Samir Nasri is now 100% a Gooner. Official!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Naijatom
Egg
Egg

Post by Naijatom »

Coach wrote:A couple seasons back, this guy was the most improved player in the premiership, and had right-back on lock. Defensively shakey at times, one cant disagree, but on a man-to-man shift, or offensively, Emmanuel was a class act. Now, im not saying Bakari be mooshooed into a new position, as he too, has shown that spot to be his niche, but rather am pointing fingers at our strategy and tactics. We didnt get enough from either flank last term, and so, galvanising our defensive edge, only served as a disservice to our intentions.

...Questions which one would like discussions to encroach upon are:
Team tactics - can we move away from our unorthodox 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1? would a 4-3-3 serve us better (not as a backup plan, but as the first-choice formation).

Rosicky in centre-midfield?

Can Van Persie be deployed in a wide role?

Your views would be much appreciated.
It would be interesting to use RVP in the RWF position like he does for Holland.

and i have been saying for a while now that Rosicky should be challenging Cesc for the CM position, I feel he can boss the game just as easily and set the high tempo the team needs to get it all going.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

odi wrote:
Skylolo wrote: Anybody who has analysed Eboue's game knows he is better going forward than he is defending, he is one of the very best dribblers in the EPL
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Skyloco don come again o! Eboue is one of the VERY BEST DRIBBLERS IN THE EPL. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It used to be Diaby the most skillful midfielder in the EPL. And now this? Lawd! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
To date you have not showed us any Central midfielders more "skillful" than Abou Diaby in the EPL so STFU until you do... :roll:
To God be the glory
odi
Egg
Egg

Post by odi »

Skylolo wrote:
odi wrote:
Skylolo wrote: Anybody who has analysed Eboue's game knows he is better going forward than he is defending, he is one of the very best dribblers in the EPL

Skyloco don come again o! Eboue is one of the VERY BEST DRIBBLERS IN THE EPL. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It used to be Diaby the most skillful midfielder in the EPL. And now this? Lawd! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
To date you have not showed us any Central midfielders more "skillful" than Abou Diaby in the EPL so STFU until you do... :roll:

He's so skillful in CM that he's NEVER even played there anymore! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Man, u r a joke! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The SUPER EAGLES shall rise again!
sammoyo30
Egg
Egg

Post by sammoyo30 »

diaby is one of the most skillful central mid in England. I concur. Hleb is out nas is in. He can play on both left and right mid. And also central. He can get past players so easy likes to shot and also a player that will get ur team up to 10 or more assist per season. I'm looking 4ward to watching him next season.
I have a Dream! - To Lift the World Cup with Nigeria as a manager!!!
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

odi wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
odi wrote:

He's so skillful in CM that he's NEVER even played there anymore! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Answer the simple question, otherwise I dont have time for you.. :roll:
To God be the glory
sammoyo30
Egg
Egg

Post by sammoyo30 »

Odi. Him playing der or not don't matter. All you have to tell us is who you think is the most skillful cm player in England
odi
Egg
Egg

Post by odi »

Skylolo wrote:
odi wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
odi wrote:

Your stance is nothing but an insult to Cesc and Hleb who play in CM in the same team.

Diaby! Lawdy! :shock: :oops: :oops:
odi
Egg
Egg

Post by odi »

sammoyo30 wrote:Odi. Him playing der or not don't matter. All you have to tell us is who you think is the most skillful cm player in England
In that case, I might as well say C. Ronaldo, who has more skill in one toe-nail than Diaby has in his whole body and that of his entire household!
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

odi wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
odi wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
odi wrote:

Your stance is nothing but an insult to Cesc and Hleb who play in CM in the same team.

Yes Helb is more skillful than Diaby but he is no CM...and you know that.

Personally I beleive Diaby is more outrageously skillful than Cesc, though for now Cesc is the better player as he is more "complete".

Next?
To God be the glory
sammoyo30
Egg
Egg

Post by sammoyo30 »

Nicely said skylolo
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

odi wrote:
sammoyo30 wrote:Odi. Him playing der or not don't matter. All you have to tell us is who you think is the most skillful cm player in England
In that case, I might as well say C. Ronaldo, who has more skill in one toe-nail than Diaby has in his whole body and that of his entire household!
Now you are just starting to show how you have not thought out your argument before you embarked on it. :roll: :roll: Everybody knows Ronaldo is a Winger/Wing forward so there is no point comparing him to Diaby....

Diaby is a Central midfielder everybody knows this, he only plays wide at arsenal because there are better players than him in the middle. and as a matter of fact he often plays wide because he posseses the skills of a wide player...
To God be the glory
odi
Egg
Egg

Post by odi »

Skylolo wrote:
odi wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
odi wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
odi wrote:

Personally I beleive Diaby is more outrageously skillful than Cesc, though for now Cesc is the better player as he is more "complete".

Next?
Sorry, but this is DAFT.

Here's Arse's team against AC Milan (just as an instance):
Almunia, Clichy, Senderos, Gallas, Sagna, Diaby, Fabregas, Flamini, Eboue, Hleb, Adebayor.

4-5-1 with Hleb playin alongside Cesc in CM. And he was rated by many as MoM.

And according to Skyloco, Abou Diaby is more skillful than Michael Ballack or Cesc Fabregas.

Now I've surely heard it all. :lol: :lol:

Jeez, where is the SKILL you are even talkin about???? Where? Show something... some article, some utube clip, ANYTHING!!!
Last edited by odi on Wed May 21, 2008 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
odi
Egg
Egg

Post by odi »

Skylolo wrote:
odi wrote:
Now you are just starting to show how you have not thought out your argument before you embarked on it. :roll: :roll: Everybody knows Ronaldo is a Winger/Wing forward so there is no point comparing him to Diaby....

Diaby is a Central midfielder everybody knows this, he only plays wide at arsenal because there are better players than him in the middle. and as a matter of fact he often plays wide because he posseses the skills of a wide player...
Everybody knows this except the one person that matters: Wenger (who "knows", remember? :lol:). He's such a good CM that the likes of Denilson are ahead of him in CM, and AW is in the market for a Nasri or Makoun. Please.

You are being too silly for words.
Last edited by odi on Wed May 21, 2008 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

odi wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
odi wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
odi wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
odi wrote: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Next?
Sorry, but this is DAFT.

Here's Arse's team against AC Milan (just as an instance):

Almunia, Clichy, Senderos, Gallas, Sagna, Diaby, Fabregas, Flamini, Eboue, Hleb, Adebayor.

4-5-1 with Hleb playin alongside Cesc [/b]in CM. And he was rated by many as MoM.

And according to Skyloco, Abou Diaby is more skillful than Michael Ballack.

Now I've surely heard it all. :lol: :lol:

Jeez, where is the SKILL you are even talkin about???? Where? Show something... some article, some utube clip, ANYTHING!!!

Do not talk of a game you know nothing about! Arsenal played 4-5-1 that day, correct but it was a more 4-4-1-1 with Diaby playing LM, Eboue at RM and Hleb playing in the hole behind the striker.

Are you high?

Ballack more skillful than Diaby? :roll: :shock:

Dear oh Dear, case closed! Please find somebody else's time to waste...
To God be the glory
odi
Egg
Egg

Post by odi »

Skylolo,

Can you name some CMs in world football that are more skillful than Diaby?
Obiagu
Egg
Egg

Post by Obiagu »

PapaK wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Coach wrote:Let us agree on the agreeable here, Eboue was no Ray Parlour at right-wing! Gypsy Ray bossed that flank, had decent delivery, and once in a while chipped in with an important goal. First season out of his niche though it may be, Emmanuel was often caught out of position, squandered possession far to easily, and was far from a defensive stalwart on the right-hand side.

...In his defence, it can be said, he's learning the trade, but when we're not getting the goals of a Pires or Ljunberg from our wings, can we afford such patience?

...This guy, in my eyes, was outstanding at fullback. Sagna has done well in that position, and one cannot see him being espoused for anybody. The question being asked here, is can we afford such leniency towards Eboue's development. Yes, we may well have scored almost as many as United, and conceded almost as few as United, but at the end of the day, they won the crown and are in the champions league final. Like Brandy said, "Almost doesnt count".
Nobody has said Eboue is Ray Parlour, not even Wenger. But Wenger is saying they are performing the same roles in the team. I watched Ray Parlour from his first game at Arsenal till his last game, he struggled under various Managers until Wenger came along, just when we thought he was done at Arsenal, he really flourished under Wenger who found the perfect role for him in the team.

Parlour was always more defensive than attacking, his huge stamina and power meant he gave the midfield added steel and he dovetailed very well with Dixon and Lauren. Parlour like I have posted on this forum for years was actually part of the Vieira, Petit steel in the midfield for the first double. He went on to do the same job when Petit left and continued till he left the club.

Eboue has only just started in this role and he has done well for one who is just doing the job for his first season, he already has a very good partnership with Sagna and can only get better. Ray was not very good when he started and some fans got on his back but Wenger held firm and he was proven right. The same will happen with Eboue.
oh no! cant you guys just let me forget this season in peace? :evil: This is why I no longer spend much time on this forum. The manner in which we lost out on everything this season was too painful.Since, you brought me into it, why did Eboue crosses go from bad to worse and then non-existent this season? Assuming he couldnt score like Ronaldo, couldnt he just work on improving his crosses? Maybe he provided defensive cover, but the fact that we leaked enough goals to knock us out of the championship and EPL, mean that we had a net loss on him by not fielding a better attacking threat in his position. One could argue that had Walcott got consistent playing time at that position, we might have 3 out of the numerous games we drew and the result of the season could have been much different.
I feel you big time!!! Its too painful watching a team you love so much stutter badly when it seems against all odds they were going to win. My friends son age 11 cried so much when we lost to Chelsea that you will think some one died in the family. Thats the type of emotions and support that a lot of people I know have invested in Arsenal, which makes it important that AW and the board gets it right this time. As per Eboue, he should be made to cross the ball 100 times every day after training since he can't shoot or score to save his life. I still wish AW will consider signing an experienced player in that positon who could actually score a goal or two.
supereagles all the way
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

odi wrote:Skylolo,

Some skillful CM's are..

1. Yaya Toure

2. Anderson

3. Patrick Vieira

4. Manuel Fernandes

5. Andres iniesta

Its up to you to decide whether they are more skillful than Diaby or not. I hope you catch the drift now.
To God be the glory
odi
Egg
Egg

Post by odi »

Damn bro, you are lost case. Really.

After dissin Cesc and Ballack, I expected you to give a list with SKILL (like maybe Diego or Kaka)... and I get Yaya Toure. You dissed Ballack and included Yaya? And you think even on this list a Diaby will belong?

I don't think you yourself even understand what your criteria are.

Besides, 2 of those 5 names play in the EPL.
Skylolo wrote:

Some skillful CM's are..

1. Yaya Toure

2. Anderson

3. Patrick Vieira

4. Manuel Fernandes

5. Andres iniesta

Its up to you to decide whether they are more skillful than Diaby or not. I hope you catch the drift now.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Unlike you I beleive CM's are players who play "Central" midfield in the true meaning of the word, its easy for me to give you...

Diego, Rafael Van Der Vaart, Aimar, Rosicky, Deco etc etc who are actually all players I admire very much but I will not compare them to the pure CM's.

But that fact is that those guys are Attacking midfielders these days with less defesive responsisbilites and formations built around them to achieve their responsibilities as AM's.
odi wrote:Damn bro, you are lost case. Really.

After dissin Cesc and Ballack, I expected you to give a list with SKILL (like maybe Diego or Kaka)... and I get Yaya Toure. You dissed Ballack and included Yaya? And you think even on this list a Diaby will belong?

Skylolo wrote:

Some skillful CM's are..

1. Yaya Toure

2. Anderson

3. Patrick Vieira

4. Manuel Fernandes

5. Andres iniesta

To God be the glory
odi
Egg
Egg

Post by odi »

And yet you included Iniesta? Like I said, U don't know your own criteria.
Skylolo wrote:Unlike you I beleive CM's are players who play "Central" midfield in the true meaning of the word, its easy for me to give you...

Diego, Rafael Van Der Vaart, Aimar, Rosicky, Deco etc etc who are actually all players I admire very much but I will not compare them to the pure CM's.

But that fact is that those guys are Attacking midfielders these days with less defesive responsisbilites and formations built around them to achieve their responsibilities as AM's.

Skylolo wrote:

Some skillful CM's are..

1. Yaya Toure

2. Anderson

3. Patrick Vieira

4. Manuel Fernandes

5. Andres iniesta

Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Continue finding excuses...

Andres iniesta is a very confortable CM he has played this position for Barcelona on numerous occasions.....but because he is such a skillful and mobile Central midfielder many coaches are confortable deploying him in a more advanced role wide or central
odi wrote:And yet you included Iniesta? Like I said, U don't know your own criteria.
Skylolo wrote:Unlike you I beleive CM's are players who play "Central" midfield in the true meaning of the word, its easy for me to give you...

Skylolo wrote:

Some skillful CM's are..

1. Yaya Toure

2. Anderson

3. Patrick Vieira

4. Manuel Fernandes

5. Andres iniesta

To God be the glory
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

Skylolo wrote:

Some skillful CM's are..

1. Yaya Toure

2. Anderson

3. Patrick Vieira

4. Manuel Fernandes

5. Andres iniesta

Deco

JMO

Seadorff
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Nasri's agent says his client still considering Arsenal's offer as well as offers from other clubs. Easily could see this falling apart as other clubs such as Inter can and will offer more. Since Dein foolishly sold out we have truly found it nearly impossible conclude deals for known commodities i.e Ribery last summer. Hopefully AW will deliver this summer but I have doubts
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'