Samir Nasri is now 100% a Gooner. Official!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

REDSPYDA
Egg
Egg

Post by REDSPYDA »

Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Arsenal make offer for Marseille's Nasri, says agent

PARIS, May 21 (Reuters) - Arsenal have made an offer for Olympique Marseille playmaker Samir Nasri, the player's agent said on Wednesday.

"We are not in a hurry. It is true that we are examining an offer from Arsenal, which is interesting for Samir Nasri from a sporting point of view," Jean-Pierre Bernes said. "But I have also received other offers," Bernes told the southern French newspaper La Provence (Web site: www.laprovence.com). The 20-year-old Nasri been included in France's provisional 30-man squad for next month's Euro 2008 tournament. He has won seven caps, scoring two goals.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
TonyStarks
Egg
Egg

Post by TonyStarks »

ohenhen1 wrote:I wonder how Nasri will fit with Gunners, I would prefered Hatem Ben Arfa, the bobo can play on the left of midfield.
Exactly. Ben Arfa plays on the LW while Nasri plays in the more traditional '10' role in the middle of the field. He just needs to toughen up a bit physically and he will be one heck of a player.
http://en.dzfoot.com
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Theoretically the Eboue manouevre was shrowd in rationale, but in reality, it didnt work as well as one hoped. No-one is contesting Bakari's right to rightback, but rather, whether our lack of goals from wide areas cost us this season.
Ziontrain wrote:
Coach wrote:A couple seasons back, this guy was the most improved player in the premiership, and had right-back on lock. Defensively shakey at times, one cant disagree, but on a man-to-man shift, or offensively, Emmanuel was a class act. Now, im not saying Bakari be mooshooed into a new position, as he too, has shown that spot to be his niche, but rather am pointing fingers at our strategy and tactics. We didnt get enough from either flank last term, and so, galvanising our defensive edge, only served as a disservice to our intentions. .
So you are saying that taking a guy who was better at offense than defense and moving him closer to the danger zone, while putting a proper defender behind him.......is bad tactics. No sorry, I dont think so.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Coach wrote:Theoretically the Eboue manouevre was shrowd in rationale, but in reality, it didnt work as well as one hoped. No-one is contesting Bakari's right to rightback, but rather, whether our lack of goals from wide areas cost us this season.
Ziontrain wrote:
Coach wrote:A couple seasons back, this guy was the most improved player in the premiership, and had right-back on lock. Defensively shakey at times, one cant disagree, but on a man-to-man shift, or offensively, Emmanuel was a class act. Now, im not saying Bakari be mooshooed into a new position, as he too, has shown that spot to be his niche, but rather am pointing fingers at our strategy and tactics. We didnt get enough from either flank last term, and so, galvanising our defensive edge, only served as a disservice to our intentions. .
So you are saying that taking a guy who was better at offense than defense and moving him closer to the danger zone, while putting a proper defender behind him.......is bad tactics. No sorry, I dont think so.
Eboue alone is not to blame as there is more than enough blame to go around, bee it sick-note Rosicky, gun shy Hleb, RB Eboue masquerading as RW and finally AW insistence that he did not need another viable scoring threat on the wings all managed to see ensure we won nothing. What is disappointing is that there was more than enough evidence to suggest these exact circumstances would come to pass based on the 06/07 debacle.

A few questions

Has Hleb ever been known for his scoring prowess?

Has Rosicky ever shown he can last an entire season be it at Dortmund or Arsenal?

How many RB's transformed into RW's manage to become top RW's who can produce what classical wingers produce i.e assists and goals?

Obviously these are all rhetorical questions which is why I state the demise of 07/08 must lie at the feet AW, he gambled and Arsenal lost out on a great opportunity to return glory to THOF.
Detective Bunk Moreland

Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Coach wrote:Theoretically the Eboue manouevre was shrowd in rationale, but in reality, it didnt work as well as one hoped. No-one is contesting Bakari's right to rightback, but rather, whether our lack of goals from wide areas cost us this season.
Ziontrain wrote:
Eboue alone is not to blame as there is more than enough blame to go around, bee it sick-note Rosicky, gun shy Hleb, RB Eboue masquerading as RW and finally AW insistence that he did not need another viable scoring threat on the wings all managed to see ensure we won nothing. What is disappointing is that there was more than enough evidence to suggest these exact circumstances would come to pass based on the 06/07 debacle.

A few questions

Has Rosicky ever shown he can last an entire season be it at Dortmund or Arsenal?

How many RB's transformed into RW's manage to become top RW's who can produce what classical wingers produce i.e assists and goals?

Obviously these are all rhetorical questions which is why I state the demise of 07/08 must lie at the feet AW, he gambled and Arsenal lost out on a great opportunity to return glory to THOF.
our defense and not offence cost us the season. the only let down in iffence was the game against Wigan. we created 1 chance and it fell to cesc.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Molue Conductor wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Ziontrain wrote:

A few questions

our defense and not offence cost us the season. the only let down in iffence was the game against Wigan. we created 1 chance and it fell to cesc.

Can't disagree with that,

2-1 up in dying seconds vs Birmingham
Amateurish opener conceded to Boro and Villa
1-0 up at the Bridge and OT in the second half
1-0 up vs Pool in CL twice, 2-2 in last 5 minutes.

Quality CB will be our most important signing this summer.
Detective Bunk Moreland

Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

Tunisian Gooner wrote: How many RB's transformed into RW's manage to become top RW's who can produce what classical wingers produce i.e assists and goals?.
No idea, but if the guy who turned Lauren (CM) into an RB, (and turned Ljunberg (a Swedish CM who couldnt dribble to save his life) into a league-winning winger, turned a useless LM (Ashley Cole) into a world class LB, tells me that he is sure Eboue will be a great winger, then you know call me crazy, but I would actually listen.

And BTW none of those changes bore fruit in the first season. But they damn sure worked. Plants do not grow in a day.

Considering what Wenger knows and has done, you guys second-guessing him is about as useful as me telling Warren Buffett that he is betting his money on the wrong stock. If I were you I would just siddon, be queet and watch. :D :D
"Jose Mourinho favoured directness and used to throw Robert Huth or John Terry up front when Chelsea were chasing the game, a ploy associated with the industrial era of English football management."
- The Guardian UK, November 26, 2007
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Ziontrain wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote: How many RB's transformed into RW's manage to become top RW's who can produce what classical wingers produce i.e assists and goals?.
No idea, but if the guy who turned Lauren (CM) into an RB, (and turned Ljunberg (a Swedish CM who couldnt dribble to save his life) into a league-winning winger, turned a useless LM (Ashley Cole) into a world class LB, tells me that he is sure Eboue will be a great winger, then you know call me crazy, but I would actually listen.

And BTW none of those changes bore fruit in the first season. But they damn sure worked. Plants do not grow in a day.

Considering what Wenger knows and has done, you guys second-guessing him is about as useful as me telling Warren Buffett that he is betting his money on the wrong stock. If I were you I would just siddon, be queet and watch. :D :D
Freddie Ljungberg was brought into a double winning side, Cashley was brought into the fold slowly and only became regular in late 2000, Lauren was a CDM who had the qualities needed to excel as a RB. Eboue on the other hand was a RB turned into a RW the requirements of each position have very different tasks, responsibilities and expectations. Eboue had ZERO GOALS and I believe 2 or 3 assists simply unacceptable for any RW but hat is just the point HE'S NOT A RW

I state now Eboue will never be a quality RW but what is truly the point is that in 07/08 he was mediocre at best on team that was damn close to bringing back silverware to THOF. The point is not should Eboue have been/be jetitson but rather why was he and Diaby our first options if either Rosicky or Hleb were MIA? We all knew it would not work, it did not work and we won zilch, nada, nothing yet again. AW has a superb eye for talent but stated thee likes of Eboue and Diaby were up to the task and all the evidence proves they were not up to the task.

Some Gooners need too take off the rose tinted spectacles and simply admit that AW can and does make mistakes. It's not a crime as all managers make incorrect assumptions but that being said when a club does not win silverware particularly a club such as Arsenal one must be willing to under go a thorough and intense analysis as to why the club came up short yet again. There are various reasons i.e lack of funds, injures, poor luck but another factor is AW made certain adamant assertions that he was unable or unwilling to implement during the course of the season i.e Eboue/Diaby being good enough. integration of the likes of Song, Traore etc. As the Master and commander of Arsenal FC he will always receive unprecedented praise by Gooners when he brings glory to THOF but what is also true when a club such as Arsenal goes three seasons on the trot without silverware as our master and commander he will, should and must accept his role in our short comings.

We had the league in our hands and tossed it away. The idea that it was better to give Eboue time to grow into RW rather than acquiring a more capable RW in order to make Eboue a superb RW in the future at the expense of our 07/08 campaign... well suffice to say while our rivals are celebrating historical success Gooners are actually debating the merits of Eboue as RW. In professional sports sometimes you must demand success today rather than hope for it tomorrow, as a wise man once said

Those that say they can and those that say they can't are usually both correct
Detective Bunk Moreland

Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Ziontrain wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Lauren was a CDM who had the qualities needed to excel as a RB.
Either you were not an Arsenal fan at the time or you have rose tinted glasses yourself. Lauren was a basket case back there until the undefeated season.
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
I state now Eboue will never be a quality RW
Excellent - the crow pie will the even more tasty when you eat it. :D :D
"Jose Mourinho favoured directness and used to throw Robert Huth or John Terry up front when Chelsea were chasing the game, a ploy associated with the industrial era of English football management."
Obiagu
Egg
Egg

Post by Obiagu »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Ziontrain wrote:

A few questions

Its wrong to offer someone a job for life, it breeds complacency!!!!!
Our failure last season was mainly because of one man, AW
supereagles all the way
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Either you were not an Arsenal fan at the time or you have rose tinted glasses yourself. Lauren was a basket case back there until the undefeated season.
the crow pie will the even more tasty when you eat it. :D :D

1. Even if one believes that Eboue is destined to become the next CR7 the fact remains we all knew he was not up to the job as a RW in 07/08 from day one, the season bears that fact out and we won nothing yet again. Surely somewhere on the Planet there was RW somewhere who could have managed more than ZERO goals and the 2 assists that Eboue "contributed" in 07/08. The same stands for Diaby who is a quality CM but is a mediocre LW at best, I do not blame them as they tried their darnedest to adapt their skills to completely different positions but predictably struggled to produce and meet the demands of classical wing-men.

As I stated before

We had the league in our hands and tossed it away. The idea that it was better to give Eboue time to grow into RW rather than acquiring a more capable RW in order to make Eboue a superb RW in the future at the expense of our 07/08 campaign.... well suffice to say while our rivals are celebrating historical success Gooners are actually debating the merits of Eboue as RW. In professional sports sometimes you must demand success today rather than hope for it tomorrow, as a wise man once said

Those that say they can and those that say they can't are usually both correct

2. Lauren was not a basket case ZT, his debut vs Liverpool he was actually one of our best players in our first win vs Houllier's led Pool. He was raw but grew from game to game but was clearly a top RB by the end of the season.

3. Eboue was poor in August, he was poor in November, he was poor in March and poor in April. He is not a RW, he will never be a quality RW and anyone who thinks we will surpass the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea with Eboue being a regular fixture on the wings had better be prepared for more trophy-less seasons.
Detective Bunk Moreland

Obiagu
Egg
Egg

Post by Obiagu »

Ziontrain wrote:

We don siddon for 3 trophyless seasons, may be we should ask, are we there yet?
supereagles all the way
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I thought Nasry was to sign today, on here it appears it is about 10 million pounds fee was agreed. Why has he not signed.

http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/aktuell/ ... index.html

And on this Eboue issue, he needs to get better to justify his starting position spot, the bobo does cross the ball well, but his decision making is poor, either he steps it up and become an offensive option, which means atleast 6 goals and some assist, or he should sit, and let young players like Carlos Vela, Theo Walcott step in, and maybe Samir Nasri.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

Well next year would be his 2nd season in this new position. why dont you people wait and se what he does in terms of growth. You are far too impation.

At this rate, Nasri will turn up, Wenger will put him on the wing and you guys will be bitching and whining with 2 weeks that he isnt Garrincha.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Tunisian Gooner, may Hammarmet rejoice in your clarity! Take an effing bow! My sentiments exact, its all good saying, give Eboue time, but thats not a question one should be asking the fans, but rather his opposing fullback and left-winger! Did they give him time to fine tune his crossing, better his dribbling, convert more chances, create more goals? Its all fine and dandy us coming here talking about tommorrow, but someone needs to steer the discourse back to today! The here and now is what matters. Yes, in umpteen years time Eboue may be every bit the Ray Parlour, Arsene wanted, but isn't the same being said of Anderson. In x and y games time, he'll be the next Paul Scholes, till then, Paul Scholes will play the Paul Scholes role! We didnt prepare for the possibility of a 2 goal and zero assist innings from Eboue and so had nothing else to bring in, to help ease him into his new role.

...Once again, we are left arguing the immaterial of a premiership season. Season's past we debated Vieira's departure whilst our so-called equals celebrated domestic success, this summer the discourse has drifted to player versatlity, whilst our so-called equals celebrate domestic and continental success. And once again of course, we've been buttered up with the whole, 'one day we'll win something' drool that has become a colloquialism over the past few years! One day when exactly, tomorrow? what about today!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Coach wrote:Tunisian Gooner, may Hammarmet rejoice in your clarity! Take an effing bow! My sentiments exact, its all good saying, give Eboue time, but thats not a question one should be asking the fans, but rather his opposing fullback and left-winger! Did they give him time to fine tune his crossing, better his dribbling, convert more chances, create more goals? Its all fine and dandy us coming here talking about tommorrow, but someone needs to steer the discourse back to today! The here and now is what matters. Yes, in umpteen years time Eboue may be every bit the Ray Parlour, Arsene wanted, but isn't the same being said of Anderson. In x and y games time, he'll be the next Paul Scholes, till then, Paul Scholes will play the Paul Scholes role! We didnt prepare for the possibility of a 2 goal and zero assist innings from Eboue and so had nothing else to bring in, to help ease him into his new role.

...Once again, we are left arguing the immaterial of a premiership season. Season's past we debated Vieira's departure whilst our so-called equals celebrated domestic success, this summer the discourse has drifted to player versatlity, whilst our so-called equals celebrate domestic and continental success. And once again of course, we've been buttered up with the whole, 'one day we'll win something' drool that has become a colloquialism over the past few years! One day when exactly, tomorrow? what about today!
Where were you when Manure went 3 seasons without winning the league title? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Some of the players winning now like Rooney were young and developing. They needed time just like the Arsenal young players need time. Wenger has had countless successes in his time at Arsenal and only a handful because instant success. Eboue has played his first season in his new role and Wenger has even tried to educate a lot of ignorant Arsenal fans on his role and why he is played but it seems you guys know better. :roll: :roll: :roll:

When you talk of the here and now, you can speak for yourself, I know Rome was not built in a day and lasting success in football, does not come here and now, it takes time to build. Just like it took Wenger 3 seasons to build the 'invicibles'. It took Fergie 5 seasons to win his first trophy, if the Manure Board was like you, he would have been fired and Manure's successes would have gone to a club that had patience.

I am very content with what I have seen to renew my season ticket for next season and I will continue to renew it because I know I am fortunate as an Arsenal supporter to have Arsene.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Where was i? I was supporting Arsenal, just like i am now, whilst we're going 3 seasons of barrenness! Besides, im not intereste din how many trophies have or haven't won, im talking about today, not yesterday, or tomorow! Today! Why as Arsenal fans are we incapable of talking about today? Why is the discourse always about yesteryears, or future years to come, is it to much to ask for deliverance as opposed to effing promise!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

What did Chelski win? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

We need a squad with quality not the dross you have asked for on this site. Please spare us your whine. You asked for a squad with players like Jenas because you said Flamini was pants, Song was pants, even Cesc at one time to you was pants. All Arsenal's young players were pants. So what did Chelski win? :oops: :oops: :oops:

Coach wrote:Where was i? I was supporting Arsenal, just like i am now, whilst we're going 3 seasons of barrenness! Besides, im not intereste din how many trophies have or haven't won, im talking about today, not yesterday, or tomorow! Today! Why as Arsenal fans are we incapable of talking about today? Why is the discourse always about yesteryears, or future years to come, is it to much to ask for deliverance as opposed to effing promise!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

The point being made, which you refuse to accpet is that, the game has changed since the days of Alex needing 5 years and Arsene 3 seasons to achieve invincibility. Nowadays, centre-midfielders are scoring 20 goals, a right-winger might get you 40, 4 strikers is almost a prerequisite for success, and you're not garunteed 3 points on Teeside! Football has evolved, the competition has got tougher, the demands greater, and the good have got gooder (for want of poetic consistency)!

...Next season, whilst Eboue's still learning his trade, a right-winger will be leading goalscorers chart, closely followed by a centre-midfielder in hot pursuit. A top team will have 2 or 3 players on 20 goals a season, and the other will bring a dominant force off the bench. Its repetitive! The only consistency in football is that, the best team ultimately wins, and the best teams usually the one with the better players. United's starting 11 and squad is much better than ours, hence our exuberrance at sneaking a draw against them at home, and defeat away. Chelsea's starting 11 and squad is better than ours, hence their appearance in the latter stage of the Champions League and sabotage of our faultering assault on the title!

...We can continue to wait for Eboue, and the rest of world can continue to bask in the naivety of not knowing what his role in the starting 11 is, but if we fail to strengthen this side in accordance with the demands of success, we will be here, next summer discussing more and more immaterial!
Babafad
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babafad »

Coach wrote:Where was i? I was supporting Arsenal, just like i am now, whilst we're going 3 seasons of barrenness! Besides, im not intereste din how many trophies have or haven't won, im talking about today, not yesterday, or tomorow! Today! Why as Arsenal fans are we incapable of talking about today? Why is the discourse always about yesteryears, or future years to come, is it to much to ask for deliverance as opposed to effing promise!

Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Once again, talk of the 'been and gone'. Talk today Waffi! Where are we today? 3rd placed yet again, no silverware yet again, more points on the board maybe, but that doesnt entitle you to a bigger podium, one closer to the silver medalist! Its still third place!

...Once again we lacked the courage to carry the cross till the end. All the talk of 'lets do this for Eduardo', and at the end of the season, as expected, Eduardo has turned into our excuse for failure. This team is not strong enough, and till it is, we will bask in the shadows of those that are!

Waffiman wrote:What did Chelski win? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

We need a squad with quality not the dross you have asked for on this site. Please spare us your whine. You asked for a squad with players like Jenas because you said Flamini was pants, Song was pants, even Cesc at one time to you was pants. All Arsenal's young players were pants. So what did Chelski win? :oops: :oops: :oops:

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Answer the question.

What did Chelski win? :oops: :oops: :oops:

Oh! Chelski won the treble.

Runners Up - Beer cup
Runners Up - League
Runners Up - Champions League.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Coach wrote:Once again, talk of the 'been and gone'. Talk today Waffi! Where are we today? 3rd placed yet again, no silverware yet again, more points on the board maybe, but that doesnt entitle you to a bigger podium, one closer to the silver medalist! Its still third place!

...Once again we lacked the courage to carry the cross till the end. All the talk of 'lets do this for Eduardo', and at the end of the season, as expected, Eduardo has turned into our excuse for failure. This team is not strong enough, and till it is, we will bask in the shadows of those that are!

Waffiman wrote:What did Chelski win? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: