Vieira: We will not be beaten

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

AreaStarr
Egg
Egg
Location: By the Bar as usual hand full of liquor puffing on a sweet swisher!
Vieira: We will not be beaten

Post by AreaStarr »

Arsenal captain Patrick Vieira believes his side's consistency can give them the edge in a title race that could go down to the wire.

Vieira expects Arsenal to be fighting out the Premiership title with Manchester United and Chelsea right to the end of the season. However, while the Gunners are second in the table, they remain the only side in any of the four divisions in England to still be unbeaten at Christmas.

Vieira said: "We know how important it is not to lose a game and we have had that consistency to take points and win games this season. If we can carry on like that to the end of the season, then we'll have a very good chance."

He told the club's website, www.arsenal.com : "It's going to be a three-team race until the end of the season and we know that each point will be very important."

Arsenal, who have won 11 games and drawn six, trail United by a single point, while Chelsea are level on goal difference with Arsene Wenger's side.

Arsenal face Wolves at home on Boxing Day, having defeated Dave Jones' side 5-1 with a virtual reserve side in the Carling Cup recently.

Wenger nevertheless warned his team not to take anything for granted against Wolves, whom he believes will fight even harder in the Barclaycard Premiership.

Indeed, he was also not about to be drawn into making any rash statements about his team being able to go unbeaten all season in the Premiership.

Wenger is still smarting from being quoted as saying as much last season, which led to accusations of arrogance.

"It wasn't a mistake as I didn't say it. We lost three games in 2001-2002 and I said that we would try to lose less than that, I didn't say we would do it," he insisted. "We just go from game to game. You can lose a match if a ball goes one side of the post rather than the other side."
La Reussi
Egg
Egg

Post by La Reussi »

We'll try not to lose any match this season.

La Reussi
In all things and every situation, give thanks to God.
mlkama
Egg
Egg

Post by mlkama »

Does this guy know that you could remain unbeaten and not win the title? They better start winning before ManU gets into gear else they can forget winning this title.
Waffiman wrote: PS: Milla couldn't hold a candle to Manga Onguene or Theophile "Docteur" Abega .
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

Famous last words from Paddy. I get concerned when footballers start coming out with statements like this. He should just let our football do the talking, and leave the confident statements to the likes of Man Utd and Spurs.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Ijapa
Egg
Egg

Post by Ijapa »

Whaaaat Tinaye!!, This guy mind yourself when you talk about the gunnerslike that.

You look like one of thos ewalkabout supporters (supports anyteam that wins the league the previous season), that is why you're not sure if you support MANURE or tottenham.

By the way, REAL Tottenham fans despise Manure as well so sharraaap. Now you have come to support the eagles when you have a team of yours that is going to get wallopped at the ANC.

I'm sure if they get a win - you'll star supporting them again.

let me confuse you again - which team do you support in the EPL
You future depends on your dreams: so go to sleep