Is Obafemi born in Bakassi ? Is he Cameroonian ????

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Unisol
Egg
Egg

Post by Unisol »

What a load of rubbish!!!
As someone has already pointed out "obafemi martins" is a name from the Yoruba tribe. Yorubas are found in the South western part of Nigeria and bakassi is in the south eastern, i leave the rest for u to figure out urselves.

If anyone can't, then.......................... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Go Super Eagles - We taught the world to play Soccer.
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

I am not sure if the problems lies in the web-translation but in the original text in French it says that Martins was born in Bakassi. The article does not discuss his ethnic affiliation.
Ambazonia
Egg
Egg

Post by Ambazonia »

If it is indeed true that Obafemi Martins was born in Bakassi, he'll play for Ambazonia (or the Southern Cameroons), not for the illegal colonial usurper - La Republique du Cameroon, who we'll kick out soon. La Republique du Cameroun has a pipe dream that Bakassi is their territory.
mlkama
Egg
Egg

Post by mlkama »

Oh boy, even the ambazonians are here... Oga you are welcome....
Waffiman wrote: PS: Milla couldn't hold a candle to Manga Onguene or Theophile "Docteur" Abega .
Mbape
Egg
Egg

Post by Mbape »

Eagle Winged wrote:
Mbape wrote:
Eagle Winged wrote:Obagoal, Cameroonian? You wish!

No, mon frere, he wishes! He's the one claiming Cameroon origins (if the report is true). We are just reading and smiling. A player of his calibre will do anybody proud, but you need him more than we do. So keep begging him.
Cameroon need strikers more than we do. Your only decent striker is Eto'o, and thats it! All the rest are complete nobodies!
Crap. All we need is to put one past your leaky baskets you call goalies, and its lights out. Even Eto'o and a bunch of nobodies are good for that. Mouth, mouth. If 'nobodies' keep thrashing you like a reed in a hamattan, you've got to be less than nobodies, no?
Unisol
Egg
Egg

Post by Unisol »

mlkama wrote:Oh boy, even the ambazonians are here... Oga you are welcome....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Go Super Eagles - We taught the world to play Soccer.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

[quote="Mbape"]I dont know the timing of this interview, but if it occurred after the recent fracas over CAN 2004 participation, then Martins is simply firing his own salvo at Nigerian authorities.

I have to say it is shamefull the way folks like Ogunjobi have behaved. If a lad of 18 wants to delay playing for the national team, a respectable FA chief will simply say, fine. We'll check back with you in future. Maybe two years from now he'll be ready - maybe 4. He'll be at the prime of his career, hopefully with a locked down starting role in a big club. You dont pick up a match and burn the bridge down! All of sudden people are questioning his true age, and calling him unpatriotic and all sorts of names. Totally unnecessary.

If this report is accurate, then the lad is showing that he has fight too, because he knows, as you and I know - as every suckling child knows - that nothing will twist the intestines of a Nigerian more than to see a player you have so coveted line up in Cameroon colors! Whoaaa!! I guess Ayo would automatically strip him of all the talent he has been touting the lad with.

Nice reply. Makes lotta sense too. You got me rolling with lafta.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Tolu

Post by Tolu »

bret- hart wrote:GOD FORBID OBAFEMI WILL NOT PLAY FOR CAMEROON. IF INEED HE PLAYS FOR CAMEROON THEN IT WILL ONLY CONFIRM THE FACT THAT HE HAS NO CLASS. LIKE IT OR NOT OUR RIVALRY IS VERY BITTER. JUST LIKE THE ENGLAND- GERMANY AND REAL BARCA RIVALRY IT HAS BEEN THERE FOR YEARS. A BORN AND BREED GERMAN WHO LOVES GERMANY WILL RATHER PLAY FOR BANGLADESH THAN PLAY FOR ENGLAND AND VISE VERSA. IF OBAFEMI AFTER GROWING UP IN NIGERIA DECIDES TO PLAY FOR CAMEROON, THEN HE SHOULD BE REARDED AS A PERSON NON GRATA BY ALL PATRIOTIC NIGERIANS

why should he not play for cameroon? what is there in nigeria?
mouko
Egg
Egg

Post by mouko »

bret- hart wrote:U CAMEROONIANS ARE NOTHING BUT DAYLIGHT ROBBERS. FIRST IT WAS THE NATIONS CUP, THEN BAKKASI AND NOW YOU WANT TO STEAL MARTINS. I DONT MIND SEEING HIMPLAY FOR ITALY BET IF I SEE HIM WEAR THOSE USELESS BASKET BALL JEARSEYS U BANNANA BOYS CALL SOCCER JERSEYS I WILL PERSONALLY GO TO THE CAMEROONS AND DO A COLUMBINE :evil: IN YAOUNDE.
It is our fault if Martins realises that there is no hope with Naija and opts for Cameroon?
If Sex and Money can't do it, Forget About It.
01.06.1955 Ghana 7-0 Nigeria International @Kwabena
mouko
Egg
Egg

Post by mouko »

Robbynice wrote:
visie wrote:His intention is to one day play for Cameroon , the country of his origin.

Visie
And quite frankly we could care less. Good riddance to bad rubbish. :evil:
Call it sour grapes robby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If Sex and Money can't do it, Forget About It.
01.06.1955 Ghana 7-0 Nigeria International @Kwabena
omonoba
Egg
Egg

Post by omonoba »

Mouko, Mlkama and all the other cameroun fellows that come on here, all of a sudden after this highly questionable and unconfirmed news report, you guys are all excited.
In fact Joplass on your forum posted:
Very, very, very interesting. I would love to see how this will unfold. Martins has been holding back because he knew where he belongs.
If Martins is cameroonian Shaefer should try him right away!
And that quote above echoes the sentiments posted by others on your forum.

Just curious, but isn't this the same Martins that most forummers on your forum claimed wasn't all that even going so far in one or two instances to claim he was over-rated. Are we to believe that now that there is a possibility that he might be cameroonian, he has somehow , overnight become a different player, good enough for the Lions?!
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

This whole story plus the object are bunch of crap.
bigtruth
Egg
Egg

Post by bigtruth »

If martins wants to play for cameroon, they are welcome to him.
mlkama
Egg
Egg

Post by mlkama »

The purpose of this post more than anything else is to solicit banter on a weekend as is the purpose of many other threads here. Afterall none of us here know why Obafemi has held back from playing for SE until now. And I certainly don't know where he was born even if his name is a Yoruba name. Ethnic Yorubas born in America hold American passports so having a Yoruba name proves nothing one way or the other.
Waffiman wrote: PS: Milla couldn't hold a candle to Manga Onguene or Theophile "Docteur" Abega .
mlkama
Egg
Egg

Post by mlkama »

Omonoba,

Obafemi has undoubted talent. Almost certainly enough to grace many a national squad. That does NOT however raise him to the level of the next George Weah as the great or infamous AyoAkinfe has been touting him. That is precisely why many people have said he is overrated. Many of the Nigerians here have still not seen this guy play a full match. I can tell you that I haven't. But there was a time when 60% of the threads in this forum were about Obagol. And this is undoubtedly the biggest african football forum. Under the circumstances, considering that he has yet to play an international, won't you say there is a case for calling it euphoria? No, wait. I might be asking the wrong person that question...lol.

omonoba wrote:Mouko, Mlkama and all the other cameroun fellows that come on here, all of a sudden after this highly questionable and unconfirmed news report, you guys are all excited.
In fact Joplass on your forum posted:
Very, very, very interesting. I would love to see how this will unfold. Martins has been holding back because he knew where he belongs.
If Martins is cameroonian Shaefer should try him right away!
And that quote above echoes the sentiments posted by others on your forum.

Just curious, but isn't this the same Martins that most forummers on your forum claimed wasn't all that even going so far in one or two instances to claim he was over-rated. Are we to believe that now that there is a possibility that he might be cameroonian, he has somehow , overnight become a different player, good enough for the Lions?!
Ambazonia
Egg
Egg

Post by Ambazonia »

mlkama:
Thank you for the welcome, I see we'll make good neighbors.
Go Super Eagles!
Buea
Egg
Egg

Post by Buea »

bret- hart wrote:U CAMEROONIANS ARE NOTHING BUT DAYLIGHT ROBBERS. FIRST IT WAS THE NATIONS CUP, THEN BAKKASI AND NOW YOU WANT TO STEAL MARTINS. I DONT MIND SEEING HIMPLAY FOR ITALY BET IF I SEE HIM WEAR THOSE USELESS BASKET BALL JEARSEYS U BANNANA BOYS CALL SOCCER JERSEYS I WILL PERSONALLY GO TO THE CAMEROONS AND DO A COLUMBINE :evil: IN YAOUNDE.
Bret-hart, and how do you think you would accomplish that. You are all talk like naiger them. Many cameroonian from Bakassi changed their names so that they could be eligible for certain nigerian benefit. He will play where ever he wants. Let the young man make his decison.
Our goal is to remain superior to the eagles!
Buea
Egg
Egg

Post by Buea »

Mbape wrote:

No, mon frere, he wishes! He's the one claiming Cameroon origins (if the report is true). We are just reading and smiling. A player of his calibre will do anybody proud, but you need him more than we do. So keep begging him.
Mbape, well said!
Buea
Egg
Egg

Post by Buea »

Eagle Winged wrote:
Mbape wrote:

Cameroon need strikers more than we do. Your only decent striker is Eto'o, and thats it! All the rest are complete nobodies!
Eagle winged, you may have the best strikers but you can't beat us. By the way we don't rely on strikers only. We score from every position. Remember AAG a midfielder playing behind skrikers lightene you up with 2 goals.
Buea
Egg
Egg

Post by Buea »

Edu, does it matter? he will make his decision. If he want to play for naija, good, if he wants to play for ILs we will welcome him.
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

Mbape wrote:I dont know the timing of this interview, but if it occurred after the recent fracas over CAN 2004 participation, then Martins is simply firing his own salvo at Nigerian authorities.

I have to say it is shamefull the way folks like Ogunjobi have behaved. If a lad of 18 wants to delay playing for the national team, a respectable FA chief will simply say, fine. We'll check back with you in future. Maybe two years from now he'll be ready - maybe 4. He'll be at the prime of his career, hopefully with a locked down starting role in a big club. You dont pick up a match and burn the bridge down! All of sudden people are questioning his true age, and calling him unpatriotic and all sorts of names. Totally unnecessary.

If this report is accurate, then the lad is showing that he has fight too, because he knows, as you and I know - as every suckling child knows - that nothing will twist the intestines of a Nigerian more than to see a player you have so coveted line up in Cameroon colors! Whoaaa!! I guess Ayo would automatically strip him of all the talent he has been touting the lad with.

Man, I love Nigerians! You folks are very entertaining.
True talk my guy. This bunch of hypocritical bufoons have got my blood boiling. Some of these folks will even bad-mouth Nigeria to their oyinbo friends. They have done absolutely nothing for Nigeria, They've been abroad for tens of years, haven't returned home once, and haven't done jack $#% for the underprivileged in Nigeria, yet they can't understand that Obafemi's decision to consolidate his position with his club. Thunder fire all you hypocrites... We go see who go get the last laugh.
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

How guys go dey buy dis kind cheap stuff on a thread started by a Camerounian? His intentions are very clear
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

If Martins pulls off the stunt of wearing that green/red/yellow combo of the Cameroonians, then I'd know for sure that he's a real dare freaking devil... cause, the only stunt more dangerous than his playing for Cameroon, is trying to sneak into Nigeria for holidays.... he ain't that dumb... brother knows better :mrgreen: