Arsenal have big problem.Aliadiere out for up to a month

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Jmal
Egg
Egg
Arsenal have big problem.Aliadiere out for up to a month

Post by Jmal »

Aliadiere out for up to a month with knee injury
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Story by Chris Parry 10 January 2004

Jeremie Aliadiere could be out of action for up to a month after sustaining a knee injury today, leaving us perilously short of strikers for the upcoming games.

Kanu is off to the African Nations Cup while both Bergkamp and Wiltord are both still injured, therefore the ever-present Thierry Henry looks like being our only available striker for next weekend's trip to Villa Park!

Despite this crisis, Arsene Wenger still refuses to enter the transfer market, saying: "There is money there but I hope not to have to buy this month as I have good young players and at some stage you have to give them a chance.
"I'm glad I did it today as Jeremie's shown his talent. He had a great first half but the negative part is that we have lost him for three to four weeks as he has twisted his knee ligaments.

"We have lost a player in an area where we cannot afford to lose players, with Wiltord and Bergkamp already out and Kanu going to the African Nations' Cup. That's a blow for us."

What the hell is mr. wenger going to do...... :roll: :roll: :roll: WILL HE SALUT KING KANU TO STAY ????
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

Using Aliadiere to bench Kanu, whilst preventing the latter from joining his country was serious bad bellus.

I feel sorry for Aliadiere, but no sympathy for Mr. Wenger.

There is a God.
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
Jmal
Egg
Egg

Post by Jmal »

Jiggerman21 wrote:Using Aliadiere to bench Kanu, whilst preventing the latter from joining his country was serious bad bellus.

I feel sorry for Aliadiere, but no sympathy for Mr. Wenger.

There is a God.
WELL AM SORRY FOR ARSENAL...THEY HAVE JUST THE GREAT HENRY FORWARD..MYBE WENGER WILL BE THE TOP STRIKER NOW THAT KANU IS GOING TO ANC.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jmal
Egg
Egg

Post by Jmal »

WENGER PRAISE FOR GUNNERS
Saturday 10th January 2004

Wenger: Delighted

More Football stories:

Premiership Saturday round-up
Arason set for City trial

Results
Top Scorers
Tables
Fixtures
Cup results/draws
Opta Stats

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger hailed his side after their emphatic victory over Middlesbrough.
The Gunners eased to a 4-1 success and the display delighted the Frenchman.

"It was a great performance; it had everything you like, movement and chances - until the last 15 minutes when we took it easy," said Wenger.

"It was a complete team performance - we defended and attacked well, we created chances and did not get frustrated.

"You always want to be perfect and that just means we can continue and improve.

"We were frustrated after Everton last week and the best answers you can give is on the pitch.

"I feel we have improved compared to last season - we are more stable and I think we can improve in all areas.

"This was one of the top five performances this season, you can never choose when you play at your best, but it is always nice."

Wenger does not think the result will have too much affect on their three other games with Middlesbrough later this month.

"It will always have a little psychological impact, but we will try to win every game and take them as they come," he added.

The Arsenal boss also confirmed that youngster Jeremie Aliadiere could be out for a number of weeks after he limped off with a leg injury,

"Aliadiere could be out for months, but we do not know not yet," said Wenger.

"We are short with Bergkamp and Wiltord injured and Kanu going to play in the African nations, but we are not planning any moves yet as I think Bergkamp and Wiltord are days and not weeks away - but we cannot take anymore injuries

U NEVER KNOW UNTILL DENNIS AND WILTORD ARE READY WHO DO U THINK WILL BE STRIKER I WILL VOTE FOR KOLO T......
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

Kolo toure dey
Egg
Egg

Post by Ijapa »

Scourge, You no hear say Kolo don wound...?
You future depends on your dreams: so go to sleep
Ijapa
Egg
Egg

Post by Ijapa »

By the way.... Aliadere's injury was said to be minor
You future depends on your dreams: so go to sleep
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Them suppose move Pires or Ljunberg to striker....either one of them are better than Kanu
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

That dundee wenger na mumu.....and kanu na mumu too if im follow that man stay for arsenal until the 18th. I personally dont understand what yobo,kanu,isaac and cele are still doing in their clubs...their clubs show time and time again that they dont need them now. Yobo's last starting place was about 4 weeks ago and if he had not come down with the flu, he would have found his regular spot on the bench.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

Wenger saying "Where is Kanu when you need him"?
Jmal
Egg
Egg

Post by Jmal »

I bleave this ANC is all about kanu and okocha and yes AGhahowa....infact i think kanu will be the hero this time bleave it or not.. kanu´s time will come and he will show u what he is capable..he is great great player in my book..just like jay-jay :lol: :lol: :lol:
lowzeewee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by lowzeewee »

Arsenal can now enjoy their season!Punishment for benching Kanu and only using him when they had no choice! :mrgreen: