WAFFIMAN AND LARRY

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
WAFFIMAN AND LARRY

Post by deanotito »

I remember that almost a year ago you guys were standing up for Yobo when I pointed out that Yobo was sitting on the bench at everton cause Moyes thought he was better there.

Una no gree hear then and I want to know ya opinion now. Sadly enough, the reasons Yobo is on the bench today are very identical to those of last season....even though you guys wanted to paint moyes as victimizing yobo then because of some contractual dispute...it wasnt true then and it isnt true now.

Let me say this....I think Yobo is a terrific defender and anytime I watch everton, he impresses.

Last season, yobo was substituted in a match due to poor performance in that particular match and there began his woes. Game after game, he sat his butt on that bench partly because his absence was not affecting the performance of the team and in fact, the team experienced a resurgence.

This season, its identical. He got injured and was given time to recuperate...during that time Everton experienced a resurgence. They werent letting in goals and lo and behold, the rooneys and radzinkys of this world started scoring goals also. Moyes, in my mind, probably believes the "dont change a winning team" cliche and I doubt Yobo would ever regain his starting position as far as this season is concerned. Yobo has been back for 3-4 weeks and the situation isn't getting any better. This week he had the flu but it wouldnt have changed his position.

The only thing that can help Yobo is for either Stubbs or Weir to get injured or start letting in goals. I dont see them letting in goals so Yobo should start praying for some freak injury.
Strategically, if he were to signify his intention to start playing the right back again, I'm sure he'd get the shirt cause Pistone aint nothing. But I dont think he'd do that.

By the way, I must say that I know that Yobo is better than Stubbs or Weir.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

personally, I think Yobo is a better RB...he never really loooks confident in the CB position..
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

deanotito,

Yobo has not lost his place and has not featured cos of injury and sickness.

Yobo was the ONLY Everton player that featured consequtively in the first 15 matches before injury.

There is no problem at the moment and he is off to Tunisia.

We will see what happens after ANC, Yobo might and might not get in the squad.
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

Well said Larry.
who no know go know.
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

He has lost his place! He was brought on as a sub a few games ago and has been on the bench. If he was ill he wouldn't have made it that far!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

RudeBoy,

He came on as a sub against Norwich after hsi neck injury.

A player normally don't play 90 minutes after injury and has to work his way back to full fitness.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Larry Ashagbe, when oh when, will you call a spade a spade. I knew you were going to say this cause you said it last year.

Yobo missed a game or two because of injuries and since he came back, he has seen very little action. Typically, you allow such a player to start on the bench for one match and after that, he makes his full entry.

He had such a minor injury and the recuperation period was so short that it is unthinkable that he would be left on the bench for 4 games in a row....and he would have been left on the bench today too...

I know you talk to Yobo and you like him too, but if this is the advise you're giving him,you're a sycophant.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Abi I lie????

8th Jan-Everton-Arsenal: bench...didnt come on at all

3rd Jan-Everton-Norwich city (FA CUP): Bench...came on at half time

28th december-Everton-Birmingham City: Bench...came on in the 85th minute

26th december-Everton-Man U: Bench.....didnt come on at all
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

deanotito wrote:Abi I lie????

8th Jan-Everton-Arsenal: bench...didnt come on at all

3rd Jan-Everton-Norwich city (FA CUP): Bench...came on at half time

28th december-Everton-Birmingham City: Bench...came on in the 85th minute

26th december-Everton-Man U: Bench.....didnt come on at all
The man has been injured!!! He has a neck injury after landing akwardly. Anyway, you are free to believe whatever you want.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

I can see why Larry quit. Yobo has been injured. QED.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I agree with whoever said that Yobo is more suitable for the RF position
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

There they go again. Read the schedule of matches I posted and tell me at what point he got injured. If he actually recovered b4 the Norwich city game, why didnt he play against henry(a man he marked oh so well in august)?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

deanotito wrote:There they go again. Read the schedule of matches I posted and tell me at what point he got injured. If he actually recovered b4 the Norwich city game, why didnt he play against henry(a man he marked oh so well in august)?
We are not going to bother arguing with you on this one. Okay you are right. Peace.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Why wouldnt you?Argue with me, that is.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

It is clear you have taken a position, so what is the point trying to inform you with the truth. I cannot force you to accept what you do not to accept.

We have told you he was injured but you nor gree. Wetin man fit do again?
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Ok, we disagree. Ciao.
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

deanotito,

If Yobo is dropped by the manager, it is Yobo's problem to try and get back in the squad and if he cannot do that, then it is tough.