Info required: Nigerian 'Ike' in Egypt

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

basha
Egg
Egg
Info required: Nigerian 'Ike' in Egypt

Post by basha »

Ismaily recently acquired a player by the name of Ike. He used to play for the Arab Contractors, but after they got relegated he and Robert Akaroy (spelling?) had some differences with the AC management and basically ended up assaulting a ref to purposely get themselves banned so they could leave the club.

I think he also may have played in Oman (Dhofar club). Any info would be much appreciated. He's an attacker, I think he is in his mid-20s.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

GT go to work fast!
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

BASHA:
I think you are referring to Ikechukwu Onyeama (or something like that) who was banned with Akaruye for attacking a referee AFTER the game. I know very little of both because they left Nigeria quite early in their careers -- Akaruye after a very brief stint at Insurance of Benin.
mystic

Post by mystic »

Akaruye also starred for Lobi before jetting out to Egypt to sign with Al Alhy which was his original team before his move to Arab Contractors. I know nothing about Ikechukwu Onyeama.
basha
Egg
Egg

Post by basha »

thanks guys

yes, Akaruye in fact did play with Ahly, but ended up on the bench there (not necessarily because he was bad, cuz a lot of good players end up on the bench in Ahly, they always buy more players than they need)

I don't know what exactly they were banned for but a friend saw the match after which they received their ban, Ike I think attacked a linesman and/or a player, while Akaruye flat out assaulted the ref (during the match).

In any case, any information would be much appreciated. Also, GT, you may want to try to contact Akaruye and/or Ike (Ikechukwu?). I don't know if Akaruye ended up being able to leave the club, but he has a 1-season ban here in Egypt, so if he's still stuck with them he's probably not very happy at all.
leftee
Egg
Egg

Post by leftee »

I have heard of this Akaruye guy before.
"If You Need a Helping Hand, You'll Find One at the End of Your Arm"
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Akaruye, cannot be mistaken on the field of play, he runs a lot, he's very direct and has a funky? hairstyle