Chei you've gotta give it to the East African Media

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Rogermilla
Egg
Egg
Chei you've gotta give it to the East African Media

Post by Rogermilla »

http://dailynews.habarileo.co.tz/sports/?id=5182

Excitement as hosts secure memorable result
JOHN NCHIMBI
Daily News; Sunday,June 15, 2008 @00:05

With Taifa Stars’ recent dismal performance, many doubted whether the new stadium would even be half full yesterday, but that myth was to be proved wrong. Whether spectators came to get a glimpse of Cameroon stars like Samuel Eto’s that would be a subject of another discussion, but the stadium was almost packed to its 60,000-seater full capacity.

Two hours before the kick off, almost every vehicle with national flag pennants and people putting on bandannas were heading to the venue. Almost an hour to the start, thousands of people had started pouring into the stadium and the organizers never disappointed them, they invited Akudo Impact band group to keep football lovers entertained.

However, the organizers failed to reason beyond their nose because Akudo were far in the Eastern gate so spectators could hardly see the entertainers. The circus people courtesy of National Micro Finance Bank (NMB) got peoples’ attention when one of their crew members passed through a badminton racket. And at exactly half past three, what spectators were waiting for came to pass.

The Indomitable Lions in white tops and red shots entered the field for a warm up. People started whispering because they could not believe the players they always see on TV the likes of Alexander Song of Arsenal were right in front of their eyes jogging. When mighty Eto’o also started running spectators could not hold their excitement they had to praise him regardless on which side of the coin he belonged to. :lol: :lol: :lol:
One of the spectators Juma Said said we are like in England watching a live game because Geremi Njitap of Newcastle and Song are all here. Another fan said it is like we are in Nou Camp because Eto’o that people go to watch every weekend is here with us. Cameroon’s skipper Song started intimidating our own instead of warming up, he was dancing Ndombolo. :lol: :lol: :lol: at Magnan dancing Ndombollo

Ten minutes later after Cameroon were on the pitch, the pride of the country - Taifa Stars - came out of their dressing room and the whole stadium was on its feet clapping for the tiny but up to challenge boys. They did their warm ups and later went back to the dressing room to change for the match.

As fans were still waiting for the teams to come out of the dressing room, they were fascinated when they realised instead of police trying to keep law and order they were also anxiously waiting for the players. Unlike in Europe especially England where policemen always face fans to curb any wrongdoing it was a total contrast to our policemen. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Chei even Nyeh them too no be fit believe the superstars they were seeing live.
They even asked to see the starting lineup because they are familiar with all the players. The teams were out, national anthems sung and a minute of silence was observed in respect of Tanzania football legend Maulidi Dilunga. However, during this period many people failed to realize what was going on because they continued making noise.

The game kicked off on a low and Cameroonians were playing as if they had already secured victory. However, whenever Stars’ players got hold of the ball every one was on their feet cheering the players while they always booed the Cameroonians.

In the second half when the players realized President Jakaya Kikwete was among the fans their spirits reinvigorated. They came out as a different side and their draw against Africa’s best team in Fifa ranking restored the belief and love among the fans. The Coach Marcio Maximo who had turned into a villain recently was now the hero as people sang his name.

Maximo said this is the beginning of football in Tanzania, the way fans have supported the club it is like way back at home in Brazil. The giants (Cameroon) came on Tuesday, they saw and we expected them to conquer but they will live to remember this day when the nobody made their country proud until Saturday for a return leg.
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009
bonecrusher
Egg
Egg

Post by bonecrusher »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Damn and some people go dey take their players for granted.See how dem worship cameroon past Jesus christ sef lol.Police say eff it,make we see dem too,lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by omey2k4 on Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

omey2k4 wrote:Damn and some peopel go dey take their players for granted.So how dem worship cameroon past Jesus christ sef lol.Police as eff it,make we see dem too,lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old boy I don laff tire, especially the part about Police them. Damn.

At least Eto'o put smile for some pikin yi face. Nice gesture. i guess the kid now is a celebrity in his town.

"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

notorious bi.....G

Post by notorious bi.....G »

omey2k4 wrote:Damn and some peopel go dey take their players for granted.So how dem worship cameroon past Jesus christ sef lol.Police as eff it,make we see dem too,lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
why, oh why???? :cry: :cry:
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Rogermilla wrote:
Old boy I don laff tire, especially the part about Police them. Damn.

At least Eto'o put smile for some pikin yi face. Nice gesture. i guess the kid now is a celebrity in his town.

:lol: :lol: Gave him his shoes too? :lol: :lol:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Kai Gabon don convert TFCO into Cameroun fan oh. :shock:
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

metalalloy wrote:Image

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ghost
Egg
Egg

Post by Ghost »

Great read. I enjoyed this.
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P

Post by 2drama »

metalalloy wrote:Image

:rotf: :rotf: ouch that was funny
http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_national_football_team
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P

Post by 2drama »

can you imagine Nigerians when that premiership match is going to be played in ABJ
http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_national_football_team
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Similar situation happen a few years ago when JJ led the SE to Zimbabwe.

The Zimbabweans were so star struck that a Zimbabwean commentator got sacked for incessantly shrining JJ during the mathc broadcast rather than reporting on the whole match.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

I have to ask. When do African Police focus on the fans unless there's unrest in the stands?
Until trouble brews, they are all spectators.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

notorious bi.....G wrote:
why, oh why???? :cry: :cry:
The guy is probably dyslexic. Haba :twisted: Must you laugh at someone's disability? :twisted:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051