Okosieme.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Al B Sure
Egg
Egg
Okosieme.

Post by Al B Sure »

Hello all,
I know everyone is looking forward to the ANC, and all most guys really want to hear about at the moment is the ANC. I just wonder if anyone out there can help me out on when Ndubuisi Okosieme made his debut fot the Eagles, and the last time he actually played for the super eagles.
Thanks in advance guys.
ofilis
Egg
Egg

Post by ofilis »

He was a mesmerizing right winger. Thats all i can say. :D :D :D
http://www.thetimesofnigeria.com

The Times of Nigeria.
Breaking the news as it happens!
ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

I cant say for now when Okosieme made his SE debut, but i know for sure the last time he played was at the ANC in Morocco in 1988
Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

Yeah I know he was in the Flying eagles of !985 (in Moscow) i can quite remember the year he played last for the Eagles.
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

Cyrill Okosieme To Ndubuisi Okosieme to Nkiru Okosieme,Football genes.
who no know go know.
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

Al B Sure,

Mystic, EnuguII will help you out.
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

I believe Ndubuisi Okosieme made his debut for SE in 1986/1987 in rebuiliding process of SE that came right after the late Chris Udemezue and Patrick Ekeji failed to qualify SE for the 1986 ANC and the Mexico 86 WC.

Rebuilding process, which was supervised by coaches Paul Hamilton and Ganiyu Salami, brought several members of the 1985 Under-21 squad (of which Ndubuisi was a member) and Chile 87 squad into the new Eagles family. If my memory served me right, some of the Maroc 88 qualifying matches were played by Waheed Akani, Ndubuisi Okosieme Andrew Uwe, Monday Odiaka, Osaro Obabaifo, Adeolu Adekola, Nosa Osadolor and et.al. These new Eagles were nicely mixed with Yisa Sofoluwe, Ademola Adeshina, Rasheed Yekini, Friday Ekpo and couple of players from Leventis United, Abiola Babes, Flash Flamigoes [sp], & New Nigerian Bank.
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

DOB== Sept 28 1966

Position=== midfielder

CLUBS===Flash Famingoes, Elkanemi Warriors.

CAPS ==6(2Goals)

DEDUT=== October 17 1987 vs Zambia

I think the last time he played for Nigeria was 1988 Nations cup.

I met him in London in 1994/95, he complained to me of his Knee injury which i think must have kept him out of the game completely.
Last edited by Sir V on Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

Thanks sir V.
who no know go know.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

I think he is in the stetes.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Ndubuisi Okosieme is based in Nigeria right now.. He was part of the U-20 Flying Eagles team that went to Moscow'85 and came back a with a Bronze medal after a stellar performance in Moscow. Made his national team debut for the SE around the time Pat Ekeji was in charge of the SE after SE was in total shambles during the mid 80's... Played in the qualifiers in the run up to Maroc'88 and had a great tournament scoring the third goal against Kenya in our opening match in Maroc'88 and he also gave a memorable performance in the final against Cameroun especially in the second half where he took every Camerounian defenders apart one-by-one after missing a sitter just before half time. Whoever remembered that moment will know what i mean. He was also switching the right wing position with Wole Odegbami in Maroc'88 which was a tactical move by coaches Paul Hamilton and Manfred Hoener to confuse the opponents and bring more speed and bite to the attack coming from the wings. During his time he was one of the best deadly dribblers back then 5 times better than JJ.... :wink:

He was a complete player with tactical ability to beat his man one on one and make precise passes to the forwards waiting in the box...

He played in the Olympic qualifiers to Seoul'88 and scored a goal against Zimbabwe in Lagos. He was in the Seoul'88 squad which was his last stint with the SE.....
Last edited by MI5 on Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:01 am, edited 4 times in total.
Soldier of Fortune...
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

moscow '85?
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Yes Toxic, He came on during the time when SE was going through a deep transition in the mid 80's. The late Chris Udemeuze coached the SE during the qualifiers to Mexico'86 and after Tunisia knocked us out Chris Udemeuze was drafted back into the Flying Eagles to take over the team and prepare them for Chile'87. Pat Ekeji was briefly in charge of the team that played in the qualifiers for Cairo'86 which Zambia knocked us out in the end... It was after that Paul Hamilton took over the SE team and guided the team to excellent results over the years..

Hmm some of this players you mentioned all played for the SE during those times and especially the late Osaro Obabaifo and his mates from the Moscow'85 team were drafted into the SE immediately they came back from Moscow... Adeolu Adekola you will remember was still at UNILAG then he was more active in the qualifiers to Algiers'90... But some of the Chile'87 played did go to Maroc'88 as part of the 22 man squad. Players like Peter Nikitien, Thompson Oliha and others were in Maroc'88 as reserves...

Toxicarrow wrote:I believe Ndubuisi Okosieme made his debut for SE in 1986/1987 in rebuiliding process of SE that came right after the late Chris Udemezue and Patrick Ekeji failed to qualify SE for the 1986 ANC and the Mexico 86 WC.

Rebuilding process, which was supervised by coaches Paul Hamilton and Ganiyu Salami, brought several members of the 1985 Under-21 squad (of which Ndubuisi was a member) and Chile 87 squad into the new Eagles family. If my memory served me right, some of the Maroc 88 qualifying matches were played by Waheed Akani, Ndubuisi Okosieme Andrew Uwe, Monday Odiaka, Osaro Obabaifo, Adeolu Adekola, Nosa Osadolor and et.al. These new Eagles were nicely mixed with Yisa Sofoluwe, Ademola Adeshina, Rasheed Yekini, Friday Ekpo and couple of players from Leventis United, Abiola Babes, Flash Flamigoes [sp], & New Nigerian Bank.
Last edited by MI5 on Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Soldier of Fortune...
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Yes Sir V,

He played in Moscow'85, Maroc'88 and Seoul'88 for Nigeria....

Sir V wrote:moscow '85?
Last edited by MI5 on Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Soldier of Fortune...
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

FIFA WORLD YOUTH CHAMPIONSHIP USSR '85

Squad

Name

AGWU Alloy
EKEH Godwin
ONYE Kingsley
WAIDI Akanni
UWE Andrew
ODU Michael
DOMINIC Michael
IGBINABARO Augustine
ODIAKA Monday
OSARO Obabaifo
ANUNOBI Mark
OKOSIEME Ndubuisi
SIA-SIA Samson
MBA Titus
ADELEYE Niyi
IPAYE Wasiu- Apala King
OBI Christian

Team P W D L GF:GA PTS.

USSR 3 2 1 0 7:1 5
Nigeria 3 2 0 1 6:4 4
Australia 3 0 2 1 2:3 2
Canada 3 0 1 2 0:7 1

24-08-85 Minsk 19:00 Nigeria vs. Canada 2:0 (1:0)
26-08-85 Minsk 19:00 USSR vs. Nigeria 2:1 (2:0)
29-08-85 Minsk 19:00 Australia vs. Nigeria 2:3 (2:0)

QUARTERFINALS

01-09-85 Bakou 17:00 Mexico vs. Nigeria 1:2 (0:2)

SEMIFINALS

04-09-85 Leningrad 18:00 Brazil vs. Nigeria 2:0 (2:0)

THIRD PLACE

07-09-85 Moscow 13:00 USSR vs. Nigeria 0:0 a.e.t.
1:3 penalty kicks

Soldier of Fortune...
Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

I guess enough said@ M15 thanks a lot bro. ;)
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

My pleasure always.... Thanks..

Al B Sure wrote:I guess enough said@ M15 thanks a lot bro. ;)
Soldier of Fortune...