Not one Nigerian coach made the trip to Euro 2004

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Ayo, this is classic... you always find a way to best yourself... we have serious WC qualifiers in Africa and you're concerned about some tournament in Europe? Bullsheit! ... Our games against the likes of Angola & Algeria are 100% times more important at this time than watching some overhyped Euro games or attending some boring lecture in Portugal... simply put: this ain't the time for that bullsheit. To the contrary: C3 better be watching game film of our recent games with Angola + Angola's recent games including but not limited to their 0-0 draw in Algiers... Euro'04 my foot.
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by KingLoku »

AYO MU GUY NO DEY WASTE YA TIME TO EDUCATE MALLAMS WAN NO SEE THE TRUTH IN YA YARNINGS ATLEAST SHABI WE DEY GO WORLD CUP BY THE GRACE OF GOD ,,NFA SUPPOSE SEND SOME GOOD PERSONS THERE TO GO NETWORK , IF NOT COACHES , I UNDERSTAND U JARE AYO
No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)
mister dolly
Re: Not one Nigerian coach made the trip to Euro 2004

Post by mister dolly »

Larry Ashagbe wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:I think it is very important that forumers are made aware of the fact that no Nigerian coach has deemed it necessary to go to Euro 2004. I remember having this discussion with Ogunjobi in London during the Unity Cup, when he said, he would have liked one or two of the NFA's coiaches to come and ask if they can go to watch the tournament.

As most of you are aware, a lot of European club coaches are in Portugal, not just looking at players but also looking for how to improve their knowledge of the game. Apart from the matches, there are also a lot of seminars, lectures, clinics and symposia taking place, as is usually the case at such toutrnaments.

I can understand the Eaglwes coaches for instance not being able to go now because the Angola game is at hand but I would imagine that the likes of Chukwu, Eguoavon and Adisa would have put in a request to go later on before the Algeria game. No local team coach has signified any interest in going either.

As has been debated here many times in the past, the bottom line is that - to use a Nigerian phrase - Our local coaches are nor serious. They have shown no desire to improve themselves whatsoever and do not give a damn about becoming better.

Just look at CE. We have all sorts of prefessionals here, including doctors, teachers, engineers, architects, accountants, lawyers, journalists, nurses, etc. A lot of you went into diaspora with next to nothing and had to slave your way to where you are today.

To their eternal credit, the likes of Toxicarrow, Suya, Gotti, CIC, Yujam etc, did all kinds of menial jobs including night soil man, grave digger, hot dog sales man, public lavatory assiatant and brothel manager just to pay their way through university. The arrived in the West with one plastic bag but became successful professionals by working hard.

When these guys left the shores of West Africam, they were a lot worse off than Nigerian coaches today. Yet because they were so hell bent on working their way to success, they did what they had to in search of their goals. If the NFA pays to sponsor coaches to Euro 2004, fine but if not, they should be able to find their own way there.

Nigerian professionals in every other walk of life do it, so why should our coaches be exempt? There is dignity in labour! I am sure that if these guys wrote to the Portugues FA saying they would be prepared to come and sweep the stadium everyday just to get to attend the matches and seminars, they would probably get an audience.
You are quick to critisise.

Who is going to pay for these trips? FUNDING, FUNDING, FUNDING.

Even if CCC was not preparing to play against Angola and Algeria during Euro 2004, he WOULD NOT HAVE GOT FUNDING let alone local coaches.

When you secure funding for these coaches, please let us know.
Larry for your information, at the recently concluded Izora summit in downtown Maryland, CCC's chief meiguard Ezesportsworld declared that Chukwu is one of the richest guys in Nigeria today..never mind the fact that he was swigging from a bottle of Heineken at the time.. :P

Therefore CCC should employ all those dollars he collected at the ANC to good use, and take a trip to Portugal..Hopefully he might enjoy it so much he would decide to stay... :P

Seriously though when I asked Eze when last CCC took any coaching course, all I got was a mumbled answer as to some NIS course in Nigeria...of course Gotti will regale us with how he got a coaching license from Brazil two centuries ago.. :P

...oops I just broke a promise to Eze that I won't bash CCC till after the Angola game.. win or lose..God knows what he slipped in my water to make me promise such..:P
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

mister dolly wrote: ...oops I just broke a promise to Eze that I won't bash CCC till after the Angola game.. win or lose..God knows what he slipped in my water to make me promise such..:P
Sisisimycin!!!

Antidote: Rewatch Nigeria vs Morocco.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

mister dolly, any sane and objective Nigerian cannot go more than 5 hours without bashing CCC :mrgreen:.
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

mister dolly wrote:Seriously though when I asked Eze when last CCC took any coaching course, all I got was a mumbled answer as to some NIS course in Nigeria...of course Gotti will regale us with how he got a coaching license from Brazil two centuries ago.. :P
MD:
YYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAWWWWNNNNN :o

Sorry, but after falling asleep several times during some of these Euro 2004 games, I would rather have a coaching license from Brazil two centuries ago! :P
legend
Egg
Egg

Post by legend »

Seriously though when I asked Eze when last CCC took any coaching course, all I got was a mumbled answer as to some NIS course in Nigeria...of course Gotti will regale us with how he got a coaching license from Brazil two centuries ago..

coaching courses?
:lol: yeah, they need to study CCC tactics and team organisation in every coaching course. :mrgreen:
Apart from my usual Amodu rantings all in all. He has done very well and the laurels and records speak for itself - MI5

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=157957
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Nice one Ayo and well said. Since we don't have any coaches anyway and the ones we have are only caretakers with an inept FA what do you expect? You make good points on this issue and this should have been the work of the NFA's technical department along with CAF to setup some kind of joint venture to see what benefits can be learned from EURO2004. This is where the CAF/UEFA Meridian project comes in but since we never made use of it why should i be surprised. Right now i know the likes of Hayatou and Co are all in Portugal now as invited guests of UEFA since all confederations in world futbol are invited to this kind of tourneys, but ask them after the tournament what did they learn and you'll get ZERO response. This should have been coordinated with CAF and all the technical departments within different FA's in Africa who are in interested since benefits and gains can be made by attending all this seminars, symposiums, workshops, disccussions, open forums and many more. But hey knowing my people who will brag and talk about their achievements on paper but will never roll up their sleeves to get anything done why are you surprised.

I know coaches like Arrigo Sacchi, Phillip Trousier, Henri Michel and others have all attended different ANC's in the past. I know during the ANC, UEFA has an agreement with CAF to setup some kind of a referee exchange program where few referees from Europe are sent to officiate matches during the ANC but i don't see CAF initiate that kind of exchange setup in return for this EURO 2004.

There are benefits and gains to be made from this tournaments because the exposure at this level with different teams, preparing for big matches, be part of a coaches forum to discuss world futbol and how each team plays, be around the teams and see how their preparations goes, observe from up close how different countries are using different formations, strategies, tactics to outwit their opponents and many more to me that is priceless.

While the WCQ's is going on right now in Africa and the usual excuse is the coaches are preparing for the game against Angola hmm preparation indeed when they don't even know which players are going to show up :lol: and with the yeye league currently in session you will always hear the usual sorry excuses from people who will continue to hail mediocrity at all levels.

For as long as you get responses like this do not be shocked it is the NIGERIAN way.

It's all about being PROACTIVE which is unfortunately lacking in Naija as a whole....Sad but true... :cry: :cry:

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I think it is very important that forumers are made aware of the fact that no Nigerian coach has deemed it necessary to go to Euro 2004. I remember having this discussion with Ogunjobi in London during the Unity Cup, when he said, he would have liked one or two of the NFA's coiaches to come and ask if they can go to watch the tournament.

As most of you are aware, a lot of European club coaches are in Portugal, not just looking at players but also looking for how to improve their knowledge of the game. Apart from the matches, there are also a lot of seminars, lectures, clinics and symposia taking place, as is usually the case at such toutrnaments.

I can understand the Eaglwes coaches for instance not being able to go now because the Angola game is at hand but I would imagine that the likes of Chukwu, Eguoavon and Adisa would have put in a request to go later on before the Algeria game. No local team coach has signified any interest in going either.

As has been debated here many times in the past, the bottom line is that - to use a Nigerian phrase - Our local coaches are nor serious. They have shown no desire to improve themselves whatsoever and do not give a damn about becoming better.

Just look at CE. We have all sorts of prefessionals here, including doctors, teachers, engineers, architects, accountants, lawyers, journalists, nurses, etc. A lot of you went into diaspora with next to nothing and had to slave your way to where you are today.

To their eternal credit, the likes of Toxicarrow, Suya, Gotti, CIC, Yujam etc, did all kinds of menial jobs including night soil man, grave digger, hot dog sales man, public lavatory assiatant and brothel manager just to pay their way through university. The arrived in the West with one plastic bag but became successful professionals by working hard.

When these guys left the shores of West Africam, they were a lot worse off than Nigerian coaches today. Yet because they were so hell bent on working their way to success, they did what they had to in search of their goals. If the NFA pays to sponsor coaches to Euro 2004, fine but if not, they should be able to find their own way there.

Nigerian professionals in every other walk of life do it, so why should our coaches be exempt? There is dignity in labour! I am sure that if these guys wrote to the Portugues FA saying they would be prepared to come and sweep the stadium everyday just to get to attend the matches and seminars, they would probably get an audience.
Soldier of Fortune...
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

A lot of you epitomise the "I don't want to learn" mentality that pervades many facets of Nigerian life. What kind of imbecile says there are no benefits to be gained from the world's largest continental championship?

There are too many idiots on this forum for my liking. It really does make your mind boggle and question whether there really is any hope for Nigeria.

Like a lot of you, I have had to sponsor myselof on courses over the years. If the NFA has a programme to sponsor coaches to Euro 2004, that would be great but if it doesn't, there is still no excuse foir them wanting to better themselves.

Had Gotti been waiting on the Nigerian government to train him up to a lawyer or Suya waiting for Abia State government to send him to media school, they would both still be selling spare parts in Aba today. The fact of the matter is that they got off their arses and through sheer hard work and sacrifice, got themselves to where they are today.

Nigerian coaches are waiting to be spoonfed. I remember someone saying a while ago that Indirect Rule is what created this dependency on the government for everything and Nigerians have never got over it.

What I find shocking and appauling beyond belief is that so-called educated people on this forum can actually come here and dismiss the need for education and training. Some of you disgust me to the point whereby I begin to doubt whether there is any point in the continued existence of mankind.

I mean look at Larry talking about funds. He wants to see dollars stacked high on the table before we talk about training up our coaches. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.
legend
Egg
Egg

Post by legend »

Like a lot of you, I have had to sponsor myselof on courses over the years. If the NFA has a programme to sponsor coaches to Euro 2004, that would be great but if it doesn't, there is still no excuse foir them wanting to better themselves.

What a massive waste of money :lol: Your reasoning on EVERY issue shows that the money would have done a world of good , if you simply took it to 'western union'.
Apart from my usual Amodu rantings all in all. He has done very well and the laurels and records speak for itself - MI5

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=157957
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

I am also tempted to believe that its more of a personal axe wigth AA that elicited lot of this responses. come to think of it whats the arm if they go especially for those lectures and seminars or are you telling me that one will be aired on TV too?
meanwhile my brother, if you say:
A) I am sure AA is aware of web-based training. Do you travel everytime your company requires you to be brought up to speed at work. I am on my LT as we speak and I can even take my web-based training from home when not @ work (thru extra-net access). In the sphere of what you were intimating us with, watching the games on tv (low tech "web based training") would be more than sufficient for the coaches, if they have the ability to learn. The fact that you are physically present somewhere does not mean that you necessarily learn anything as you yourself have shown with your uninformed and highly ignorant positions.
How many of our local coaches knows what pcs are not to talk of Internet access or laptop or webconferences etc
tribalfootball.com
Egg
Egg

Post by tribalfootball.com »

What would the Nigerian coaches learn from their trip to portugal?.

European Coaches are busy planning ahead of crucial matches and you want a Nigerian coach to go and disturb him for coaching lessons.

It is better you send a Nigerian coach to Europe for a coaching course attached to a Great club for exposure and experience.

Regards
Jesus loves u
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

realtrouble wrote:
To their eternal credit, the likes of Toxicarrow, Suya, Gotti, CIC, Yujam etc, did all kinds of menial jobs including night soil man, grave digger, hot dog sales man, public lavatory assiatant and brothel manager just to pay their way through university.
:mrgreen: :D :D Ayo you no go kill man

Ayo

I beg who be Brothel Manager for that list my guess na Yujam.

CIC, night soil man alias Manager.

Gotti , Hot dog sales man

Suya , Public lavatory consultant

Toxicarrow, Grave digger

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:lol: My own na human waste disposal facilitator.
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

It's being an interesting read so far. First, let us try and focus on the issue and leave people out. It's CIVIL!!!.

The issue - the point is genuine. The need to be trained, retrained, untrained and retrained cannot be overemphasized. To cap it up, the opportunity to network is great. But having said that, the use of internet technology has suggested can be explored next time. The issue of funds too cannot be pushed aside, one writers comment about a UEFA/CAF alliance is a good one to pursue. As to timing, yes SE coaches may be busy now, but what about other upcoming coaches like U-20 Samson SiaSia, the guy will definitely learn a lot.

So all well said, next time, I think NFA should be thinking along utilising (to D max) other such opportunities like EURO 2004.

Also as individuals, let us not be learning averse. Neither should we be interested in the cheapest options, my people says - Obe to dun Owo Lo Pa! So please let's encourage learning and networking. We'll only be a better person. I mean $475 return Iberia ticket to Madrid from Lagos plus an additional $525 expenses bill will not kill Siasia, NFA, Laloko or CCC.

Lastly, AA and the other guy should please forgive one another and stop washing ............linens in public. I beg you all in Jesus name, abeg let us forgive and forget. I love you guys both. PLEASE EH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GG of G
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

GG of G wrote:It's being an interesting read so far. First, let us try and focus on the issue and leave people out. It's CIVIL!!!.

The issue - the point is genuine. The need to be trained, retrained, untrained and retrained cannot be overemphasized. To cap it up, the opportunity to network is great. But having said that, the use of internet technology has suggested can be explored next time. The issue of funds too cannot be pushed aside, one writers comment about a UEFA/CAF alliance is a good one to pursue. As to timing, yes SE coaches may be busy now, but what about other upcoming coaches like U-20 Samson SiaSia, the guy will definitely learn a lot.

So all well said, next time, I think NFA should be thinking along utilising (to D max) other such opportunities like EURO 2004.

Also as individuals, let us not be learning averse. Neither should we be interested in the cheapest options, my people says - Obe to dun Owo Lo Pa! So please let's encourage learning and networking. We'll only be a better person. I mean $475 return Iberia ticket to Madrid from Lagos plus an additional $525 expenses bill will not kill Siasia, NFA, Laloko or CCC.

Lastly, AA and the other guy should please forgive one another and stop washing ............linens in public. I beg you all in Jesus name, abeg let us forgive and forget. I love you guys both. PLEASE EH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GG of G
You are one of the voices of reason on this forum but some of our people just make you want to commit suicide with their idiocy. Just reading what they write wants to make you believe that Nigeria is a basket case and we might as well all be wiped out like Sodom and Gomorrah.

These are supposed to be Nigeria's elite and they dismiss the need for training as if it is replacable. As to those nincompoops making silly noises about funding, I challenge them to cost the programme and then come back and tell me if it is too epensive.

The logic of their incoherent argument is that Nigeria should not have a health or education policy simply because she does not have the funds available to prosecute it right now. We should abandon all these plans for high speed rail networks and metro lines because the cash is not there on the table. Damn imbeciles!

One of the first things you are taught at management school when preparing to propose a suggestion is:

(1) Come up with the idea
(2) Cost the project
(3) Come up with means of funding it.

Anyone who cannot come up with how to raise a maximum of $2,000 for this project, has no business being a mamber of the homo sapiens specie.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

legend wrote: coaching courses?
:lol: yeah, they need to study CCC tactics and team organisation in every coaching course. :mrgreen:
Yes, under the slide that reads "1001 Ways Not to Do Things". :lol:
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
Akamoke

Post by Akamoke »

Ayo,

I watched a Cosby show once where Bill Cosby said to his daughter (who wanted to marry a Garbage collector) that, the she (the daughter) served a good dish on a Garbage can, in her attempt to try to sell her Garbage collector fiancee to her parents

When you go about making assumptions like Nigerian coaches don't want to learn (it may be true for some, but not all exhibit this trait) and the fact that you insult those who don't agree with you, you would have wasted valuable time that could have been used in correcting the ills of our country on having to defend yourself and counter arguements which will leave all of us at the negotiation table empty handed.

Your reputation of always being right and never admiting fault is costing you valuable points and most people are not reacting to your suggestions (believe me), they are reacting to the manner of the suggestion. It would have been far easier to suggest as you without making assumptions and putting a cynical spin to it, try that and see how many people will agree with you.

You are quick to let us know that some people here are an epitomy of what goes on in Nigeria, don't take it the wrong way, but I don't see you any different, in fact you remind me of people who like to force opinions on others and if not a circus breaks out, check out the house of assembly in Abuja at times...

Anyway,
I agree with what you are saying but your delivery is very poor, in order to win an audience, sometimes you have to break it down into neat components. I see no reason why some of our coaches will not benefit from the networking and the courses available, there are only positive things that can come out of this, and I believe this is the angle you are looking at it from. The games at times in Europe can be boring, but there is nothing wrong in getting an idea of how European coaches approach the game and use this to complement our African mentality..its called the Hybrid effect
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Ayo's point is well taken but the timing is poor IMHO. We have African world cup qualiers this weekend and we're talking about sending Chukwu to Europe to watch some European ball games now? Absolutely irrelevant with respect to his priorities at hand, if you ask me. If the man was not busy and the Euro'04 was going on, you may take him to task for not considering a live visit to the games... but to down a man that has a task 100 times more important than the Euro games is ludicrous. He has Angola, Algeria, & Gabon to worry about... not England, France, & Holland... cause you see, we don't get to play those Euro cats if we can't get past Angola, Gabon, & Rwanda... It's called priority management 101. 8)
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:A lot of you epitomise the "I don't want to learn" mentality that pervades many facets of Nigerian life. What kind of imbecile says there are no benefits to be gained from the world's largest continental championship?

There are too many idiots on this forum for my liking. It really does make your mind boggle and question whether there really is any hope for Nigeria...
Why can't you make a point without insulting people? Yet you claim superior intellect? Why smudge a good point by spewing vituperation at anyone that disagrees with your point?

I personally don't think it will serve any purpose sending our immediate coaching staff (CCC, Equaveon, and Adisa) to Portugal when we have a tough WC encounter at the end of the week.

I remember when you castigated CCC for scouting our next opponent and leaving Eguaveon in charge of the team.

However, I believe that the younger coaches with the ambition to coach any of the National teams should have used this opportunity to try and better themselves... but first, they have to see some value in trying to better themselves... which as things stand in Nigeria does not count for much... (check out our present coaches).

I totally agree in the need to better oneself through learning... (you can either learn how to or how not to do things...)

Will CCC learn something?.. definitely! I would think he still has a chance to be in Portugal to catch the rest of the Tourney, get a chance to hobnob with his "colleagues"... make new contacts, reacquaint himself with old contacts, talk to some of the coaches of his wards (who might be there), generally have a chance to make a personal connection with the people he might have to come back some day asking for a favor (in terms of player release, etc)... The value of going to such International events can not be over emphasized...but he (CCC) has to show the ambition of wanting more for himself other than being a caretaker…

The greatest handicap afflicting local coaches is their lack of ambition... hey, why have ambition when you can be appointed a coach without any tangible qualification...or demonstration of having an ambition to become one.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Akamoke

Post by Akamoke »

green4life wrote:Ayo's point is well taken but the timing is poor IMHO. We have African world cup qualiers this weekend and we're talking about sending Chukwu to Europe to watch some European ball games now? Absolutely irrelevant with respect to his priorities at hand, if you ask me. If the man was not busy and the Euro'04 was going on, you may take him to task for not considering a live visit to the games... but to down a man that has a task 100 times more important than the Euro games is ludicrous. He has Angola, Algeria, & Gabon to worry about... not England, France, & Holland... cause you see, we don't get to play those Euro cats if we can't get past Angola, Gabon, & Rwanda... It's called priority management 101. 8)
To his credit, Ayo acknowledged that the ANC is going on now and that CCC can go after the Angola game since our next game is after the conclusion of the tournament in Portugal
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

Good, we are now back to the issue! :)
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Its very obvious that AA arouses a lot of negat5ivity in people. This has to be something about the reputation he has fostered over the years on this board.
But people ideally should be able to seperate the message from the messenger.

For AA, all I will say is that its not only about what you say, but also how you say it (See 'Cellular's last post).
And in your particular case, who is saying it.

Y'know whad 'am sayin'? 8)
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Dog Bruno
Egg
Egg

Post by Dog Bruno »

There is quite a sh!tload to learn from The EU 2004.

http://www.om3ega.com/album/funny/ditne ... aining.mpg

Juventus no vex.
You are Your Own Dog