Not one Nigerian coach made the trip to Euro 2004

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Not one Nigerian coach made the trip to Euro 2004

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I think it is very important that forumers are made aware of the fact that no Nigerian coach has deemed it necessary to go to Euro 2004. I remember having this discussion with Ogunjobi in London during the Unity Cup, when he said, he would have liked one or two of the NFA's coiaches to come and ask if they can go to watch the tournament.

As most of you are aware, a lot of European club coaches are in Portugal, not just looking at players but also looking for how to improve their knowledge of the game. Apart from the matches, there are also a lot of seminars, lectures, clinics and symposia taking place, as is usually the case at such toutrnaments.

I can understand the Eaglwes coaches for instance not being able to go now because the Angola game is at hand but I would imagine that the likes of Chukwu, Eguoavon and Adisa would have put in a request to go later on before the Algeria game. No local team coach has signified any interest in going either.

As has been debated here many times in the past, the bottom line is that - to use a Nigerian phrase - Our local coaches are nor serious. They have shown no desire to improve themselves whatsoever and do not give a damn about becoming better.

Just look at CE. We have all sorts of prefessionals here, including doctors, teachers, engineers, architects, accountants, lawyers, journalists, nurses, etc. A lot of you went into diaspora with next to nothing and had to slave your way to where you are today.

To their eternal credit, the likes of Toxicarrow, Suya, Gotti, CIC, Yujam etc, did all kinds of menial jobs including night soil man, grave digger, hot dog sales man, public lavatory assiatant and brothel manager just to pay their way through university. The arrived in the West with one plastic bag but became successful professionals by working hard.

When these guys left the shores of West Africam, they were a lot worse off than Nigerian coaches today. Yet because they were so hell bent on working their way to success, they did what they had to in search of their goals. If the NFA pays to sponsor coaches to Euro 2004, fine but if not, they should be able to find their own way there.

Nigerian professionals in every other walk of life do it, so why should our coaches be exempt? There is dignity in labour! I am sure that if these guys wrote to the Portugues FA saying they would be prepared to come and sweep the stadium everyday just to get to attend the matches and seminars, they would probably get an audience.
mblack76
Egg
Egg

Post by mblack76 »

Would be a waste of limited resources in my opinion.
“I can play with people’s emotions when I want to make an impact. It’s one way to get the best out of people.” Jose Mourinho (March 08, 2005)
"Again Mblack, I have no beef with you as I actually respect you a lot." SAwosika (May 14, 2005)
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

mkizito76 wrote:Would be a waste of limited resources in my opinion.
Training yourself up is a waste of limited resources?
somebody
Egg
Egg

Post by somebody »

Mk,
I feel u on that one? Na waste of time.

Ayo what exactly will they learn and how?
Why do we struggle to live when we are still going to die anyway?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

somebody wrote:Mk,

Don't you go on training courses in the course of your work?
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
somebody wrote:Mk,

Don't you go on training courses in the course of your work?
So they have to be physically present in Portugal to learn something. They can't learn by watching TV like the rest of us or is there a training course going on in Portugal as we speak? :? :?:
yaro maiwayo
Egg
Egg

Post by yaro maiwayo »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
you should not go there, cos he just made his opinion known,and that is what you want by starting this thread, cos every thread has peeps opinion in it, so if u do not what people to to say what they feel about a topic, THEN DO NOT POST :!:
hey hey hey
smoke weed everyday
take a stack a day
to keep the doctor away
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

yaro maiwayo wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
you should not go there, cos he just made his opinion known,and that is what you want by starting this thread, cos every thread has peeps opinion in it, so if u do not what people to to say what they feel about a topic, THEN DO NOT POST :!:
Have you remembered to take your medication today young man?
yaro maiwayo
Egg
Egg

Post by yaro maiwayo »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
u don't know if i am a 20 year old guy, or a 25 year old female,or a 17 year old guy, or even a 35 year old hemaphrodyte, you do not know JACK bout me, look at you saying i should take medication, when someone expresses his opinion, you curse him, i give u advice, u say medication....................... u really need help, and i am serious
hey hey hey
smoke weed everyday
take a stack a day
to keep the doctor away
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

How many of the European national coaches came to the ANC? It would have been nice if one or two of our coaches made it, but I am not sweating this one. Additionally, even if they go, some people will say it's a waste of money and accuse the NFA of setting it up just to collect some estacode.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
ivanuche
Egg
Egg

Post by ivanuche »

Why all the heat?i absolutely support Ayo's idea,it would have served as a very detailed refresher course cum research opportunity for IC's. Ayo nice one.You can only give what you have inside and what you have inside is what u put in.If nothing dey for ya head, naim be sey u put nothing inside and go bring nothing out :D Seriously modern football is super dynamic and our local coaches need to use every available opportunity to upgrade their knowledge, so as to keep abreast IMO.
They used to say Muhammad Ali could float like a butterfly and sting like a bee. Arsenal swim with the grace of a dolphin — and bite like a shark. The GREAT Brian Clough. viewtopic.php?t=18273

If you're having girl problems i feel sorry for u son,i gat 99 problems but da *Nice Lady* aint one !

http://www.brazzil.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7162 BLACK BEAUTIES !
http://www.ypforum.org/nigeria2002
SSTAR
Egg
Egg

Post by SSTAR »

Naija fan inquired about how many Euro coaches attended ANC2004, and there was not response. If there is no need for Euro coaches to attend the ANC, same should be applicable to African IC coaches attending Euro2004 .
I do not believe we need to get unreasonable on the issue, as there is not much to learn that cannot be sifted through watching the matches on TV.
As an aside, did any one note that Brazil's World Cup winning coach could not help his team of stars today against a Greek team many herein, myself included, underated. Again this informs that coaching is a subjective profession, no matter the talent on the team.
The meek shall inherit the earth, but they will not hold the mineral rights!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Ayo Akinfe, which European coach when to ANC 04?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Otuoma Wuon Ogolo
Egg
Egg

Post by Otuoma Wuon Ogolo »

A trip to Euro-04 by any member of the coaching staff would be a waste of Nigeria's resources. That money can be used for future planning.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the boisterous sea of liberty."
Thomas Jefferson
duduninja
Egg
Egg

Post by duduninja »

Hmm... A very interesting topic...

I have to side with whoever believes it is a waste of resources. Observing the European tacticts is really not going to do any of the coaches any good. This is where stuff like an actual coaching course comes into play. In terms of just going to 'observe', it will be a waste
Obinna
Egg
Egg
Re: Not one Nigerian coach made the trip to Euro 2004

Post by Obinna »

AYO- PLEASE KEEP UR MOUTH SHUT.. UR RANTING IS GETTING ANNOYING :evil: :evil:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:I think it is very important that forumers are made aware of the fact that no Nigerian coach has deemed it necessary to go to Euro 2004. I remember having this discussion with Ogunjobi in London during the Unity Cup, when he said, he would have liked one or two of the NFA's coiaches to come and ask if they can go to watch the tournament.

As most of you are aware, a lot of European club coaches are in Portugal, not just looking at players but also looking for how to improve their knowledge of the game. Apart from the matches, there are also a lot of seminars, lectures, clinics and symposia taking place, as is usually the case at such toutrnaments.

I can understand the Eaglwes coaches for instance not being able to go now because the Angola game is at hand but I would imagine that the likes of Chukwu, Eguoavon and Adisa would have put in a request to go later on before the Algeria game. No local team coach has signified any interest in going either.

As has been debated here many times in the past, the bottom line is that - to use a Nigerian phrase - Our local coaches are nor serious. They have shown no desire to improve themselves whatsoever and do not give a damn about becoming better.

Just look at CE. We have all sorts of prefessionals here, including doctors, teachers, engineers, architects, accountants, lawyers, journalists, nurses, etc. A lot of you went into diaspora with next to nothing and had to slave your way to where you are today.

To their eternal credit, the likes of Toxicarrow, Suya, Gotti, CIC, Yujam etc, did all kinds of menial jobs including night soil man, grave digger, hot dog sales man, public lavatory assiatant and brothel manager just to pay their way through university. The arrived in the West with one plastic bag but became successful professionals by working hard.

When these guys left the shores of West Africam, they were a lot worse off than Nigerian coaches today. Yet because they were so hell bent on working their way to success, they did what they had to in search of their goals. If the NFA pays to sponsor coaches to Euro 2004, fine but if not, they should be able to find their own way there.

Nigerian professionals in every other walk of life do it, so why should our coaches be exempt? There is dignity in labour! I am sure that if these guys wrote to the Portugues FA saying they would be prepared to come and sweep the stadium everyday just to get to attend the matches and seminars, they would probably get an audience.
Owerri-Aba Road
Obinna
Egg
Egg
Re: Not one Nigerian coach made the trip to Euro 2004

Post by Obinna »

AYO- PLEASE KEEP UR MOUTH SHUT.. UR RANTING IS GETTING ANNOYING :evil: :evil:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:I think it is very important that forumers are made aware of the fact that no Nigerian coach has deemed it necessary to go to Euro 2004. I remember having this discussion with Ogunjobi in London during the Unity Cup, when he said, he would have liked one or two of the NFA's coiaches to come and ask if they can go to watch the tournament.

Owerri-Aba Road
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Yes, they shud go and spy on our future opponents for WC '06...of course they need to also go see a clairvoyant first too :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
SAwosika
Egg
Egg

Post by SAwosika »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
mkizito76 wrote:
Would be a waste of limited resources in my opinion.

you should not go there, cos he just made his opinion known,and that is what you want by starting this thread, cos every thread has peeps opinion in it, so if u do not what people to to say what they feel about a topic, THEN DO NOT POST

A) I am sure AA is aware of web-based training. Do you travel everytime your company requires you to be brought up to speed at work. I am on my LT as we speak and I can even take my web-based training from home when not @ work (thru extra-net access). In the sphere of what you were intimating us with, watching the games on tv (low tech "web based training") would be more than sufficient for the coaches, if they have the ability to learn. The fact that you are physically present somewhere does not mean that you necessarily learn anything as you yourself have shown with your uninformed and highly ignorant positions.

B) Not necessary as you do not know this person from Adam. Anyway, as an Awosika, I am not surprised sha as we know how/who the Akinfes are anyway.... bunch of wannabes 8)

Obafemi Martins.... Class and Professionalism Personified
The Nigerian.... A Jewel of Inestimable Value
somebody
Egg
Egg

Post by somebody »

Robbince,
I no sabi for the guy oooo.

Ayo,
And if I may ask? Will they sit next to the European coaches in order to learn. If they wont, then they can learn on TV
Why do we struggle to live when we are still going to die anyway?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I dont see anything wrong with what AA has suggested at all. But it seems there is some emotional baggage that is influencing you guys' response to his comments. That one na una problem.
Did he not say:
Some of you say it is a waste of money.
I say 'Penny wise, pound foolish'.
So we should forever pay forex and astronomical fees for FCs when we can groom our own IC over time by sponsoring them on such events as this? Or are we saying that the heads of our coaches are 'impervious to knowledge'? Well, thats what my teaacher told me in secondary school, and look what happened. :lol:

If we want our own coaches one day, we need to invest in their training.
They say, if you think education is expensive, try ignorance.

Its that ignorance we are paying thru our noses for today, by hiring FCs.

As for TV and the Internet, there are such refreshher courses even in medicine, but I wonder whether any of you will go and consult Nigeria's first internet-trained doctors.
Yeah, right. :lol: :lol: :lol:

There's no replacement for live interection with your contemporaries, IMHO.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Damunk, I am not bothering to respond anymore. Our people do not want to learn, so I will leave them be. If they chose to wallow in their ignorance, I suppose they have the right to.

They think they can get me to respond to their childish personal attacks but alas, I am rising above the fray. I understand Rinus Michel is presenting a technical presentation sometime this week. I will try and get hold of it and send it to the NFA.

That is the best I can do.
realtrouble

Post by realtrouble »

SAwosika said

[quote]A) I am sure AA is aware of web-based training. Do you travel everytime your company requires you to be brought up to speed at work. I am on my LT as we speak and I can even take my web-based training from home when not @ work (thru extra-net access). In the sphere of what you were intimating us with, watching the games on tv (low tech "web based training") would be more than sufficient for the coaches, if they have the ability to learn. The fact that you are physically present somewhere does not mean that you necessarily learn anything as you yourself have shown with your uninformed and highly ignorant positions. [/qoute]

You don't craze online training course for a Football Manager . :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: