10 reasons why I don't think France will win Euro 2004

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

My 10 points why I think France will win it all
1 Zidane
2 Zidane
3 Zidane
4 Zidane
5 Zidane
6 Zidane
7 Zidane
8 Zidane
9 Zidane
10 Zidane

Kapish?
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

I agree with the #1 tho...i felt when the French team wasnt able to penetrate, they shud have taken shots from outside, instead they kept practicing how to perfect passes.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Mudi E wrote:My 10 points why I think France will win it all
1 Zidane
2 Zidane
3 Zidane
4 Zidane
5 Zidane
6 Zidane
7 Zidane
8 Zidane
9 Zidane
10 Zidane

Kapish?
The best 10 points ever on this forum. And Zidane is the perfect 10.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

3 points in the bag-thought myself that french team were trying to score the perfect goal__ but in football if yu keep possesion you always will create a chance-this is exactly what happend yesterday and England got punished for it!!! Thiery henry played better in the 2nd hald when he came out to help in the midfield-this is the mark of a good team and am sure they will improve after this match- remember they won the world cup in 1998 and Euro 2000!!!! this was no fluke!!!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
quickie
Egg
Egg

Post by quickie »

Ayo,

So who will win it? Easy saying one team out of 16 WON'T win. Stick your neck out and say who will if France don't.

I agree France are far from perfect but the other teams are shaky as well

Q
superwinger
Egg
Egg

Post by superwinger »

Ayo, the questionm is which team is going to knock the French out?
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Chei, Ayo bobos don kill you for claiming Trezeguet and Henry are too similar. So I shall say no more on that.

Why do you think France will play 3-5-2 when they won the WC and Euro 2000 with 4-4-2?

How can you say Santini is picking the team based on names when he dropped Dessailly – with the alleged injury being just a convenient excuse? Gallas who started at rightback is not a bigger name than Sagnol. Although my preference would have been Gallas in the middle of the defence, and Sagnol/Thuram at rightback.

Trezeguet is a pretty tough competitor and deadly in the air. Don’t forget this guy has succeeded in the toughest league in the world. He has just come back from injury. Let’s see how he fares in the next game. Remember the most important thing is not to lose your opening game, and they tend to be nervous and tentative encounters.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

quickie wrote:Ayo,

So who will win it? Easy saying one team out of 16 WON'T win. Stick your neck out and say who will if France don't.

Q
I want to watch Germany, Holland and Italy first before sticking my kneck out. After every team has played one game, we will have this discussion again.
quickie
Egg
Egg

Post by quickie »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
quickie wrote:Ayo,

Q
I want to watch Germany, Holland and Italy first before sticking my kneck out. After every team has played one game, we will have this discussion again.
So maybe you should have watched all of them before sticking your neck out that France won't win it?

Q
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Quickie, France did not look like a championship winning team yesterday. Nothing I saw impressed me. Greece looked a far better side than them.

Of all the teams I have seen so far, the Greeks look the best.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Ayo, so Scolari the world cup winning coach was outcoached!!!!!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

wanaj0 wrote:Ayo, so Scolari the world cup winning coach was outcoached!!!!!
O boy make we talk true for here. That King Otto Rehhagel is something else. The way the guy has his two big strikers unsettle the Portuguese defence and the way his backline was so solid was something else.

Portugal may have had some joy had Christiano Ronaldo played the whole game as they did start to make some headway when he came on. However, the likes of Pauletta, Rui Costa, Nuno Gomez and Figo had no joy all afternoon.

The Greeks pocketed them like they were a paclket of sweets. I don't know about you but me I bow for King Otto Rehhagel o!
quickie
Egg
Egg

Post by quickie »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Quickie, France did not look like a championship winning team yesterday. Nothing I saw impressed me. Greece looked a far better side than them.

Ayo,

I'm sure you've been watching our beautiful sport long enough to know that playing well in one match doesn't necessarily win a comp.

To win a major comp, a team will have to win at least 5 straight games...that's where the Frances and Italys come into play..and that's where the 'smaller' teams come short. Early days yet.

Q
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

quickie wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Quickie, France did not look like a championship winning team yesterday. Nothing I saw impressed me. Greece looked a far better side than them.

Ayo,

I'm sure you've been watching our beautiful sport long enough to know that playing well in one match doesn't necessarily win a comp.

To win a major comp, a team will have to win at least 5 straight games...that's where the Frances and Italys come into play..and that's where the 'smaller' teams come short. Early days yet.

Q
True, there is still a lot of fooball to be played, which is why I have been careful to use the phrase "So far."

Personally, I think that by the end of the group stages, we will know who is the best team in the tournament.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Ayo, France must stop this nonsense rigid 4-4-2, it make the team lopesided because Zidane is on the left leaving the ageing Lizarazou exposed.

They must revert to the formation that gave them their success. The 4-2-3-1 under Lemmerre (European Champions) or the 4-3-2-1 under Jacque (World Champions).

Still a long way to go guys.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
junior
Egg
Egg

Post by junior »

YUJAM wrote:I don't like the English team because their fans don't give black players enuff respect! In France, they celebrate their foreign stars and the opportunities given to African players in the French championship is enuff evidence of this.
Yujam, racism may not be (visibly) present in French soccer but it does exist in other spheres of life in France. I have friends from Senegal, Cameroun, Guinea etc. who live or have lived in France. Some lived in major cities for many years and moaned about lack of opportunities for people of color. I have seen stories of violence and poverty in their ghettos which are heavily populated by Blacks and Arabs.

Going back to soccer - How many black former players are holding down managerial, ministerial, executive or administrative positions in French football? How many are owners or even have a 'small' stake in top flight clubs? If you can provide me with credible stats I would appreciate it tremendously. I will better understand you when you present the big picture.

There is definitely racism in England - and in France, USA , Nigeria and Cameroun. And don't always trust the French. In the 1970's they allowed known Libyan terrorists to pass through their airports and borders unfettered. In exchange Libya would not attack French nationals or interests. It backfired - Libya did not keep their end of the bargain. Read 'The Arabs' by Terrence Lamb a journalist who lived in the Middle East and Africa for over 20 years. The French are just more subtle sort of like.....eh....a snake. :mrgreen:
quickie
Egg
Egg

Post by quickie »

Ayo,

Having seen all the teams play, who do you now think will win it?

Q