Nigeria would've.......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Akamoke

Post by Akamoke »

Gotti wrote:
Undertaker wrote:I see a there are a lot of swolling heads on the form! People that are living a dream think the Super Eagles of ccc is actually a team. Remove Martins and all we have is a 3rd place team in Africa. They can't beat England and they surely can't team France!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UNDERTAKER:
Why don't you "remove" Henry from the French team? Why not "remove" Wayne Rooney (or even Sol Campbell) from the English team?! Is Martin not a Nigerian?! Why stop at Martin?! Why don't you just "remove" all of the Nigerians and replace them with Nigeriens?! :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

We would have a harder time playing england than france. Lately, naija depends alot on the "long ball". We saw how ALL the crosses into the english 18 was dealth with by sol and king.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

quickie wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:We are a long way from beating France & England

Gooner,
Leave them, let them keep deluding themselves.

Q
Thank you sirs.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Akingbade
Egg
Egg

Post by Akingbade »

First, we dominate Africa convincinly.We can then begin to dream of beating the organised Europeans who seem to have reduced footie into a game of chess :mrgreen:
Don't throw stones if u live in a glass house and kindly use the pre-frontal lobe of your brain more often; scientists call it the seat of good manners...
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

quickie wrote:

Gooner,

Q
I agree. It'll make it all the more impressive when they get slapped back into reality.
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Eagle Winged wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
quickie wrote:
Gooner,
Q
Thank you sirs.
I agree. It'll make it all the more impressive when they get slapped back into reality.
The lack of self-confidence of the colonialized African mind is amazing!

In 1998, we were regalled with stories of how Spain had not lost a game in two years (until the opening of the Stade d'France) and what Raul, Enrique, Morientes, etc, will do to us -- while we were being whitewashed against the likes of Holland, Germany, Yugoslavia and even the clubside Grasshoppers!

Of course, with the noted exception of self-anionted CE clairvoyannts, no one can foresee the future circumstances or outcome of any such encounter: player availabilty, form, injuries, competition (or lack thereof), etc. But at the end of the day, when 22 professionals engage in a football field.....

No disrespect intended (honest), but I often wonder how some CEs compete in their daily lives abroad! :shock:
Last edited by Gotti on Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria would've.......

Post by DIMKA76 »

elerineye wrote:won against both England and France. IMHO
I DON'T THINK SO!!!
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

Gotti wrote:
Undertaker wrote:I see a there are a lot of swolling heads on the form! People that are living a dream think the Super Eagles of ccc is actually a team. Remove Martins and all we have is a 3rd place team in Africa. They can't beat England and they surely can't team France!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UNDERTAKER:
Why don't you "remove" Henry from the French team? Why not "remove" Wayne Rooney (or even Sol Campbell) from the English team?! Is Martin not a Nigerian?! Why stop at Martin?! Why don't you just "remove" all of the Nigerians and replace them with Nigeriens?! :shock:
Gotti, it is obvious that some ppl don't think things thru b4 they speak or type.
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

superwinger wrote:
I guess you have a right to type your opinion. But as good as I think our boys are, I would say IMHO that we are CAPABLE of beating both England and France as well as they are capable of thrashing us if we have a bad day. We all know that the Super Eagles always breathe hot and cold.
My opinion was formed based on what I saw in the game.
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

I didn't even have CCC in my thoughts when I came to my conclusion, coz I don't even believe that we have a coach right now, and Gotti has answered the other part of your comment.
Last edited by elerineye on Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

elerineye wrote:
superwinger wrote:
I guess you have a right to type your opinion. But as good as I think our boys are, I would say IMHO that we are CAPABLE of beating both England and France as well as they are capable of thrashing us if we have a bad day. We all know that the Super Eagles always breathe hot and cold.
The same monkey brain God gave you?
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
legend
Egg
Egg

Post by legend »

elerineye wrote:
superwinger wrote:
please add this 'goal shy' Italian squad--Damn who the hell is their coach?
Apart from my usual Amodu rantings all in all. He has done very well and the laurels and records speak for itself - MI5

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=157957
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

We can deal with England any where any day... that.. I'm certain about... but France is another issue... We don't play disciplined enough yet to beat France at this moment... whereas, we can beat England even if we play our indisciplined ball. That's my opinion and you don't have to like it. Thanks.
living
Egg
Egg

Post by living »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Things might come to those who wait but only those things left behind by those who hustle-Abraham Lincoln
HAWKEYE
Egg
Egg

Post by HAWKEYE »

Platinum wrote:

.......Nigeria would've beaten both france and england my foot! jokers.....

I'm assuming you are also joking about the above. England with four strikers could only draw with a Nigerian team with under 17 -player Opabunmi and France was beaten by Senegal, a team SE lost to at the 2002 ANC semi as a result of squabbles in the team.

As someone noted above, and I have said it many times, only Nigerians can defeat the SE. You can interprete that which ever way you like, but to say we are jokers is way out of line. We are darn serious that neither France nor England or even Italy can defeat us.

I haven't seen any team here than would thrash the SE and most African top teams even with the well known and notorious haphazard preparations of the SE

The days when names scare other minnows are now over.
CAPTAIN HAWKINS
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

Undertaker wrote:
elerineye wrote:
superwinger wrote:
The same monkey brain God gave you?
Silence is the BEST answer for a FOOL!
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Gotti wrote:
UNDERTAKER:
Justice Gotti, I love that.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

All we need now is a good coach that will help develop a well organised team (that blends), then you'll realize that France, England and co. can be beaten even in their backyard.