Why is Gerrard such a bonehead?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

England still play like it's 1966..all long balls
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

For me there are Liverpool games and there are Liverpool games with Stevie in it. What else could be expected of a central midfield player, he will win u the ball and also create chances for u with his passing and may even get u the odd goal too with a rifling right foot shot 25+ yards away from goal! Also, his diversity being able to play in defence, is a plus to his game too.
The snag (literally) aspect to his game, are his injuries that he seems to pick up regulary. Whether it is a back problem, or hamstring problem Stevie always seems to get his fair share of injuries throughout the season

I think he is excellent, his tackling is fantastic at times a lil rash but still good. His passing is excellent, pin point and above all else he is among the best long range passers in the EPL. As an added bonus, he has great feet, and can shoot. The guy has a phenomenal work rate and puts his 110% in every game he is out there. Plus, he brings this attitude to the pitch, this never say die thing which makes him even more dangerous and scares the hell out of the opposition. The boy needs to mature a lil and cut out the overly aggressive attitude as it earns him a few cards and quite a few meetings with the disciplinary committee.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Jimi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Jimi »

YUJAM wrote:Gerrard is such a bonehead he spotted Henry in an offsides position but figured that since Henry was in such a position, he was out of the play. A typical Gerrard moment if you ask me. I hope the racist English press and fans further examine Gerrard's temporary moment of insanity. There will sure be more to come.
No No Yujam..trust me, there was no way he could have spotted Henry and passed the ball back as casually as he did..No way I'd like to think. Anyway the guy does have nice ball control and like Beckham is a very good and accurate long passer..Other than that, he really has no tricks or dribbling skills like a world-class midfielder should have.
GDAY
Egg
Egg

Post by GDAY »

Gerald's game has matured overtime.
You have to give him kudos for make him himself unavailable for the English Rugby team (I use to think he needed a shirt in that team)
He is human and should be allowed some brief moment of insanity :lol: (no one is above that)
Contrary to all the bashing going on here, Gerald's form this season is one of the reason I think England's midfield got a chance against the rest.
”The strength of the Team is each individual member. The Strength of each member is the Team.”
Phil Jackson..