YOU GUYS WONT BELIEVE THIS - NAIJA WURU

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marloski
Egg
Egg

Post by marloski »

Well I'm all for collaborations but the least they can do is ask first. Simple courtesy goes a long way. People went tthrough a lot of trouble to get those pictures that we see here. 8) 8) 8)
Akamoke

Post by Akamoke »

manplus wrote:I fully agree with Solowe.
What is the big effing deal if the NFA website 'borrows' some
material from the CE? Really, what is being protected here?
We really do need to see the big picture. Are we not on the
same team? Should we not be working collectively towards the
development of our country and soccer?

I do not understand the misplaced zeal we sometimes display in
asserting yeye ownership rights on simple things that have no real
monetary value. This coming from a site using open-source tools.
It should be our pride that our material is wanted and dubbed.
Otherwise, it has no intrinsic value.
Maplus, please direct me to your home, so I can come and "borrow" your car so that I can use it to collect the imported garri from Nigeria, afterall Im going to supply you and other Nigerians with Garri at my store, bear in mind, I borrowed from you without permission, you only found out I borrowed from you because happened to be riding a bus and you saw your car stationed at Newark Airport, NJ...how would you feel if I informed you that "We are on the same team"
SUYA

Post by SUYA »

Its a Goal,

I wonder why the NFA doesnt take KIckOFF's stuff ?

Akamoke

Please stop............ ! :P
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Waffiman wrote:Solowe, people waorh hard on this forum and we do not appreciate it if parasites use our hardwork without the courtesy of even asking for permission or attributing the source.

Suya is spot on and in time, we shall have legal people on the backsides of these bastardos. :x :x :x :x :x
Waffiman,

Nobody is condoning what they did, What i am saying to you is use the situation to the advantage of the board and stop being soo territorial.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Solowe, try "borrowing" stuff from bbc without permission or without giving them credit for it and see if they would be "territorial" or not with you. The English FA won't dare not try it with any site so why should we allow our FA to?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

SUYA:
You know that you are my dear brother and I love you.....but I must confess that I do not fully get the antagonistic tone of your correspondence.

For starters, the Cybereagles site is littered with the work-product of others (including other websites, media outlets and sundry photographers). Accordingly, we may just find ourselves going to equity with unclean hands.

Furthermore, we must bear in mind that there exists a "fair use" doctrine in intellectual property that allows others to use a reasonable amount of the work of others placed in the public domain. And if the real at hand is one of ATTRIBUTION (a vice that is also regular fare on CE), we can firm and yet still polite about it.

Finally, I do not think that the response was from the NFA itself, but from the website developers. If it is using our work-product for commercial gains, arrangements should be made for fair compensation to this site, but it seems to me that there is little reason to adopt a confrontational stance on the matter.

Just the humble opinion of one brother to another....
Last edited by Gotti on Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

SSTAR wrote:Solowe,

After reading the disingenuous NFA rep's reponse to SUYA and your response to the issue thus:

You are not looking at the bigger picture here. You are shutting down the door that could open endless possibilities for Cyber eagles. Obviously, they like what you guys are doing here, so its a compliment that they (Nigerian Authorities) would even want to lift something from here. Use this oppurtunity to form collaborations with them.

I do not agree with your line of thought on this issue. This would be akin to a burglar, who was caught in the act, informing the homeowner to look at the positive side of having to update the article about to be stolen. :lol:

As the very apt title of this thread states, the NFA, if it truly intends to associate with CyberEagles, should have made a formal request and not try to con its way into what it sees as an opportunity to shine. While just being a member of CE, I would hate to see others try to usurp the efforts of those who have labored to make this site functional in the guise of doing everyone a favor. It's can rightfully be said that the favor belongs to CE to give if appropriately requested.
SSTAR,

You have your analogy all wrong.

This situation is akin to IBM wanting Microsofts Operating system( MSdos, latter Windows), and then mircosoft refusing to sell it to them because they didnt want the competetion. Microsoft sold the OS sytem to IBM for very little money and used their collaboration with IBM to bring others into using their software. Since IBM was the standard bearer in computers Microsoft was able to leverage their relationship with IBM into making other believe that their software was the standard for Operating systems. We all know what Microsoft is today.

The issue here is we need to recognise an oppurtunity when we see one and being able to use it benefit this site.
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

Akamoke wrote:

Maplus, please direct me to your home, so I can come and "borrow" your car so that I can use it to collect the imported garri from Nigeria, afterall Im going to supply you and other Nigerians with Garri at my store, bear in mind, I borrowed from you without permission, you only found out I borrowed from you because happened to be riding a bus and you saw your car stationed at Newark Airport, NJ...how would you feel if I informed you that "We are on the same team"
Akamoke please stop making sense. You of all people should know that some people just don't get it.
naija4ever
Egg
Egg
Location: Latitude 14' 40 N Longitude 90' 31 W(Nollywood 4Ever)

Post by naija4ever »

Probably there isnt anything there worth taking :roll: :wink: .
BTW, Suya and other mods/admins why is the site's clock still one day fast? When I post messages today its telling me Tuesday 15th of June :evil: :shock: :shock: :(
Schillachi wrote:Thanks Ghana. I hope this defeat will forever cure us of our colonial mentality when it comes to Coaches...

mystic wrote:
Now, we can criticise CCC for this, that and the other - some of which is warranted, and some of which is complete hogwash. But, in my view, these are the prinicipal areas in which he has been a disappointment.
All the same, I salute Christian Chukwu for his efforts, his selflessness and his hard work. He has served his country to the best of his ability. The predicament that we are in, right now, is not soley of his making and we should all keep that in mind.

The two players are in different worlds. Ade is too young to be compared to Kanu. Kanu has been around and has raked in laurels upon laurels. If he is not scoring, he is assisting; and if he is not, he is entertaining ... one of the finest players in the world. Please for past times, compare Kanu to Brazilian Socrates..bbc606
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

naija4ever wrote:
Probably there isnt anything there worth taking :roll: :wink: .
BTW, Suya and other mods/admins why is the site's clock still one day fast? When I post messages today its telling me Tuesday 15th of June :evil: :shock: :shock: :(
You have to go to your profile and chose the time zone that correspond with your location. That should solve the problems.
SSTAR
Egg
Egg

Post by SSTAR »

Solowe,

Points well taken.
Cheers Bro.!!!
The meek shall inherit the earth, but they will not hold the mineral rights!!!
manplus
Egg
Egg

Post by manplus »

Akamoke:
Its not the same thing.
Coming to my home to 'borrow' my stuff is not the same
as 'borrowing' some material from the internet. What NFA has
done is more akin to getting music from Napster or Kazaa or such.

Of course, it is better that people ask first. My point is that,
nothing spoil and no real harm has been done, so why the
extreme outrage.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Akamoke wrote: Solowe, would you agree that lifting articles and pictures from a site without permission is inappropriate whether it is a Nigerian site or not, there are due protocols, the gentleman in question should have referenced Cybereagles, and if he was intending to collaborate, he should have come to Cybereagles and said so, that is the professional thing to do. Let's not use patriotism to disregard due process

I do however agree that SUYA's response could have been less aggressive
Akamoke,

I have not said what they did was right, its stealing and it has to stop until CE gives them permission to do so. However, Suya is overreacting to the situation here. There is a possible upside to this thing and thats all I am asking Suya to recognise.

Whether you like the NFA or not, the NFA is Nigerian football. They are responsible for the day-to-day running of Nigerian football. Who better than them to form an alliance with as regards to Nigerian soccer ?
living
Egg
Egg

Post by living »

NFA what do u expect from them
Things might come to those who wait but only those things left behind by those who hustle-Abraham Lincoln

Post by Guest »

Gotti wrote:SUYA:
You know that you are my dear brother and I love you.....but I must confess that I do not fully get the antagonistic tone of your correspondence.

For starters, the Cybereagles site is littered with the work-product of others (including other websites, media outlets and sundry photographers). Accordingly, we may just find ourselves going to equity with unclean hands.

Furthermore, we must bear in mind that there exists a "fair use" doctrine in intellectual property that allows others to use a reasonable amount of the work of others placed in the public domain. And if the real at hand is one of ATTRIBUTION (a vice that is also regular fare on CE), we can firm and yet still polite about it.

Finally, I do not think that the response was from the NFA itself, but from the website developers. If it is using our work-product for commercial gains, arrangements should be made for fair compensation to this site, but it seems to me that there is little reason to adopt a confrontational stance on the matter.

Don't mind the monkey. We reproduce articules from such sites as BBC,Skysport etc day in, day out yet none of them have written to us to stop taking stuff without their persmission with a bole kaja tone. But mumu like Suya will never see that aspect. What's wrong with telling the guy in a gentleman manner to seek permission before lifting or make sure whatever is lifted is a tiny percentage of what we have on this site. Many universities compile a course reader from chapters of several authors without paying a cent. They just must ensure to take a tiny percentage of the whole work of a author or a book but this kind thing is too big for this oponu to grasp. yeye person like you.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Why 'am I not surprised they made this offer to Suya, 'cos the way some of our so-called forumers carry themselves around NFA officials posing as CE lord, they thought all of us are for sale.
Suya, please I will like you to know that you have done the right thing. It is folks like you that makes every contributions to CE worthwhile. Please keep up the good work.
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Manplus,

Thank you.
SUYA

Post by SUYA »

Gotti wrote:SUYA:

Gotti thanks and as usual I see sense in your words and will take them to heart. What made me zap here is the fact that Kunle......said that we should be happy they are using our stuff and if it is MONEY I want I should chill. And the fact the he waited 8 months to reply makes it even worse.

Based on this - Okay I will revise my reply and be more polite
but in no means manner or shape are they being fair. And the point about them not being the NFA is well taken.

Again Thanks.
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

Suya, peeps like you give some of us hope for our country.
We are proud of you o.
God bless you o.
Last edited by GREENWHITEGREEN on Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

baba no regrets wrote:Suya, you're an angel*, a complete angel*. There you are throwing about the bobo not being able to spell profitable while you can't even spell a simpler word in "deceit". What the hell is lakadezic? You mean lackadaisical? After why sir, which you appropriatelt put a coma at the end of, you ommited a coma after "for crying out loud". Futhermore, Alhaji Grammar teacher, you can even spell "unprofessionalism" correctly. Then you need to know that when spelling such words as can't and won't you need insert apostrophe. Like I said, you be proper mumu.
Look at this mugu, you cannot even spell common "appropriately" :D
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
skillful
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by skillful »

Na wa oooo boys sabi books for dis site sha u sure say na the same jakande school all of us go to :mrgreen:
"I first saw David Rocastle play in 1983 for the youth team. I remember coming home excitedly from the match and telling my family, "I've just watched the nearest thing to a Brazilian footballer you are ever likely to see - and he comes from Lewisham." - David Dein on Rocky Rocastle
SUYA

Post by SUYA »

baba no regrets,

I would call u an monkey myself but since we trace our roots to them that would be an insult. Thus U are f*&^%$g earlobe..something that serves no OTHER purpose other than to wear an earing.
:x
Why would I not respond to such an insult as..." If na money you want" with a barb of my own - I ask ?

As for giving due credit...........go to our news section if you can find it and show me where we have not given anybody their due credit ?

http://www.cybereagles.co.uk/news/default.asp

If u are involved with the site just say so.......u sack of puss !
Last edited by SUYA on Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
skillful
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by skillful »

Nna boys make una use ya spell check even me and big shawn can spell better :mrgreen:
"I first saw David Rocastle play in 1983 for the youth team. I remember coming home excitedly from the match and telling my family, "I've just watched the nearest thing to a Brazilian footballer you are ever likely to see - and he comes from Lewisham." - David Dein on Rocky Rocastle