YOU GUYS WONT BELIEVE THIS - NAIJA WURU

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

SUYA
YOU GUYS WONT BELIEVE THIS - NAIJA WURU

Post by SUYA »

Guys as if the massive attacks from outside hackers during the last couple of weeks has not been enougt to test our nerves and resolve now insult is being added to injury from Nigeria. As we know late in September the NFA tested a new website that was discovered by Eagle Winged and while we applauded a move well over due we were shocked that most of its content had been lifted from out site.

These included bi lines by both Toxicarrow and myself as well as a slew of pictures contributed among others by members such as Okuns and Gadfly. Needless to say, peeved I wrote the webmaster, the NFA and the actual host to complain about this copy right infingement ad sinve the WWC 2004 was still going on in the US....I even threatened to report them to FIFA if teh site was adopted as the official site. (see below)

To: [email protected] [email protected]
Sent: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 22:52:12 GMT
Subject: Pictures and Site Content on Your website
Gentlemen- Who gave you permission to use our pictures and articles on your website? You lifted them from the CyberEagles web site and if you dont respond within 48 hours I will start legal proceedings against the NFA as well as write to FIFA. In fact I will bring this up during the Press Conference in Philadelphia on Thursday with the Secretary General. You have been warned.
XXXXXX Editor and Administator Cyber Eagles

Now while they did yank the site approximately 2 weeks later I was amazed when going through my trash bin this morning (just to see what the hackers who have been spamming me now for the past month have been up to) when I discovered this Email sent to me by the guys at Nigeriafa.com.............almost 8 months later. See for yourselfs

From "Nigeria FA" [email protected] :
To [email protected] Subject : Fw: Pictures on Your website Date : Fri, 11 Jun 2004 10:23:29 +0700

Dear XXXX,
We should be looking for ways to lift up Nigeria. Sorry let me introduce myself. We are a non- profitable organisation that has promised to lift up nigeria sport in whatever way we could and I would love you Mr XXX especially based on your work in Nigerian Football to come on board these train to see how we could come together and make our country proud. you must have gone through the site and you will see that pictures used are poor quality got from different places and if yours happened to be used you should be happy as well we could use link to your site if you want us to.

I am sure you want money for using your pictures but what we can do for now is only beg you to please contribute to the site as well give hints on how to get better site design at no cost Sorry for late response to your mail. We are starting small and not yet stable. please bear with us.

Cheers Kunle

REPSONSE RETRACTED AND BEING EDITED

Last edited by SUYA on Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
Cristao
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao »

what is the yeye website address?
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Cristao wrote:what is the yeye website address?
Yes make we send them a few of those viruses sent to Omey2K4.
To stop trying is to start dying
Football Manager
Egg
Egg

Post by Football Manager »

Any email address with no full header for analysis means spam or spammer generated from my own perspective.
SUYA

Post by SUYA »

They havent put it up yet Guys......but be assured its coming. :evil:
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

SUYA My Broda,

I think your responce is a little inappropriate & short sighted.

You are not looking at the bigger picture here. You are shutting down the door that could open endless possibilities for Cyber eagles. Obviously, they like what you guys are doing here, so its a compliment that they (Nigerian Authorities) would even want to lift something from here. Use this oppurtunity to form collaborations with them.

Think about all the access this website thing could offer CE mebers;

You could use it to get access to NFA brass when you want to make suggestions, interviews. Ogunjobi etc.
Members here can get scouting jobs from the NFA or even be sponsored to become FIFA registered agents
Access to Naija game videos, records, pictures etc from yester years
They can put cyber eagles on the map with links and recognition as the offical fan web site

The list is endless SUYA.

Remeber, ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country !!
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

Where is Robbynice and the other NFA defenders?
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
SUYA

Post by SUYA »

Solowe,

If you were one of the people who contributed either the pictures in question or wrote one of the articles in question or donated a cent towards this site ..I would feel I owed you an explanation or should listen to you. But since you are not I'll hold of on my comments and just say 2 things......

1 People like you make stealing easy in Nigeria.

2 Secondly please donate your Tribal breakdown Articles to them....and maybe they will leave US alone. :evil:
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

SUYA wrote:Solowe,

If you were one of the people who contributed either the pictures in question or wrote one of the articles in question or donated a cent towards this site ..I would feel I owed you an explanation or should listen to you. But since you are not I'll hold of on my comments and just say 2 things......

1 People like you make stealing easy in Nigeria.

2 Secondly please donate your Tribal breakdown Articles to them....and maybe they will leave US alone. :evil:
Suya,

You really really dont want me to respond in kind to what you just wrote.

This knee jerk trigger happy attitude you are displaying is not benefiting anyone. This is an oppurtunity for improvement and growth of this site, instead you are getting into unhealth and unneccessary battles.

Look at the bigger picture.

The NFA can offer tremendous oppurtunities to anyone who desires a career in soccer or its related activities and you are shutting that down because they took a couple of pictures ???
SUYA

Post by SUYA »

Solowe,

I have nothing more to say to you...and you of all people should know that I am not afraid of anything you have to say to me. So lets just leave it at that...you looking out for your interests and me for mine...or better said the boards.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Solowe, people waorh hard on this forum and we do not appreciate it if parasites use our hardwork without the courtesy of even asking for permission or attributing the source.

Suya is spot on and in time, we shall have legal people on the backsides of these bastardos. :x :x :x :x :x
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
SSTAR
Egg
Egg

Post by SSTAR »

Solowe,

After reading the disingenuous NFA rep's reponse to SUYA and your response to the issue thus:

You are not looking at the bigger picture here. You are shutting down the door that could open endless possibilities for Cyber eagles. Obviously, they like what you guys are doing here, so its a compliment that they (Nigerian Authorities) would even want to lift something from here. Use this oppurtunity to form collaborations with them.

I do not agree with your line of thought on this issue. This would be akin to a burglar, who was caught in the act, informing the homeowner to look at the positive side of having to update the article about to be stolen. :lol:

As the very apt title of this thread states, the NFA, if it truly intends to associate with CyberEagles, should have made a formal request and not try to con its way into what it sees as an opportunity to shine. While just being a member of CE, I would hate to see others try to usurp the efforts of those who have labored to make this site functional in the guise of doing everyone a favor. It's can rightfully be said that the favor belongs to CE to give if appropriately requested.
The meek shall inherit the earth, but they will not hold the mineral rights!!!

Post by Guest »

Suya, you're an angel*, a complete angel*. There you are throwing about the bobo not being able to spell profitable while you can't even spell a simpler word in "deceit". What the hell is lakadezic? You mean lackadaisical? After why sir, which you appropriatelt put a coma at the end of, you ommited a coma after "for crying out loud". Futhermore, Alhaji Grammar teacher, you can even spell "unprofessionalism" correctly. Then you need to know that when spelling such words as can't and won't you need insert apostrophe. Like I said, you be proper mumu.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

SUYA wrote:Solowe,

I have nothing more to say to you...and you of all people should know that I am not afraid of anything you have to say to me. So lets just leave it at that...you looking out for your interests and me for mine...or better said the boards.
Suya,

You were doing well when you wrote "... me for mine". Adding ..."or better said the boards" sounds a little trite. I guess you think you are the Bill Orielly of Cyber Eagles "who is watching out us". :lol: :lol:

While I acknowledge your contributions to the "board", you dont speak for everyone here, nobody does.

Instead of you to show some REAL leadership here, you are being territorial over some articles and pictures. The gains this board could make out of a properly structured collaboration with the NFA could be enourmous.

I am confident you are a progressive thinking person and I know you will give this some more thought.
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

baba no regrets wrote:Suya, you're an angel*, a complete angel*. There you are throwing about the bobo not being able to spell profitable while you can't even spell a simpler word in "deceit". What the hell is lakadezic? You mean lackadaisical? After why sir, which you appropriatelt put a coma at the end of, you ommited a coma after "for crying out loud". Futhermore, Alhaji Grammar teacher, you can even spell "unprofessionalism" correctly. Then you need to know that when spelling such words as can't and won't you need insert apostrophe. Like I said, you be proper mumu.
Did someone $#% in your milo this morning ?

Simmer down now.
It's monday.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

baba no regrets wrote:Suya, you're an angel*, a complete angel*. There you are throwing about the bobo not being able to spell profitable while you can't even spell a simpler word in "deceit". What the hell is lakadezic? You mean lackadaisical? After why sir, which you appropriatelt put a coma at the end of, you ommited a coma after "for crying out loud". Futhermore, Alhaji Grammar teacher, you can even spell "unprofessionalism" correctly. Then you need to know that when spelling such words as can't and won't you need insert apostrophe. Like I said, you be proper mumu.
Totally uncalled for!

I believe the owner has the right to do what he/she pleases!
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
SUYA

Post by SUYA »

Baba No regrets :lol: ??? .....thanks for the corrections but why should my typos and where I dont put my commas raise your blood pressure...and theft does not. Now that is being a real Mumu if you ask me............. :cry:
Akamoke

Post by Akamoke »

Solowe wrote:SUYA My Broda,

I think your responce is a little inappropriate & short sighted.

Think about all the access this website thing could offer CE mebers;

You could use it to get access to NFA brass when you want to make suggestions, interviews. Ogunjobi etc.
Members here can get scouting jobs from the NFA or even be sponsored to become FIFA registered agents
Access to Naija game videos, records, pictures etc from yester years
They can put cyber eagles on the map with links and recognition as the offical fan web site

The list is endless SUYA.

Remeber, ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country !!
Solowe, would you agree that lifting articles and pictures from a site without permission is inappropriate whether it is a Nigerian site or not, there are due protocols, the gentleman in question should have referenced Cybereagles, and if he was intending to collaborate, he should have come to Cybereagles and said so, that is the professional thing to do. Let's not use patriotism to disregard due process

I do however agree that SUYA's response could have been less aggressive
manplus
Egg
Egg

Post by manplus »

I fully agree with Solowe.
What is the big effing deal if the NFA website 'borrows' some
material from the CE? Really, what is being protected here?
We really do need to see the big picture. Are we not on the
same team? Should we not be working collectively towards the
development of our country and soccer?

I do not understand the misplaced zeal we sometimes display in
asserting yeye ownership rights on simple things that have no real
monetary value. This coming from a site using open-source tools.
It should be our pride that our material is wanted and dubbed.
Otherwise, it has no intrinsic value.
SUYA

Post by SUYA »

Solowe,

Have you ever heard about asking without taking ? Have they ever asked and we said NO ?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Solowe, if the NFA wants to have a collaboration with CE, they are more than welcomed to do so. CE didn't build this prestige overnight, it was a labor of love from everyone and it is wrong for the NFA to just come by one day and take away everything we worked so hard for simply because we are Nigerians.

Let the NFA go about seeking permission the right way and we will do our best to accomodate them, but in the mean time, we are not kids so they should not try to patronize us.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Obinna
Egg
Egg

Post by Obinna »

Since when do we take anything that solowe say seriously

and babanoreget. shut the hell up. how dare you come a boy like that :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Owerri-Aba Road
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]SUYA[/color] wrote:Solowe,

Have you ever heard about asking without taking ? Have they ever asked and we said NO ?
This is the crux of the matter. They are not asking, they simply want to help themselves to stuff they don't own. This will be a good chance to teach them ethics, protocol and professionalism.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!