Paul Obiefule

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

gomezriis
Egg
Egg
Paul Obiefule

Post by gomezriis »

Hi - I´m from Denmark with a big passion for african football in generally and nigerian football especially.

About two weeks ago two young talentet nigerians turned up here in my hometown Viborg. They went here with a nigerian agent to trial for the local premier division side Viborg f.f.

The players, Paul Obiefule and Uzoma Igwe, did very well. Especially Obiefule was good in training. They played a match in the reserves. The match ended 2-2 with Igwe scoring a goal.

Have You guys heard anything about this travel and a possible transfer to Denmark ??

Can You please describe these two players. :?:
Dr. Wazobia
Egg
Egg

Post by Dr. Wazobia »

Can You please describe these two players
They are black and can play soccer.
--- Let brotherly love continue ---
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Obiefule is now a Nigerian international and has acquited himself quite well in both games he has played in. Look for him to star in the upcoming battle in Luanda against Angola.
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

Just don't try to naturalize Obiefule in Denmark. He's already playing for Nigeria
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

Dr. Wazobia wrote:
They are black and can play soccer.
Very funny
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

This is what we are talking about, only in Nigeria does a player trying out in a Danish village plays for the national team. Thank you CCC!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ebe
Egg
Egg

Post by ebe »

Undertaker wrote:This is what we are talking about, only in Nigeria does a player trying out in a Danish village plays for the national team. Thank you CCC!

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!! Naija players are turning up everywhere just to get the tag of foriegn-based pro; it's a coach's nightmare!!!!!
K
Egg
Egg

Post by K »

ebe,

na you be dis?

abi no be you dey nack grammar for village square
visit the village square
ebe
Egg
Egg

Post by ebe »

K wrote:ebe,

na you be dis?

abi no be you dey nack grammar for village square

Na me my brother; this is my football side. good to meet you here
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Undertaker wrote:This is what we are talking about, only in Nigeria does a player trying out in a Danish village plays for the national team. Thank you CCC!
UNDERTAKER:
Please disabuse yourself from the churlish polemics. It is growing increasingly trite.

Paul Obiefule was invited to the national team as a player with Nigerian Premier League side (four times league champions and currently placed second) Iwuanyanwu Nationale. In fact, Obiefule is still listed as an Inwuanyanwu Nationale player.
Otuoma Wuon Ogolo
Egg
Egg

Post by Otuoma Wuon Ogolo »

Have You guys heard anything about this travel and a possible transfer to Denmark ??

Sorry, cannot help you there. Never heard of these two.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the boisterous sea of liberty."
Thomas Jefferson
Fegwu

Post by Fegwu »

A gentleman asked a simple question and no one yet has been able to contribute anything of importance (me included).

At least, if you do not have anything to say don't make it worse by bringing down the quality of the thread.

gomezriis, Igwe I don't know but Paul Obiefule I have heard of before now. Paul in particular made his Super Eagles of Nigeria debute only a matter of weeks ago and according to reports acquited himself well. Gotti has must info on him I bet. I understand that he is young and playes the defensive midfield position. He has a bright future according to reports with his assortment of deft skills and physical abilities.
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Uzoma Igwe is a striker with Iwuanyanwu Nationale. As at last count he was the 2nd highest goal scorer in the Nigerian Premier League.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

Paul was on for Nigeria at the last Unity Cup. he is cute and plays decent football. A good solo run towards the end of the match against Jamaica could have earned him his first International goal 'cept for the goal post. He is gentle and well bahaved. As to Igwe, no info from my side.

But, my Danish friend, we enjoyed your game yseterday. your team played better than the Azzuris. meanwhile, there are a lot more of Igwe and Paul from where those came from.

GG of G
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
gomezriis
Egg
Egg

Post by gomezriis »

Fegwu & GG of G: Thank You for the kind answers - I was about to think that no one in this forum knew anything about nigerian football but the players are black....!! (Dr. Wazobia = the pride of Nigeria :roll: )

As to the village talking the danish premier division is infact a very strong league. Several members of the danish national squad plays in the league.

I hope that at least Obiefule will make it here - the club Viborg FF has a strong squad with a very good coach and management. Watch one of the clubs players Imants Bleidelis from Latvia today in the Euro2004 match against Czech Republic.

I wish the best for Nigeria in the forthcoming match against Angola. Best regards from Denmark :wink:
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

lacidi wrote:Uzoma Igwe is a striker with Iwuanyanwu Nationale. As at last count he was the 2nd highest goal scorer in the Nigerian Premier League.
Scoring chart is at the bottom right of this page.
http://www.kickoffnigeria.com/fixtures.php

Aparently, he's the joint top scorer.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Watch pout for Paul Obiefule Gomezriis.

He has played for the Nigeria U-23 team and earlier this month, he played for Nigeria in the recently concluded Unity Cup in London. Actually, he arrived in London from Viborg and headed straight to the team hotel from the airport.

He came on for the last five minutes against Ireland and played the who;le of the 90 minutes against Jamaica. He is a two-way central midfielder who can defend and attack.

He makes strong surging runs from midfield, has good body swerves and scores goals too. He is still young and inexperienced but give him a few years and I see him making a big impact.

I do not expect him to stay at Vibourg for more than two seasons. He is a class act and very soon, the big boys will be in for him.

I do not know much about Igwe other than that he is a goalscorer. I hope this helps.
KoC
Egg
Egg

Post by KoC »

In addition, he is a very level-headed player who is willing to learn. While with Iwuanyanwu Nationale, he plays as a right-sided midfielder, and sometimes, as a forward.

He is with the Nigeria national team at the moment, and will be off to Angola for this weekend's qualifying match in Luanda.
. . . all about the players. Total posts: 725 and counting. . .

Blogzilla
KickOff Nigeria

I love Arsenal. Such entertainment!! The kind of soccer we want for the kind of results we hate!!!
---Polly waxes lyrical after Burnley nyansh the ARSE
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Gomezriis, I hope you're not an Angolan spy in disguise trying to derail our world cup qualifying campaign... Anyways, if JJ fails to appear, look for Paul to put in good work against Angola on Sunday... from the little I've seen of him, he seems like a raw talent whose game needs some polishing especially with respect to his tackling... He's got good ball skills but he'd do well if he pull out a note and a pen and took some notes from JJ on how to accurately lob a few passes to his players... All in all, he seems like a real hungry player (emphasis on hungry) looking to make rapid strides to better things in pro football. 8)
Biafra
Egg
Egg

Post by Biafra »

Additionally too, he is a student of Federal University of Science and Tech, Owerri, Imo State and combines football with academic pursuit. He debuted for Eagles in the last LG Cup in Lagos. His 30-yard sizzling shot came-off the cross-bar for Emeka Akwueme to nod in for Nigeria's first goal against Jordan.

Igwe is burly and has fightening pace akin to Wayne Rooney. He is inexperienced but with time, should be another Yak. What else do you need man?
...all for the good of the game, for 'football is full of idiots and egotists; men obsessed with squeezing out every last penny from the game that gives them a living'.
wawa
Egg
Egg

Post by wawa »

Gomezriis: Ask you can see many on the forum are not as cynical as some. I do like your retort though to a particular individuals knowledge of Nigerian players. He asked for it if you ask me.
Denmark was awesome yesterday, a pity they did not win.
May be one of these days we'll meet you guys again for a pay back for France 1998.
Goodluck to your team.
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

GOMEZRIIS:
The following are links to two recent discussions on this forum re Obiefule

viewtopic.php?t=10024&highlight=obiefule

viewtopic.php?t=11900&highlight=obiefule
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

My bro, nor be CCC fault if some durty agent because of money carry am go some unknown club for Denmark. Hopefully he will move on to bigger and better things because his talent suggests it. He just needs some element of luck now.

Also, I can tell you stories of our players ending up in strange lands because of Agents and players greed. Na money kill am my bro. BTW! I must add our NFA lot are not to be exonorated, they are all a part of this disgusting player sales and this includes our coaches. :x :x :x :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.