WC Qualifying Trivia: Oceania Group!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
WC Qualifying Trivia: Oceania Group!

Post by YUJAM »

I just heard about this the other day and I was shocked.

The trivia question is as follows:
What team beat out New Zealand for a play-off game against Australia to determine who gets to play the S American 5th place team for a spot in the next World Cup?
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by original skeepolah »

Easter Island!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

You are actually quite close. Lemme give you a hint:

It is an island very close to New Zealand. :lol: And its residents do not look too different from you and me..
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Ghana! Ok Just kidding, samoua or Fiji!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WINNERMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by WINNERMAN »

lt was Solomons lsland. They edged out not beat NZ.l will explain when l have more time.
As for me and my house we will serve the LORD.-----JOSHUA 24 VS 15.

Life in Christ is not a change,it is an exchange. Your ashes for his beauty,your weakness for his strenght ,your destiny assured and a bonus of a victorious life on earth. lt is an irrestitible exchange.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

WINNERMAN wrote:lt was Solomons lsland. They edged out not beat NZ.l will explain when l have more time.
they threatened to divide New Zelands golkeeper into two. seeing this new zealand caved
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

What???
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by original skeepolah »

Chineke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Yup it was the Solomon Islands. They did not beat New Zealand in the premliminary round of the Oceania group but managed to garner more pts.

Australia will play Solomon Islands next year to determine who plays against the 5th place S American team.

BTW, these guys look very black. We tend to ignore the fact that those Pacific Islands are populated by folks of African descent!
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
WINNERMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by WINNERMAN »

YUJAM wrote:Yup it was the Solomon Islands. They did not beat New Zealand in the premliminary round of the Oceania group but managed to garner more pts.

Australia will play Solomon Islands next year to determine who plays against the 5th place S American team.

BTW, these guys look very black. We tend to ignore the fact that those Pacific Islands are populated by folks of African descent!
They garnered more points by drawing with Australia .Many comentators are of the opinion that Australia allowed them to draw in order to edge out NZ who are major threats to Australian aspirations.
As for me and my house we will serve the LORD.-----JOSHUA 24 VS 15.

Life in Christ is not a change,it is an exchange. Your ashes for his beauty,your weakness for his strenght ,your destiny assured and a bonus of a victorious life on earth. lt is an irrestitible exchange.