Falcons get half pay

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

naija4ever
Egg
Egg
Location: Latitude 14' 40 N Longitude 90' 31 W(Nollywood 4Ever)
Falcons get half pay

Post by naija4ever »

The Super Falcons who were supposed to travel out for their pre-Olympic Games training tour of Germany on Monday have received part payment of their camp allowances as their trip to has been postponed.

Coach of the team, Mr. Ismaila Mabo, on Monday confirmed that they were paid on Saturday, but added that the authorities had promised to pay the balance before embarking on the trip on Monday, June 21.

He, however, would not disclose the amount paid to the players, noting that his wards were not complaining.

The girls who have been training in Abuja will head for Stuttgart where they will be having their final tune-up before featuring in the games of Athens 2004.

Mabo said the team's programme had not been affected by the rescheduling of their trip as he would simply continue with his training programmes.

He also said that he expected full preparations from home, noting that the training tour would just be an added tonic for a better performance.

Meanwhile, the Director of Sports, Chief Patrick Ekeji, was with the players on Sunday night to brief them on the travelling arrangements for the country's contingent.

He said the Ministry of Sports and Social Development readjusted its tour itinerary due to the three-day strike embarked upon by the Nigeria Labour Congress.

While table tennis, badminton, basketball, tennis, weightlifting and wrestling will leave on June 15, taekwondo and judo are scheduled to leave on Tuesday, June 14.

http://www.punchng.com/sports/article06
Schillachi wrote:Thanks Ghana. I hope this defeat will forever cure us of our colonial mentality when it comes to Coaches...

mystic wrote:
Now, we can criticise CCC for this, that and the other - some of which is warranted, and some of which is complete hogwash. But, in my view, these are the prinicipal areas in which he has been a disappointment.
All the same, I salute Christian Chukwu for his efforts, his selflessness and his hard work. He has served his country to the best of his ability. The predicament that we are in, right now, is not soley of his making and we should all keep that in mind.

The two players are in different worlds. Ade is too young to be compared to Kanu. Kanu has been around and has raked in laurels upon laurels. If he is not scoring, he is assisting; and if he is not, he is entertaining ... one of the finest players in the world. Please for past times, compare Kanu to Brazilian Socrates..bbc606
ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

i wouldnt really callit half pay.they were paid uptill the 14th of June and will get the remaining seven day balance before they travel on the 21st.
the players recieve 500 naira daily while the officials get a thousand naira daily
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

$500 used to mean something in Nigeria as a Medium of Exchange. Those are the Days.
naija4ever
Egg
Egg
Location: Latitude 14' 40 N Longitude 90' 31 W(Nollywood 4Ever)

Post by naija4ever »

GUEST wrote:$500 used to mean something in Nigeria as a Medium of Exchange. Those are the Days.
He said 500naira which is less than 4dollars :evil: :x :shock:
Schillachi wrote:Thanks Ghana. I hope this defeat will forever cure us of our colonial mentality when it comes to Coaches...

mystic wrote:
Now, we can criticise CCC for this, that and the other - some of which is warranted, and some of which is complete hogwash. But, in my view, these are the prinicipal areas in which he has been a disappointment.
All the same, I salute Christian Chukwu for his efforts, his selflessness and his hard work. He has served his country to the best of his ability. The predicament that we are in, right now, is not soley of his making and we should all keep that in mind.

The two players are in different worlds. Ade is too young to be compared to Kanu. Kanu has been around and has raked in laurels upon laurels. If he is not scoring, he is assisting; and if he is not, he is entertaining ... one of the finest players in the world. Please for past times, compare Kanu to Brazilian Socrates..bbc606