Dutch dig own grave by leaving out Kluivert – Beckenbauer

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

naija4ever
Egg
Egg
Location: Latitude 14' 40 N Longitude 90' 31 W(Nollywood 4Ever)
Dutch dig own grave by leaving out Kluivert – Beckenbauer

Post by naija4ever »

German legend, Franz Beckenbauer, believes the Netherlands are shooting themselves in the foot by choosing to leave Patrick Kluivert and Roy Makaay on the substitutes' bench for Tuesday's powder-keg Euro 2004 opener with Germany in Oporto.

Dutch chief, d#$% Advocaat, is to start with Manchester United's Ruud van Nistelrooy as a lone marksman, backed up by two wingers, with Barcelona striker, Kluivert, and Bayern Munich's in-form front-man, Makaay, left out in the cold.

"The Netherlands have great strikers in Makaay, van Nistelrooy and Kluivert but they are only playing one," Beckenbauer told his column in daily Bild. "They are depriving themselves of their best qualities and shooting themselves in the foot."

Beckenbauer, who coached Germany to 1990 World Cup glory, knows all about the rivalry with neighbours, Netherlands, having inspired Germany as a player to a 2-1 win over Johan Cruyff and company in the 1974 World Cup final.

"It all started in 1974 and then in 1988 the temperatures were raised further with (Ronald) Koeman wiping his behind with the German shirt."

Despite the rivalry on the pitch, Beckenbauer hopes it does not escalate out of control.

"I find it unsuitable to talk about the second World War," added Beckenbauer. "Hopefully, Tuesday's match will just be about football."

http://www.punchng.com/sports/article05
Schillachi wrote:Thanks Ghana. I hope this defeat will forever cure us of our colonial mentality when it comes to Coaches...

mystic wrote:
Now, we can criticise CCC for this, that and the other - some of which is warranted, and some of which is complete hogwash. But, in my view, these are the prinicipal areas in which he has been a disappointment.
All the same, I salute Christian Chukwu for his efforts, his selflessness and his hard work. He has served his country to the best of his ability. The predicament that we are in, right now, is not soley of his making and we should all keep that in mind.

The two players are in different worlds. Ade is too young to be compared to Kanu. Kanu has been around and has raked in laurels upon laurels. If he is not scoring, he is assisting; and if he is not, he is entertaining ... one of the finest players in the world. Please for past times, compare Kanu to Brazilian Socrates..bbc606
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

COME ON!!!! WE ARE READY FOR YOU :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :arrow: :arrow: :idea: :!: :wink:
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Revesre Psychology. Kluivert is not in form and Beckenbuar knows this. I'm sure they are secretly hoping he plays :D :D :D
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

Come on ORANJE!!! Suya and his boys go hear wen today..abeg what time is the game.. :mrgreen:
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

7.45pm BST/GMT
SUYA

Post by SUYA »

Beckenbauer should ............... STFU !!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

This is all the Orange Clock work needs to hear !!! Poor Khan !!! :cry:
GDAY
Egg
Egg

Post by GDAY »

6.45 GMT...7.45 BST
”The strength of the Team is each individual member. The Strength of each member is the Team.”
Phil Jackson..
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Nonsense, the dutch of play affords one striker supported by wingers and the midfield, funny though it may sound, I advocate Advocaat's selection of Ruud ahead of Patrick. Kluivert is not the man he once was, i guess somewhere amidst the reckless driving and even more reckless wage demands, are his footbal boots, because from what i've seen this guys been playing dodge ball with a hot potato, bare foot for the past few seasons.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Patrick's bad form is a sad site. This gamer is so off. I would've left him off the squad - i type that as a long term fan. I hope he finds his game again. His confidence at the minute's gone.
Give Ruud the opportunity to start.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
torontoeagle
Egg
Egg

Post by torontoeagle »

All dis speculation.......shey dem go play game today.............so we go see...........
T-Dot
torontoeagle
Egg
Egg

Post by torontoeagle »

Dodo:

Dis JUAS (John Utaka Appreciation Society)......Cheii!! na wa o. I tire for you................... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dodo wrote:COME ON!!!! WE ARE READY FOR YOU :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :arrow: :arrow: :idea: :!: :wink:
T-Dot
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Dutch dig own grave by leaving out Kluivert – Beckenbaue

Post by original skeepolah »

naija4ever wrote:German legend, Franz Beckenbauer, believes the Netherlands are shooting themselves in the foot by choosing to leave Patrick Kluivert and Roy Makaay on the substitutes' bench for Tuesday's powder-keg Euro 2004 opener with Germany in Oporto.

Dutch chief, d#$% Advocaat, is to start with Manchester United's Ruud van Nistelrooy as a lone marksman, backed up by two wingers, with Barcelona striker, Kluivert, and Bayern Munich's in-form front-man, Makaay, left out in the cold.

"The Netherlands have great strikers in Makaay, van Nistelrooy and Kluivert but they are only playing one," Beckenbauer told his column in daily Bild. "They are depriving themselves of their best qualities and shooting themselves in the foot."

Beckenbauer, who coached Germany to 1990 World Cup glory, knows all about the rivalry with neighbours, Netherlands, having inspired Germany as a player to a 2-1 win over Johan Cruyff and company in the 1974 World Cup final.

"It all started in 1974 and then in 1988 the temperatures were raised further with (Ronald) Koeman wiping his behind with the German shirt."

Despite the rivalry on the pitch, Beckenbauer hopes it does not escalate out of control.

"I find it unsuitable to talk about the second World War," added Beckenbauer. "Hopefully, Tuesday's match will just be about football."

http://www.punchng.com/sports/article05
Franz Beckenbauer, shut up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!germany is dead anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: