Dos Santos apologises to Tunisia

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mblack76
Egg
Egg
Dos Santos apologises to Tunisia

Post by mblack76 »

Dos Santos (left) celebrated Sochaux's success wrapped in a Brazil shirt
Tunisia international Francileudo dos Santos has apologised to Tunisian football fans for draping himself in a Brazilian flag.

The Sochaux striker celebrated his French club's League Cup success in April with a banner from his original homeland.

The Brazilian-born striker obtained Tunisian citizenship last December, since he had spent two years in the north African nation playing for Etoile du Sahel before moving to France in 2000.

Dos Santos was a key player in the Carthage Eagles' inaugural Cup of Nations success earlier this year, but celebrated Sochaux's League Cup triumph with a Brazil flag.

Tunisia is a country close to my heart

Dos Santos upon his naturalisation last year

"I admit that this was not a wise decision from me," the 25-year-old told a Pan-Arab satellite channel in an interview.

"I should have put into consideration the feeling of the Tunisian fans."

"It was a mistake and I promise to be more considerate next time."

Sochaux beat Ligue 1 rivals Nantes on penalties to win the final and Dos Santos' post-match antics infuriated Tunisia's national media.

They accused the player of humiliating and disrespecting his adopted nationality.

Tunisia win Cup of Nations

Dos Santos was a hero for hosts Tunisia in the Nations Cup finals where he scored four goals, including the Carthage Eagles' opener goal in their 2-1 victory over Morocco in the final.

The Sochaux striker is the second Brazilian-born player to be adopted by Tunisia after Jose Clayton, with the Esperance defender having played in the last two World Cup finals for the African nation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 809359.stm
“I can play with people’s emotions when I want to make an impact. It’s one way to get the best out of people.” Jose Mourinho (March 08, 2005)
"Again Mblack, I have no beef with you as I actually respect you a lot." SAwosika (May 14, 2005)
Kenovski
Egg
Egg

Post by Kenovski »

I read the article. Interesting. I think this just shows were his heart truely lies or maybe there was no Tunisian flag available :lol:

But really, if he knew he would be selected to play for Brazil would he have ever played for Tunisia? :roll:
Everyday you can choose to the happy or sad, good or bad, full of joy or filled with anger. It takes the same amount of effort to acheive either.....

Anonymous
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Well at least Cameroon will have no such heartaches since Obagoal wisely refused their untoward advances.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
Kenovski
Egg
Egg

Post by Kenovski »

theDunamis wrote:Well at least Cameroon will have no such heartaches since Obagoal wisely refused their untoward advances.
Abi? :D
Everyday you can choose to the happy or sad, good or bad, full of joy or filled with anger. It takes the same amount of effort to acheive either.....

Anonymous
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Why are Tunisian fans crying? ... as if they didn't know that dude was a mecenary player in the first place. They can't be that naive to think that dude considers himself Tunisian. The deal was purely what it was... a deal.. Tunisia upgrades its talent while Dos Santos, a dude who couldn't smell the Brazilian bench, gets an opportunity to win the ANC + play in WC qualifiers.... so far the deal has worked out for both parties... put your touchy feelings in your pocket... this is biz, not personal for Santos :mrgreen:
mudane
Egg
Egg

Post by mudane »

The guy is only playing for Tunisia cos he cant make a place in the Brazilian team. Poor Tunisians
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

mudane wrote:The guy is only playing for Tunisia cos he cant make a place in the Brazilian team. Poor Tunisians
Please let them know!
sarkin doya
Egg
Egg

Post by sarkin doya »

This is only a natural reaction.

There are many Nigerians in North America and Europe who
have become citizens of the countries in which they reside.
If you ask them their country of allegiance they will still
point to Nigeria!!

Only with time and a new generation will the allegiance
to their fatherland become replaced with an allegiance
to the country they now call home.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Mkizito instead U posting how Idrissou apologized about his age,UR here posting news about Santos and Tunisia.I still think UR a disgrace for supporting age cheats.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^