Dortmund welcome back outcast Oliseh:Should SE do the same?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

qwerty
Egg
Egg
Dortmund welcome back outcast Oliseh:Should SE do the same?

Post by qwerty »

DORTMUND, Germany (AFP) - Bundesliga side Borussia Dortmund have agreed to take back banished Nigerian international Sunday Oliseh on a one-year deal.

The Nigerian, whose contract was due to run until 2005, was sacked after head-butting a teammate when he was loaned out to Bundesliga rivals VfL Bochum earlier this year.

But after coach Bert van Marwijk pleaded on his behalf, the 29-year-old has been forgiven and signed a one-year, performance-related deal.

"I asked Borussia to give me a last chance and I'm thrilled that they have accepted," said Oliseh.

The midfielder broke the nose of Bochum teammate Vahid Hashemian of Iran in what he claimed was a racially fuelled fracas during a league match last February.

Dortmund had loaned out the 1996 Olympic Games winner to Bochum in January 2003 to reduce their wage bill.

Oliseh was sacked by Bochum after the attack on March 1 this year and Dortmund followed suit two weeks later.
http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/040615/3/4fln.html
Last edited by qwerty on Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

So Oliseh fit BEG.
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

So Oliseh fit BEG, water don pass gari be dat.
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

good news for him , up oliseh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
mystic

Post by mystic »

I'm happy for Oliseh and wish him all the best at Dortmund. He remains a top notch player, but he should be kept off the national team to foster the continued development of the talented quartet of Chris Obodo, Seyi Olofinjana, Justice Christopher and Paul Obiefule.

Now if Oliseh wanted to come out of retirement and play for the SEs one would have to weigh the progress of our young DMs against the role that Sunday could possibly still play on the national team.
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

He shouldn't throw away this opportunity again.
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
naija4ever
Egg
Egg
Location: Latitude 14' 40 N Longitude 90' 31 W(Nollywood 4Ever)
Re: Dortmund welcome back outcast Oliseh:Should SE do the sa

Post by naija4ever »

qwerty wrote:DORTMUND, Germany (AFP) - Bundesliga side Borussia Dortmund have agreed to take back banished Nigerian international Sunday Oliseh on a one-year deal.

The Nigerian, whose contract was due to run until 2005, was sacked after head-butting a teammate when he was loaned out to Bundesliga rivals VfL Bochum earlier this year.

But after coach Bert van Marwijk pleaded on his behalf, the 29-year-old has been forgiven and signed a one-year, performance-related deal.

"I asked Borussia to give me a last chance and I'm thrilled that they have accepted," said Oliseh.

The midfielder broke the nose of Bochum teammate Vahid Hashemian of Iran in what he claimed was a racially fuelled fracas during a league match last February.

Dortmund had loaned out the 1996 Olympic Games winner to Bochum in January 2003 to reduce their wage bill.

Oliseh was sacked by Bochum after the attack on March 1 this year and Dortmund followed suit two weeks later.
http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/040615/3/4fln.html
Oliseh doesnt want to play for SE anymore, at least so he said here: viewtopic.php?t=12877
Schillachi wrote:Thanks Ghana. I hope this defeat will forever cure us of our colonial mentality when it comes to Coaches...

mystic wrote:
Now, we can criticise CCC for this, that and the other - some of which is warranted, and some of which is complete hogwash. But, in my view, these are the prinicipal areas in which he has been a disappointment.
All the same, I salute Christian Chukwu for his efforts, his selflessness and his hard work. He has served his country to the best of his ability. The predicament that we are in, right now, is not soley of his making and we should all keep that in mind.

The two players are in different worlds. Ade is too young to be compared to Kanu. Kanu has been around and has raked in laurels upon laurels. If he is not scoring, he is assisting; and if he is not, he is entertaining ... one of the finest players in the world. Please for past times, compare Kanu to Brazilian Socrates..bbc606
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Cheeiiii, this gives added incentive to watch the BVB vs. Bayern Munchen to see how Oliseh deals with his headbutting victim....
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

I don't care what happens to Oliseh as long as he doesn't insult CCC or the SE. As long as I'm concerned, he can play on the moon as long as CCC is the coach of the SE because I know his black #$% won't see the SE again with CCC as coach.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Good one Sunday, now show Dortmund fans what they've been missing
mufu baba iyabo
Egg
Egg
Location: Never mind what u've left behind,keep in mind what u're yet to find"

Post by mufu baba iyabo »

Is Sammer still the coach at Dortmund? if he is, then OLISEH will not "see" first team soccer. sammer believes so much in the Brazillians. Oliseh should go to Qatar :lol: at least he rake in some dollars as retirement benefits. :mrgreen:
"Heineken refreshes the parts other beers cannot reach". "Nos nihil effisere non possimus"- "To us Nothing is impossible"
dapo lawal
Egg
Egg

Post by dapo lawal »

Why stop at Oliseh, I think we should call back Segun Odegbami, Henry Nwosu, and Okala.

Hell, why not make CCC a player manager too.

Nigerians hate progress. Move on man, Oliseh time is gone.

:x :x
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Why are you guys falling for this crap. Oliseh did not beg and Borussia did not just magically forgive him. The truth is that the team is in dire financial circumstances and they cannot afford to pay him off the rest of his contract in advance, which they will need to do if they "sack" him.

So the best option for both parties is to let him "play" out the rest of his contract (1 year). It will be interesting to see how much playing time he gets next season.
To stop trying is to start dying
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

qwerty wrote:DORTMUND, Germany (AFP) -

I wonder for my peeps. Dortmund have a new coach - the Dutchman Bert van Marwijk. Sammer has moved to Stuttgart (I think). The story from Germany is that the new coach told the Dortmund board that he wants Oliseh and that he is too much of a quality player to be discarded.
Decky
Egg
Egg

Post by Decky »

Shownoja wrote:Why are you guys falling for this crap. Oliseh did not beg and Borussia did not just magically forgive him. The truth is that the team is in dire financial circumstances and they cannot afford to pay him off the rest of his contract in advance, which they will need to do if they "sack" him.

So the best option for both parties is to let him "play" out the rest of his contract (1 year). It will be interesting to see how much playing time he gets next season.
Shownoja, u got it right, those folks are too broke to pay Oliseh off. The best bet for them is to let him play..

If this gist is right then Oliseh has a chance to get things sorted out for himself.
What's the difference between school & life?
In school, you are taught a lesson and given a test.
In life, you are given a test that teaches you a lesson.

A genius is made of 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.
bayo
Egg
Egg

Post by bayo »

CIC Old Boy,

Thanks for your response. Yours is the one that hit the bulls eye.

Here is the link to the story on the BBC website:
<a href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 811635.stm"> Oliseh Back to Dortmund</a>
Veni, Vidi, Vici
ofilis
Egg
Egg

Post by ofilis »

cic old boy wrote:
qwerty wrote:DORTMUND, Germany (AFP) -

I wonder for my peeps. Dortmund have a new coach - the Dutchman Bert van Marwijk. Sammer has moved to Stuttgart (I think). The story from Germany is that the new coach told the Dortmund board that he wants Oliseh and that he is too much of a quality player to be discarded.
cic old boy:
Thank you my man. Some forumers just read the headlines and jump to conclusions.
http://www.thetimesofnigeria.com

The Times of Nigeria.
Breaking the news as it happens!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

mystic wrote:I'm happy for Oliseh and wish him all the best at Dortmund. He remains a top notch player, but he should be kept off the national team to foster the continued development of the talented quartet of Chris Obodo, Seyi Olofinjana, Justice Christopher and Paul Obiefule.

Now if Oliseh wanted to come out of retirement and play for the SEs one would have to weigh the progress of our young DMs against the role that Sunday could possibly still play on the national team.
My bro, these days he plays as a CD, I would have him there for his sound knowledge and advise, certainly not as a player. I also want Lawal out of the team as soon as Baba, Melkam and Udeze are back.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

mufu baba iyabo wrote:Is Sammer still the coach at Dortmund? if he is, then OLISEH will not "see" first team soccer. sammer believes so much in the Brazillians. Oliseh should go to Qatar :lol: at least he rake in some dollars as retirement benefits. :mrgreen:
Sammer has been fired. He has a new job with another club which name skips my mind as present. Yep Sttugart, whose coach Maggarth is now Bayern new coach.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Dog Bruno
Egg
Egg

Post by Dog Bruno »

elerineye wrote:So Oliseh fit BEG, water don pass gari be dat.

Dude was never convicted......Only your type (street justice and the halfbaked Naija media) convicted Oliseh.

You still haven't found capable replacement for Oliseh. We shall see if we qualify for the WC devoid of his/their involvement.

You people just make a lotta noise.
You are Your Own Dog
ofilis
Egg
Egg

Post by ofilis »

Dog Bruno wrote:
elerineye wrote:So Oliseh fit BEG, water don pass gari be dat.

Dude was never convicted......Only your type (street justice and the halfbaked Naija media) convicted Oliseh.

You still haven't found capable replacement for Oliseh. We shall see if we qualify for the WC devoid of his/their involvement.

You people just make a lotta noise.
Thank you. They are just yarning opaks. The truth will always prevail.
http://www.thetimesofnigeria.com

The Times of Nigeria.
Breaking the news as it happens!
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

Oliseh can still play for us (Super EAGLES)In the Defence - maybe as one of our center defeders.
duduninja
Egg
Egg

Post by duduninja »

let us not forget that Oliseh is the reason why we did not win the AFCON 04....we did not have that DM who cud control the flow of the game and dish out occasional through balls, Olofinjana was ineffective in this dept.

Oliseh has done so much for the country, and no sin is unforgivable so he should be brought back to the SE team, not necessarily as a player, but probably a mentor of some sorts...he could help sharpen CO SO and all
Oga no go die unless to ba d'arugbo