Dortmund welcome back outcast Oliseh:Should SE do the same?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ofilis
Egg
Egg

Post by ofilis »

duduninja wrote:let us not forget that Oliseh is the reason why we did not win the AFCON 04....we did not have that DM who cud control the flow of the game and dish out occasional through balls, Olofinjana was ineffective in this dept.

Oliseh has done so much for the country, and no sin is unforgivable so he should be brought back to the SE team, not necessarily as a player, but probably a mentor of some sorts...he could help sharpen CO SO and all
Good talk.
http://www.thetimesofnigeria.com

The Times of Nigeria.
Breaking the news as it happens!
motopamba
Egg
Egg

Post by motopamba »

Benefit of bringing Oliseh back is his defensive ability. The negative is his bigmanism.

For me, I will take a rough but hungry Olofinjana wey one day go learn how to pass the ball and tackle properly than Oga Oliseh who for try shoot free kick from halfway line and create bonus wahala.

So make him enjoy Dortmund and not come anywhere near SE.
mufu baba iyabo
Egg
Egg
Location: Never mind what u've left behind,keep in mind what u're yet to find"

Post by mufu baba iyabo »

Oliseh is a powerful man in most of the European leagues :mrgreen: Italy,Holland, Germany,Beligium and etc. :roll: . I know the guy will always be back, even if he commits murder :roll: FYI, Oliseh has a big stake in Reggianna of Italy. Him and hin :oops: broda dey control that club :mrgreen: :shock: :lol:
"Heineken refreshes the parts other beers cannot reach". "Nos nihil effisere non possimus"- "To us Nothing is impossible"
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

duduninja wrote:let us not forget that Oliseh is the reason why we did not win the AFCON 04....we did not have that DM who cud control the flow of the game and dish out occasional through balls, Olofinjana was ineffective in this dept.

Oliseh has done so much for the country, and no sin is unforgivable so he should be brought back to the SE team, not necessarily as a player, but probably a mentor of some sorts...he could help sharpen CO SO and all
....going by that reasoning, we should have won the ANC in 2000 and 2002 then!

I like Oliseh, but he is past his Eagles' sell-by date. Time to pension him off and reward him for his meritorious services to our beloved country with a testimonial.
Gotti
Re: Dortmund welcome back outcast Oliseh:Should SE do the sa

Post by Gotti »

cic old boy wrote:
qwerty wrote:DORTMUND, Germany (AFP) -

But after coach Bert van Marwijk pleaded on his behalf, the 29-year-old has been forgiven and signed a one-year, performance-related deal.
I wonder for my peeps. Dortmund have a new coach - the Dutchman Bert van Marwijk. Sammer has moved to Stuttgart (I think). The story from Germany is that the new coach told the Dortmund board that he wants Oliseh and that he is too much of a quality player to be discarded.
Without prejudice, I suspect that this is actually a Finidi-type "minutes for dollars" deal.
ofilis
Egg
Egg
Re: Dortmund welcome back outcast Oliseh:Should SE do the sa

Post by ofilis »

Gotti wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
qwerty wrote:DORTMUND, Germany (AFP) -

But after coach Bert van Marwijk pleaded on his behalf, the 29-year-old has been forgiven and signed a one-year, performance-related deal.
I wonder for my peeps. Dortmund have a new coach - the Dutchman Bert van Marwijk. Sammer has moved to Stuttgart (I think). The story from Germany is that the new coach told the Dortmund board that he wants Oliseh and that he is too much of a quality player to be discarded.
Without prejudice, I suspect that this is actually a Finidi-type "minutes for dollars" deal.
Gotti:
I will be supprised if Oliseh accepts such a deal. I doubt it.
http://www.thetimesofnigeria.com

The Times of Nigeria.
Breaking the news as it happens!
Baii
Egg
Egg

Post by Baii »

I wonder who is telling the truth here. I taught that he won his case in court.
“A fanatic is one who entrenches himself in invincible ignorance.”

― OSWALD CHAMBERS, Baffled to Fight Better
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Anyone who still advocates for the very much slowed down Sunday Oliseh in the Eagles after watching Fernando Cuoto in Euro 2004 needs a torrent of abuse thrown at them.

Look at how Greece were gliding past Cuoto for fun but see how Cavalho made sure this did not happen against Russia. France are unlikely to play Marcel Dessailly in the tournament and Cameroon have dropped Lucien Mettomo and are looking for a replacement for Song.

In this day and age where strikers are getting quicker and quicker, it is sheer folly, naivete and suicide to play slow defenders against them. I wish Sunday Oliseh all the best of luck at Borrussia Dortmund but he is too old for the national team.

Just as the likes of Maldini, Radebe and Prosenitski have retired from international football, so too has Oliseh's time past. I want to see Lawal, Taribo, Kanu and Akwuegbu too phased out of the team in the run-up to Germany 2006, with Okocha retiring immediately after the World Cup.
legend
Egg
Egg

Post by legend »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Anyone who still advocates for the very much slowed down Sunday Oliseh in the Eagles after watching Fernando Cuoto in Euro 2004 needs a torrent of abuse thrown at them.

Look at how Greece were gliding past Cuoto for fun but see how Cavalho made sure this did not happen against Russia. France are unlikely to play Marcel Dessailly in the tournament and Cameroon have dropped Lucien Mettomo and are looking for a replacement for Song.

In this day and age where strikers are getting quicker and quicker, it is sheer folly, naivete and suicide to play slow defenders against them. I wish Sunday Oliseh all the best of luck at Borrussia Dortmund but he is too old for the national team.

Just as the likes of Maldini, Radebe and Prosenitski have retired from international football, so too has Oliseh's time past. I want to see Lawal, Taribo, Kanu and Akwuegbu too phased out of the team in the run-up to Germany 2006, with Okocha retiring immediately after the World Cup.

When it comes to writing crap, man you are simply UNTOUCHABLE.
Comparing playing in the bundesliga with dortmund and fooling around in Norway's mickey mouse league.
You are one f-cking analyst
Apart from my usual Amodu rantings all in all. He has done very well and the laurels and records speak for itself - MI5

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=157957