Amasiemaka tackles Ogunjobi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

naija4ever
Egg
Egg
Location: Latitude 14' 40 N Longitude 90' 31 W(Nollywood 4Ever)
Amasiemaka tackles Ogunjobi

Post by naija4ever »

Former Green Eagles player, Adokie Amasiemaka has described as ridiculous, FA decision to beg Portsmouth’s strongman Yakubu Aiyegbeni, his counterpart Celestine Babayaro of Chelsea United and Victor Agali of Schalke 04 of Germany to play for the country

Speaking in an interview with Daily Independent from his Port-Harcourt base yesterday, Amasiemaka said what Taiwo Ogunjobi, the Nigeria Football Association scribe did was the last thing expected from the football house, saying that with the decision to beg, they have succeeded in setting a very bad precedent for the nation and for those who are coming behind them.

He wondered why the trio who broke camp rules and regulations at the just concluded Nations Cup held in Tunisia would be the ones dictating to the nation instead of apologising for the wrong and embarrassment they caused us.

The furious Amasiemaka said it is a pride to wear the nation’s jersey noting that when it gets to a point where such players would have to be begged to play, then it speaks volume about the kind of people who sit atop football matters in this country.

“It a shame, it is ridiculous, it is highly disturbing to see Ogunjobi on the national television telling Aiyegbeni to let bye gone be bye gone. It is highly disturbing to hear that Ogunjobi had to go on his knees to beg Aiyegbeni to come and play for this country”, he said.

“I have never heard of any country’s FA begging any player to come and wear their nation’s colour. It is only in this country that things like this can happen”, the embittered Amasiemaka summed up.

http://www.dailyindependentng.com/daily ... 160402.htm
Schillachi wrote:Thanks Ghana. I hope this defeat will forever cure us of our colonial mentality when it comes to Coaches...

mystic wrote:
Now, we can criticise CCC for this, that and the other - some of which is warranted, and some of which is complete hogwash. But, in my view, these are the prinicipal areas in which he has been a disappointment.
All the same, I salute Christian Chukwu for his efforts, his selflessness and his hard work. He has served his country to the best of his ability. The predicament that we are in, right now, is not soley of his making and we should all keep that in mind.

The two players are in different worlds. Ade is too young to be compared to Kanu. Kanu has been around and has raked in laurels upon laurels. If he is not scoring, he is assisting; and if he is not, he is entertaining ... one of the finest players in the world. Please for past times, compare Kanu to Brazilian Socrates..bbc606
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

This is the problem with Nigeria. Everybody is a big man. Colomentality is very bad. But we shall see.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.
Dr. Wazobia
Egg
Egg

Post by Dr. Wazobia »

The NFA are just clueless baboons or should I call them 'fat cats'.

Zombie nation.
--- Let brotherly love continue ---
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Is this the same guy who was reported to have checked out the gallows in PH prision prior to the execution of Saro-Wiwa? I have no time or respect for him!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)