A female former magistrate in PH confesses that she killed

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

naija4ever
Egg
Egg
Location: Latitude 14' 40 N Longitude 90' 31 W(Nollywood 4Ever)
A female former magistrate in PH confesses that she killed

Post by naija4ever »

...her own children in a hotel room
When Betty Bob-Manuel, a former magistrate of the Rivers State high court walked up to the Rivers Sate Police Command in Port Harcourt recently and confessed to the killing of her two children, not a few people were surprised. The confession appeared to be the climax of a case dating back to 1999 when she was detained as a suspect for allegedly strangling her two children, Frankinscent and Yasarim Amos Eneribe to death in September 1999. She had denied the crime then.
Bob-Manuel, on getting to the station that morning asked to see the police commissioner, Sylvester Araba. When she was granted audience, the former magistrate confessed that she actually killed her two children, a boy and a girl, aged 7 and 9 by strangling them. She requested that an earlier bail granted her be revoked and asked to be detained.

She, however, alleged that she did not carry out the act wilfully but was under the influence of an occultic syndicate. "I am aware of what killed my children. My hands were used to strangle them, but I was manipulated by those controlling me," she said. She further threatened to expose all the occultic activities on the condition that she be taken into custody to be free from the syndicate." I know the syndicate. I have seen them face -to-face. They have been murdering people, using them for rituals. They include even my close friends, family members and pastors. I am ready to bear it all with clear evidence, but I am not going to give details until I see people that I am comfortable with," she said. For her to expose the cult, Bob-Manuel said a press conference must also be called where she would tell the world what she knew.

Bob-Manuel, a member of the popular Bob-Manuel family of Abonnema in Akuku Toru Local Government of Rivers State, and a law graduate of the Bayero University, Kano, BUK, was married to an Imo State-born businessman. Due to differences in their relationship, the couples were separated but Frankinscent and Yasarim, the fruits of the marriage remained a binding factor as they alternated their stays with both parents. At the time of the tragedy, Bob-Manuel was said to have gone to pick the children from their father for a weekend after which she took them to a hotel in Port Harcourt metropolis. A driver whom she had called to pick them up from the hotel, however, raised alarm when he saw her carrying the corpses to the car.

After some time in detention, she was transferred to a Psychiatric Hospital at Port Harcourt. A few years later, she was said to have recovered and was released from the mental home. She later allegedly converted to the Redeemed Christian Church of God in Port Harcourt where her elder sister and her husband are said to be ministers.

The latest confession of Bob-Manuel has thrown up some questions as to her real mental state and the truth behind her syndicate story. Some version had it then in 1999 when the incident occurred that she had killed the children to spite her former husband and father of the children with whom she had an irreconcilable difference. Some others, however, alleged that the ritual syndicate really exists and that her conscience was troubled by deeds of the past hence the confession.

Ireju Juliet Barasua, an assistant superintendent of Police and police public relations officer of the Rivers State Police Command, told Newswatch that it was a case of mental derangement hence, the culprit could not be detained as she had requested. She confirmed that Bob-Manuel had earlier been detained at the command at the initial period of the case but sent to a psychiatric hospital for treatment. "How can a normal person kill her own children? I think it is more of a spiritual case," she opined.

Golden Tamuno, a Port Harcourt lawyer, who is familiar with the case, agreed with the police officer. "To every general rule there is an exception and insanity is one of such in criminal law. For you to be convicted of an offence, you must have a prior intention to perform that crime, that is when you are liable," he said. According to him, the police were justified in not taking her recent allegations seriously because they believed she was speaking as an insane person.

Efforts to speak with Bob-Manuel's family members failed, but a former room mate of the former magistrate at BUK in the 1990's told Newswatch in Port Harcourt that she was not surprised at the case as she was known to have erratic mood swings even while at the university. Newswatch also gathered that Bob-Manuel's term as a magistrate in Port Harcourt was short-lived as the authorities reportedly discovered her mental inconsistencies and decided to relieve her of the position even before the unfortunate murder of her children.

http://odili.net/news/source/2004/jun/15/44.html
Schillachi wrote:Thanks Ghana. I hope this defeat will forever cure us of our colonial mentality when it comes to Coaches...

mystic wrote:
Now, we can criticise CCC for this, that and the other - some of which is warranted, and some of which is complete hogwash. But, in my view, these are the prinicipal areas in which he has been a disappointment.
All the same, I salute Christian Chukwu for his efforts, his selflessness and his hard work. He has served his country to the best of his ability. The predicament that we are in, right now, is not soley of his making and we should all keep that in mind.

The two players are in different worlds. Ade is too young to be compared to Kanu. Kanu has been around and has raked in laurels upon laurels. If he is not scoring, he is assisting; and if he is not, he is entertaining ... one of the finest players in the world. Please for past times, compare Kanu to Brazilian Socrates..bbc606