Nigerians in UK send N235bn home every year

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

naija4ever
Egg
Egg
Location: Latitude 14' 40 N Longitude 90' 31 W(Nollywood 4Ever)
Nigerians in UK send N235bn home every year

Post by naija4ever »

Nigerians in the United Kingdom send about N235 billion to Nigeria every year, the President, Nigerian British Forum, Mr. Afolabi Andu, has said. The NBF is an umbrella body for all Nigerian professional groups based in the UK.
An assets analysis carried out by the Nigeria Trade and Investment Centre, London, which was made available to our correspondent on Monday showed that total assets of Nigerians in the UK is worth about 94 billion pounds sterling.

The assets, he said, were in form of real estate (84 billion Pound Sterling); vehicles (seven billion Pound Sterling); and stocks and shares (three billion Pound Sterling).

He said that while the accurate figures of Nigerians living in the UK were not available, the Home Office had put the number at two million. Andu explained that the core-working group of Nigerians in the UK spend about N1.645 trillion every year out of which N235 billion was transferred back to Nigeria.

The rest expenditure, he added, was being spent on tax, insurance, loan and interest, mortgages, house maintenance, transportation, feeding, leisure and children’s education.

http://odili.net/news/source/2004/jun/15/408.html
Schillachi wrote:Thanks Ghana. I hope this defeat will forever cure us of our colonial mentality when it comes to Coaches...

mystic wrote:
Now, we can criticise CCC for this, that and the other - some of which is warranted, and some of which is complete hogwash. But, in my view, these are the prinicipal areas in which he has been a disappointment.
All the same, I salute Christian Chukwu for his efforts, his selflessness and his hard work. He has served his country to the best of his ability. The predicament that we are in, right now, is not soley of his making and we should all keep that in mind.

The two players are in different worlds. Ade is too young to be compared to Kanu. Kanu has been around and has raked in laurels upon laurels. If he is not scoring, he is assisting; and if he is not, he is entertaining ... one of the finest players in the world. Please for past times, compare Kanu to Brazilian Socrates..bbc606
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Half that amount came from me alone :lol: !
http://www.naijiant.com/
lowzeewee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by lowzeewee »

And the other half from OBJ's cronies... :roll:
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

lowzeewee wrote:And the other half from OBJ's cronies... :roll:
don't think his cronies will send money back o.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nigerians in UK send N235bn home every year

Post by Damunk »

naija4ever wrote:Nigerians in the United Kingdom send about N235 billion to Nigeria every year, the President, Nigerian British Forum, Mr. Afolabi Andu, has said. The NBF is an umbrella body for all Nigerian professional groups based in the UK.
An assets analysis carried out by the Nigeria Trade and Investment Centre, London, which was made available to our correspondent on Monday showed that total assets of Nigerians in the UK is worth about 94 billion pounds sterling.

The assets, he said, were in form of real estate (84 billion Pound Sterling); vehicles (seven billion Pound Sterling); and stocks and shares (three billion Pound Sterling).

He said that while the accurate figures of Nigerians living in the UK were not available, the Home Office had put the number at two million. Andu explained that the core-working group of Nigerians in the UK spend about N1.645 trillion every year out of which N235 billion was transferred back to Nigeria.

The rest expenditure, he added, was being spent on tax, insurance, loan and interest, mortgages, house maintenance, transportation, feeding, leisure and children’s education.

Two million Nigerians in the UK?
Thats a bit much.
The population of the whole of Wales, which is 96% white, is estimated at under 3million.

2m accounts for about 3.4% of the UK population (59m).

Where did those numbers spring from?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
lowzeewee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by lowzeewee »

Ipe Grams wrote:
lowzeewee wrote:And the other half from OBJ's cronies... :roll:
don't think his cronies will send money back o.
Secret transactions between England bank and Nigerian bank and vice versa o. :shock: 8) Chei! Una not supposed to know sha. :lol:
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Those numbers are incorrect. This is junk Journalism. :roll:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
naija4ever
Egg
Egg

Post by naija4ever »

Gooner1 wrote:Those numbers are incorrect. This is junk Journalism. :roll:
Could you give the correct numbers from trusted source pls? :roll: :x
Schillachi wrote:Thanks Ghana. I hope this defeat will forever cure us of our colonial mentality when it comes to Coaches...

mystic wrote:
Now, we can criticise CCC for this, that and the other - some of which is warranted, and some of which is complete hogwash. But, in my view, these are the prinicipal areas in which he has been a disappointment.
All the same, I salute Christian Chukwu for his efforts, his selflessness and his hard work. He has served his country to the best of his ability. The predicament that we are in, right now, is not soley of his making and we should all keep that in mind.

The two players are in different worlds. Ade is too young to be compared to Kanu. Kanu has been around and has raked in laurels upon laurels. If he is not scoring, he is assisting; and if he is not, he is entertaining ... one of the finest players in the world. Please for past times, compare Kanu to Brazilian Socrates..bbc606
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Damunk wrote: Two million Nigerians in the UK?
Thats a bit much.
The population of the whole of Wales, which is 96% white, is estimated at under 3million.

2m accounts for about 3.4% of the UK population (59m).

Where did those numbers spring from?
The last census showed there to be 485,277 persons who were of Black African origin in the UK. If we allow for recent immigration, birth, pali-less persons and other who dodged the census, and even irrationally assume all these Africans are Nigerians, it is still way short of 2 million.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Could you give the correct numbers from trusted source pls?
Thank U AreaDaddy Naija4 wherever check your stats first before you dey post. Saves on server space and embarrassssment :roll:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
naija4ever
Egg
Egg

Post by naija4ever »

Gooner1 wrote:
Could you give the correct numbers from trusted source pls?
Thank U AreaDaddy Naija4 wherever check your stats first before you dey post. Saves on server space and embarrassssment :roll:
I still didnt see any links to what AD wrote, could u provide the link pls, at least I put the links to mine for verifications, and BTW i didnt write the article :evil: :x

mystic wrote:

AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I think it is safe to conclude that Mr afolabi Andu is talking jazz.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by original skeepolah »

naija4ever wrote:Nigerians in the United Kingdom send about N235 billion to Nigeria every year, the President, Nigerian British Forum, Mr. Afolabi Andu, has said. The NBF is an umbrella body for all Nigerian professional groups based in the UK.

:roll: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?
Jinn
Egg
Egg

Post by Jinn »

so how come the nigerian economy is not feeling the effect of this capital infusion?
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by original skeepolah »

Jinn wrote:so how come the nigerian economy is not feeling the effect of this capital infusion?

We have more hoards and money mongers home, thats why!!!!!!!!!!!