English FA dropped the ball against France

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

lagos777
Egg
Egg
English FA dropped the ball against France

Post by lagos777 »

FA defends Zidane video

James was beaten by Zidane's free-kick in stoppage time
The Football Association has defended the video which they produced to help David James against France.
"There was no footage of (Zinedine) Zidane's free-kicks. I'll have to have a word with whoever put that together," England goalkeeper James revealed.

But an FA spokesman said: "We taped all France's recent games, and highlighted all the significant set-pieces.

"The fact is there were no free-kicks by Zidane during that period that were at all threatening."

Zidane's stoppage time free-kick against England drew France level at 1-1, before the Real Madrid star added a penalty to complete their 2-1 victory.

James admitted: "We watched the compilation tape of France in the build-up to the game to look at their set-piece plays, corners and free-kicks."

However, he was left unprepared for Zidane's moment of magic.

Four years ago, Zidane did score with a free-kick in the last European Championships in Holland and Belgium, curling in a shot in the quarter-finals against Spain.

France coach Jacques Santini compiled video tapes of recent penalties taken by not only Beckham but also his potential stand-in, Michael Owen.

"I got the team to watch countless video tapes of Beckham and Owen taking penalties," said Santini.

"Beckham always hit them to the left, normally lower but always to the left."

From BBC sports
Mike Ditka quote :
"I didn't say it in those general terms but I said it like that".
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Every detail at this level is critical. Leave no stone unturned... :x
Soldier of Fortune...
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

I have answered this on another thread. James too is guilty, he should have done his own homework. He should have asked Beckham, about Zizou. I still cannot belive this guy, because everyone knows about Zizou from dead ball positions.

Also, James made the mistake of trying to second guess Zizou, he moved early to his left thinking the ball was going over the wall. Zizou outfoxed him and placed it on his right. It was a mistake by James to second guess.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

No amount of Video game, I mean video watching would help James.
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?