Oliseh is living proof that being tough is the only way

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Otuoma Wuon Ogolo
Egg
Egg
Oliseh is living proof that being tough is the only way

Post by Otuoma Wuon Ogolo »

After breaking Iranian's nose, Oliseh is now very respected. No player would risk hurling racial epithets at Oliseh again. Oliseh should be recalled to lead SE to victory again. He is a player who knows his rights and should never be taken for granted.
I am sure CCC will recall him soon. We need to see this kind of toughness more often. It is time our African players stopped turning the other cheek and confronted racism wherever possible.
Shame on Dortmund for getting rid of Oliseh and then having to take him back on his own terms.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 811635.stm

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the boisterous sea of liberty."
Thomas Jefferson
ofilis
Egg
Egg

Post by ofilis »

I second that. However, Oliseh does not want to be a part of the SE anymore and I respect his decision. He has done enough already.
http://www.thetimesofnigeria.com

The Times of Nigeria.
Breaking the news as it happens!
Otuoma Wuon Ogolo
Egg
Egg

Post by Otuoma Wuon Ogolo »

No person would turn down an opportunity to play for his motherland. Given a chance, I am sure Oliseh would gladly wear the SE colors again. Playing for one's country enhances stature and increases a player's value if the team performs miracles. Even with Obafemi Martins who resisted Nigerian attempts to field him knew that it would only be a matter of time before he gave in. I believe some experts explained to him that it would hurt his career rather than help if he never represented his country.

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the boisterous sea of liberty."
Thomas Jefferson