Official: Benitez new Liverpool Manager.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Official: Benitez new Liverpool Manager.

Post by Waffiman »

Now I fear Liverpool.

Liverpool have called a news conference for 1530BST today at Anfield where they are expected to unveil Rafael Benitez as their new manager.

The Spaniard stood down as coach of Valencia after guiding the club to the Primera Liga title and the UEFA Cup last season.

He is expected to be confirmed as Liverpool's new manager this afternoon, succeeding Gerard Houllier who was sacked last month.

Benitez had to serve a 15-day notice period following his resignation from Valencia before taking on a new job.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

The top teams in EPL are being managed by FCs. It only shows that English coaches are crap.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Waffiman, why you dey fear them. With the amount of wastepipe players wey dey that team, the man go either need 2-3 years to get his squad right or an almighty miracle to get immediate results.
To stop trying is to start dying
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Shownoja wrote:Waffiman, why you dey fear them. With the amount of wastepipe players wey dey that team, the man go either need 2-3 years to get his squad right or an almighty miracle to get immediate results.
Benitez na man wey fit bring in top players my bro. I actually rate him higher than Mourihno of Chelski.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
quickie
Egg
Egg

Post by quickie »

Let the games begin....Something will give in this EPL. Benitez and Mourinho have raised their club's expectations, unfortunately for them..at least one of them will not win that Prem in the next 3 years.

No fear Waffi, we've seen it all before.

Nothing dey come from up wey gound no fit take.

Q
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

quickie wrote:Let the games begin....Something will give in this EPL. Benitez and Mourinho have raised their club's expectations, unfortunately for them..at least one of them will not win that Prem in the next 3 years.

Q
Did Benitez and Valencia not beat the Arse when you jammed them before in the CL?
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Jeez, the EPL is going to be something to behold next season. ManU are looking like contenders for fourth place next season. :P :twisted:
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

There should be some more fireworks in d EPL next ssn.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

Benitez wants to bring in to Liverpool, Aimar, Ayala and Canizares. Add that to Gerrard, Hyppia, Owen, Cisse, Kewell and Baros and Liverpool may just have a chance
kaycee2g

Post by kaycee2g »

Liverpool will move up next season. Honestly thoughm i feel sorry for Man U and Newcastle
quickie
Egg
Egg

Post by quickie »

cic old boy wrote:
quickie wrote:Let the games begin....Something will give in this EPL. Benitez and Mourinho have raised their club's expectations, unfortunately for them..at least one of them will not win that Prem in the next 3 years.

Q
Did Benitez and Valencia not beat the Arse when you jammed them before in the CL?
That one na CL and chess games. For EPL, nothing like that...I'm dying to see the miracle that he wants to perform there.

We've already added LFC's 6pts to our total next season...if they're unlucky they might get knocked out of FA cup as well for good measure. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Q
Baii
Egg
Egg

Post by Baii »

And the English want to send us thier reject?
“A fanatic is one who entrenches himself in invincible ignorance.”

― OSWALD CHAMBERS, Baffled to Fight Better
KoC
Egg
Egg

Post by KoC »

Underestimate United at your own peril y'all.
. . . all about the players. Total posts: 725 and counting. . .

Blogzilla
KickOff Nigeria

I love Arsenal. Such entertainment!! The kind of soccer we want for the kind of results we hate!!!
---Polly waxes lyrical after Burnley nyansh the ARSE
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

platinum wrote:Jeez, the EPL is going to be something to behold next season. ManU are looking like contenders for fourth place next season. :P :twisted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEEEEEEN TO THAT!!!
heavyd
Egg
Egg
Re: Official: Benitez new Liverpool Manager.

Post by heavyd »

Waffiman wrote:Now I fear Liverpool.

Liverpool have called a news conference for 1530BST today at Anfield where they are expected to unveil Rafael Benitez as their new manager.

The Spaniard stood down as coach of Valencia after guiding the club to the Primera Liga title and the UEFA Cup last season.

He is expected to be confirmed as Liverpool's new manager this afternoon, succeeding Gerard Houllier who was sacked last month.

Benitez had to serve a 15-day notice period following his resignation from Valencia before taking on a new job.
Waffiman sabi football - thats why he dey fear.
He know say all Liverpool needed was a coach who will be able to inject some cohesiveness into this team. True he will need to get rid of some deadwood but i am confident he will bring the glory days back to Anfield.

Players who need to be booted out -

Cheyrou
Biscan :evil: (one of the worst players ever to play for Liverpool. Ever since Houllier started touting him as one of the best defenders in Europe i knew we were in trouble)
Traore
Diao
Diouf
Murphy
Hamman
Vignal

Players we need to bring in - :
Rommedahl
Joe Cole
Ibrahimovic/Kanoute
Nicky Butt
Seedorf
Mexes

If we are able to get these players we will once again be a potent force

LOOK OUT PREMIERSHIP - THE REDS ARE COMING TO GIT YA!!!!
kaycee2g

Post by kaycee2g »

HEavyD first off, i am not a Diouf fan, but it would be stupid to sell him.

Rommedahl??? - please dont make me laugh

Joe cole- overhyped and not LFC quality. Mourinho will make him DECO's deputy

Ibrahimovis- Good choice, one of the best young strikers around. powerful and tall, but u already have Cisse.

Kanoute??- a spur's reject??

Nicky But- man U reject??

Seedorf???- now thats a laugh. U think he would leave Milan for merseyside??

Mexe- a very good young Cd, but i think Rafa prefers Ayala. both will be great.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Fortunately Benitez aint as stupid as some of these English pundits (unfortunately Houllier entered this realm too) who are quick to dismiss African players as worthless even when they aint given much of a chance.

I see Diouf flourishing under Benitez! Owen should be the first to go. Gerrard should be next!
heavyd wrote:

He know say all Liverpool needed was a coach who will be able to inject some cohesiveness into this team. True he will need to get rid of some deadwood but i am confident he will bring the glory days back to Anfield.

Cheyrou
Biscan :evil: (one of the worst players ever to play for Liverpool. Ever since Houllier started touting him as one of the best defenders in Europe i knew we were in trouble)
Traore
Diao
Diouf
Murphy
Hamman
Vignal

Rommedahl
Joe Cole
Ibrahimovic/Kanoute
Nicky Butt
Seedorf
Mexes

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

WAFFI is a man who knows his football, one whom I have the greatest respect for :wink: and is right to be afraid. But those who do not will soon know!

The king is back!

Comon you reds!
kaycee2g

Post by kaycee2g »

Yujam, U know i am a stuntch Diouf basher, but i actually see him doing well under RAFA. He wil be played in the roving position, where he will flourish.

I repeat, only an arm chair coach, will sell diouf.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Are you a Man U fan in disguise?

YUJAM wrote:Fortunately Benitez aint as stupid as some of these English pundits (unfortunately Houllier entered this realm too) who are quick to dismiss African players as worthless even when they aint given much of a chance.

I see Diouf flourishing under Benitez! Owen should be the first to go. Gerrard should be next!
heavyd wrote:

Cheyrou
Traore
Diao
Diouf
Murphy
Hamman
Vignal

Rommedahl
Joe Cole
Ibrahimovic/Kanoute
Nicky Butt
Seedorf
Mexes

so__so_scandalous
Egg
Egg

Post by so__so_scandalous »

Funnily enough this guys arrival my trigger a turnaround in el hadj diouf's career. The boy has too much talent to just waste away . Diao on the other hand belongs in a zoo. That guy is not priemiership material simple.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I am really a Pool fan. Long time! 8)
txj wrote:Are you a Man U fan in disguise?

YUJAM wrote:Fortunately Benitez aint as stupid as some of these English pundits (unfortunately Houllier entered this realm too) who are quick to dismiss African players as worthless even when they aint given much of a chance.

heavyd wrote:

Cheyrou
Traore
Diao
Diouf
Murphy
Hamman
Vignal

Rommedahl
Joe Cole
Ibrahimovic/Kanoute
Nicky Butt
Seedorf
Mexes