SAFA Boss Lashes Back At Nigeria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

SUYA
Eaglet
Eaglet
SAFA Boss Lashes Back At Nigeria

Post by SUYA »

Chief executive officer of the South African Football Association (SAFA) Raymond Hack has lashed back at Nigeria's complaint over poor treatment upon their arrival the airport by the South African delegation

Spokesperson for the Nigerian Super Eagles, Peterside Idah had lambasted the South African FA for failing to come to the aid of the team, insisting that the delay at the airport was part of a ploy to destabilise the team ahead of the 2010 World Cup/Nations Cup qualifying encounter.

Raymond Hack stated that Peterside Idah was playing a psychological game, and as such should not be taken serious.

"We have had problems with him (Peterside) before and we are tired of his agendas." Hack told Kickoff.com

"The Nigerian national team was greeted at the airport and the reason for the hold up was because they did not comply with the government's ruling. Some of the players never had return tickets, only e-tickets."

"Now no-one at SAFA has the authority to go and get people out of immigration. Our protocol people were there, the Nigerian team was transported. We did what we could, but for him to blame us is completely incorrect," he pointed out.

"You know, we welcome Nigeria here and they are very happy. We have always had a good relationship with them and we don't need this."

Awenlimobor Sylvester
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

True. The FA and immigration are two seperate entities.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

bushboy wrote:True. The FA and immigration are two seperate entities.
Naija for you.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

"The Nigerian national team was greeted at the airport and the reason for the hold up was because they did not comply with the government's ruling. Some of the players never had return tickets, only e-tickets."

So return tickets needs to be a paper ticket? Can't they just verify their flight itineraries? That was BS
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
tmex12
Egg
Egg

Post by tmex12 »

Completely retarded response from the SAFA boss. They only had return e-ticket - So Yakubu and the rest of the Eagles intend to escape the "scrappy" career they have in the Big soccer leagues of the world to stay back in South Africa
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

tmex12 wrote:Completely retarded response from the SAFA boss. They only had return e-ticket - So Yakubu and the rest of the Eagles intend to escape the "scrappy" career they have in the Big soccer leagues of the world to stay back in South Africa
Dude just because you are National football player does not mean that you cant comply with rules and regulations especially when you are not even in your country :idea:
"The house Negro and the field Negro sat at dinner, when the field Negro turned his head, the house Negro put some poison in his food but the field Negro saw him do it and when the house Negro turned his head, the field Negro "turned the tray around."
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

It's bullshit when you discriminate between an e-ticket and a paper ticket.
osa
Egg
Egg

Post by osa »

Oba wrote:It's bullshit when you discriminate between an e-ticket and a paper ticket.
i am wondering...

so you have to be backward to enter the country now ?
ukblack
Egg
Egg

Post by ukblack »

Oba wrote:It's bullshit when you discriminate between an e-ticket and a paper ticket.

Have you forgotten that discrimination (also called Apartheid) was once the favourite South African past time (and some even claim it still is)…….All we are saying is free the e-tickets!
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

My tots exactly, especially coming from South Africa. A verification would have solved this. Meanwhile what's the rubbish the SAF boss is talking about, as regards different entitites. Does he mean his protocol ppl could not at least come in sight to offer some assistance? pure balderdash.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I bow o!
kayeno
Egg
Egg

Post by kayeno »

osa wrote:
i am wondering...

so you have to be backward to enter the country now ?
I suspect they were supposed to have printed itineraries alongside their e-tickets, moreso for international travels. Am I missing something? Everyone knows the immigration officials are likely to ask about your travel plans and an itinerary would suffice as evidence.

However, I believe the SA immigration officials could have easily waived this requirement knowing that they are Nigeria's national team. That's what common sense, I suppose, would have dictated.

Hack's explanation of the event is quite lame but not totally devoid of fact.
SSTAR
Egg
Egg

Post by SSTAR »

Peterside is wrong to expect rules to be discarded just because the SE is at the airport. Our officials and the international players ought to know, as these rules were not just created when they arrived. Ignoring simple protocol is how crooks test the system.
We should be happy they let these guys in.
The meek shall inherit the earth, but they will not hold the mineral rights!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]SSTAR[/color] wrote: Peterside is wrong to expect rules to be discarded just because the SE is at the airport. Our officials and the international players ought to know, as these rules were not just created when they arrived. Ignoring simple protocol is how crooks test the system.
You realize that this is not the first time these players have travelled this way to S. Africa and other countries without hassle, right?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
kayeno
Egg
Egg

Post by kayeno »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]SSTAR[/color] wrote: Peterside is wrong to expect rules to be discarded just because the SE is at the airport. Our officials and the international players ought to know, as these rules were not just created when they arrived. Ignoring simple protocol is how crooks test the system.
You realize that this is not the first time these players have travelled this way to S. Africa and other countries without hassle, right?
How sure are you about that? Even if that's true (which I seriously doubt) it doesn't make it right. They would be expected to have some printed itinerary on them just to satisfy the immigration officials incase they're asked to produce one. Don't you think? We know the protocol. There's no e-ticket that's processed without some form on confirmatory itinerary forwarded to the customer. They should have had such on their persons.