A complete forward.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kaycee2g
A complete forward.

Post by kaycee2g »

There are very few in the world right now. As a matter of fact, i could name only 5 complete point men. these guys are big( except one) with lots of strenght and energy. they have power, skill and posses pace.

Ronaldo
Van Nisterooy
Martins
Ibrahimovic
Shevchenko

I have seen Zlatan ibrahimovic pplay at the least 15 times for Ajax, and that guys physical presence is great. i saw him broke two ppls nose in a game last year.

These i believe are the top five point men in the world.

P.s- Henry, larsson, Ronaldinho, Raul, Piero, Totti, Owen are not point men.
Diabo
Egg
Egg

Post by Diabo »

Where is Wayne Looney on that list 8) :lol:
"I received more tackles in one game than I've had in my entire life. It was the same last year too."
Manchester United defender Patrice Evra gets confused after being 'kicked off the pitch' in the Bolton game. Maybe it was concussion!

"This performance today shows that other teams are going to have to score more goals than us if they want to beat us."
Darren Bent stating the obvious after Tottenham's Uefa Cup fightback against Aalborg.

"He has the physique of a newspaper boy."
A classic Archie MacPherson quote describing the skinny DaMarcus Beasley. (Matthew Bowron, Scotland).
Eaglemaniac
Egg
Egg

Post by Eaglemaniac »

wow! it's really unbelievable to think that in such a short time, Martins has already become world class...can't wait to see the finished product

Long Live King Obi!!
ivanuche
Egg
Egg

Post by ivanuche »

Zlatan is not your ideal predatory forward or point man.Great physical presence no doubt,but more of a support striker.Larson is main man for Sweden and should have been on your list.IMo Zlatan is a faster and stronger Kanu (ofcourse with goals!).While at Malmo,Zlatan was Ijeh's support striker and did same for Ahmed Mido some seasons back at AJax.Great forward player with brilliant technique but not YET your predatory forward.

The others on your list are of the supreme ORDER so no debate 1 ehm but Obagoal ?don't know yet (oh na Kaycee2g post,there must be Martins) :lol: :lol:

Add Shearer,Vieri,Andriano(if you have Martins :wink: ) and Jon Dahl Tomassen to your list.
They used to say Muhammad Ali could float like a butterfly and sting like a bee. Arsenal swim with the grace of a dolphin — and bite like a shark. The GREAT Brian Clough. viewtopic.php?t=18273

If you're having girl problems i feel sorry for u son,i gat 99 problems but da *Nice Lady* aint one !

http://www.brazzil.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7162 BLACK BEAUTIES !
http://www.ypforum.org/nigeria2002
ivanuche
Egg
Egg

Post by ivanuche »

Diabo wrote:Where is Wayne Looney on that list 8) :lol:
David James *goal keeper*...........David Beckham *captain*......Wayne LOONEY *SLIKER* :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
They used to say Muhammad Ali could float like a butterfly and sting like a bee. Arsenal swim with the grace of a dolphin — and bite like a shark. The GREAT Brian Clough. viewtopic.php?t=18273

If you're having girl problems i feel sorry for u son,i gat 99 problems but da *Nice Lady* aint one !

kaycee2g

Post by kaycee2g »

Eaglemaniac, stop disgracing ur self.

I never said Martins was world class. Ibrahimovic is not world class. The only world class guys there are Ronaldo, Shevchenko and Nisterooy( ????)

To be world class, u must have done it CONVINCINGLY at the champions league level and international level( thats were Nisterooy lacks).

Wether u like it oor not, martins is in the top 5 point men in the world.

notable mentions: Luis Fabiano.
Last edited by kaycee2g on Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
yaro maiwayo
Egg
Egg

Post by yaro maiwayo »

ivanuche wrote:Wayne LOONEY *SLIKER* :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: since he has issues with R
hey hey hey
smoke weed everyday
take a stack a day
to keep the doctor away
kaycee2g

Post by kaycee2g »

Ivanuche,did u see what happened when Allback came in?? the coach gave larsson instruction to drop deep to the playmaking role. Larsson is not a poin man. The pointman for Sweden is Ibrahimovic.

Alan Shearer is in the top 3 for EPL, but not in the top 10 in the world. Pls dont make me laugh. even Vieri will tell u he is not as good as Martins. its only experience he has above Martins.

By the way, did u see BoBo today??

Adriano is in the top ten but not top five.
Eaglemaniac
Egg
Egg

Post by Eaglemaniac »

kaycee2g wrote:Eaglemaniac, stop disgracing ur self.

I never said Martins was world class. Ibrahimovic is not world class. The only world class guys there are Ronaldo, Shevchenko and Nisterooy( ????)

To be world class, u must have done it CONVINCINGLY at the champions league level and international level( thats were Nisterooy lacks).

Wether u like it oor not, martins is in the top 5 point men in the world.

notable mentions: Luis Fabiano.
uhhh dude...maybe you misunderstood me or something...but I was pretty much admiring martins quick rise to the top...don't know where you got the disgracing part from... :roll:
kaycee2g

Post by kaycee2g »

Adriano is even inferior to Luis fabiano. Look at the Brazil squad, who are thier starting pair?? Ronaldo and Fabiano. Adriano is a bench warmer at Brazil.
kaycee2g

Post by kaycee2g »

Eagle, i appologise. Martins, i believe is the best point man in Africa, and in the top five in the world. but world class?/ not yet. he will need to do it consistently in the Champions league and national team( he has made steps in the right direction though).

Alos, why do u think Kezman is not world class. He scores 30+ goals every season, yet he chokes in the national team and champions league.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

What about Saviola and Gilardino (never mind his exclusion from Euro 2004).
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
kaycee2g

Post by kaycee2g »

Saviola is not a pointman. he is a roving forward like diouf. If u remember, he always had to play off Kluivert or Crespo or Batigol.

Gilardino is on of the best forwards i have seen since Baggio. just like Bagio, he is an support forward. should have gone to Euro 2004 instead of that .... Di Vaio
ivanuche
Egg
Egg

Post by ivanuche »

kaycee2g wrote:Ivanuche,did u see what happened when Allback came in?? the coach gave larsson instruction to drop deep to the playmaking role. Larsson is not a poin man. The pointman for Sweden is Ibrahimovic.

Alan Shearer is in the top 3 for EPL, but not in the top 10 in the world. Pls dont make me laugh. even Vieri will tell u he is not as good as Martins. its only experience he has above Martins.

By the way, did u see BoBo today??

Adriano is in the top ten but not top five.
Yeah bobo was pretty bad on his headers,i was a bit dissapointed.Andriano is on the rise,I rate him slightly ahead of Oba.Zlatan played pretty well as Target man today but i still stick to my gun that he's not a typical pointman.Remember they were chasing the game so they needed To pump the balls in and use his height just like Holland did with Pierre Van hoojdonk.

kaycee2g

Post by kaycee2g »

Bobo has been bad all season. i am an Interisti, so i see games. I want Bobo to stay next season( because of his positive influence on martins), but i dont think he would be a starter next season.

Adriano better than Martins??? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha aha ha hah= ha hah ah ah ha ha ha haha ha ha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

why do i get the feeling oba is wearing slippers when he plays ?
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
yaro maiwayo
Egg
Egg

Post by yaro maiwayo »

DIMKA76 wrote:why do i get the feeling oba is wearing slippers when he plays ?
from the gecko in your avatar :lol:
hey hey hey
smoke weed everyday
take a stack a day
to keep the doctor away
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

yaro maiwayo wrote:
Wrong you olodo! because his feet move so quick, he looks like he's wearing flip-flops
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
yaro maiwayo
Egg
Egg

Post by yaro maiwayo »

DIMKA76 wrote:
yaro maiwayo wrote:
Wrong you olodo! because his feet move so quick, he looks like he's wearing flip-flops
well done O, well done
hey hey hey
smoke weed everyday
take a stack a day
to keep the doctor away
Eaglemaniac
Egg
Egg

Post by Eaglemaniac »

kaycee2g wrote:Eagle, i appologise. Martins, i believe is the best point man in Africa, and in the top five in the world. but world class?/ not yet. he will need to do it consistently in the Champions league and national team( he has made steps in the right direction though).

Alos, why do u think Kezman is not world class. He scores 30+ goals every season, yet he chokes in the national team and champions league.
Kaycee...is top 5 in the world not world class?? You do have a point on the consistency part...
kaycee2g

Post by kaycee2g »

Eaglemaniac, NO.

It is sad to admit, but the state of footballing talent had dropped significantly. when u watch old tapes, u see players with great individual talents.

Nowadays, football is now more of a team sport than it was, so average players now grace the game. Can u imagine Englands best striker is Rooney????? now compare this to the Linekar days and others.

World Class, is a phrase that ppl use so loosely nowadays. I can authoritatively say that there are amybe like 10 world class players playing professionally in the world right now.
Fegwu

Post by Fegwu »

Courtesy of www.m-w.com

Main Entry: 1com·plete
Pronunciation: k&m-'plEt
Function: adjective
Inflected Form(s): com·plet·er; -est
Etymology: Middle English complet, from Middle French, from Latin completus, from past participle of complEre
1 a : having all necessary parts, elements, or steps <complete diet> b : having all four sets of floral organs c of a subject or predicate : including modifiers, complements , or objects
2 : brought to an end : CONCLUDED <a complete period of time>
3 : highly proficient <a complete artist>
4 a : fully carried out : THOROUGH <a complete renovation> b : TOTAL, ABSOLUTE <complete silence>
5 of insect metamorphosis : characterized by the occurrence of a pupal stage between the motile immature stages and the adult -- compare INCOMPLETE 1b
6 of a metric space : having the property that every Cauchy sequence of elements converges to a limit in the space
Main Entry: 2complete
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): com·plet·ed; com·plet·ing
1 : to bring to an end and especially into a perfected state <complete a painting>
2 a : to make whole or perfect <its song completes the charm of this bird> b : to mark the end of <a rousing chorus completes the show> c : EXECUTE, FULFILL <complete a contract>(1 archaic : to make full : FILL <her subtle, warm, and golden breath ... fulfills him with beatitude -- Alfred Tennyson>
2 a : to put into effect : EXECUTE b : to meet the requirements of (a business order) c : to bring to an end d : to measure up to : SATISFY
3 a : to convert into reality b : to develop the full potentialities of
synonym see PERFORM)

3 : to carry out (a forward pass) successfully
synonym see CLOSE

Kaycee
Exactly what criteria did you use to derive your list? What makes a forward complete? Heading ability? Speed? Shot strength and acuracy? Consistency? Stamina? Positioning? etc.....

Not that I begrudge your list, I am just curious.....
The comet
Egg
Egg

Post by The comet »

Nobody mentioned Dado Prso