The First Phase Fixtures may favour Angola....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

SAwosika
Egg
Egg
The First Phase Fixtures may favour Angola....

Post by SAwosika »

Team - Pld - W - L - D - GF - GA - GD - Pts

Angola - 2 - 1 - 0 - 1 - 1 - 0 - +1 - 4
Nigeria- 2 - 1 - 1 - 0 - 2 - 1 - +1 - 3
Rwanda - 2 - 1 - 1 - 0 - 3 - 3 - 0 - 3
Zimbabwe - 2 - 0 - 0 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 0 - 2
Algeria - 2 - 0 - 0 - 2 - 1 - 1 - 0 - 2
Gabon - 2 - 0 - 1 - 1 - 2 - 4 - -2 - 1

Fixtures:

June 5: Nigeria 2-0 Rwanda; Gabon 1-1 Zimbabwe; Algeria 0-0 Angola

June 19: Rwanda 3-1 Gabon
June 20: Zimbabwe 1-1 Algeria; Angola 1-0 Nigeria

July 3: Nigeria v Algeria; Gabon v Angola; Rwanda v Zimbabwe

September 3: Algeria v Gabon
September 5: Zimbabwe v Nigeria; Angola v Rwanda

October 9: Gabon v Nigeria
October 10: Rwanda v Algeria; Angola v Zimbabwe

March 25: Algeria v Rwanda
March 26: Nigeria v Gabon
March 27: Zimbabwe v Angola

June 5: Zimbabwe v Gabon; Angola v Algeria; Rwanda v Nigeria

June 17: Algeria v Zimbabwe
June 18: Nigeria v Angola; Gabon v Rwanda

September 2: Algeria v Nigeria
September 4: Zimbabwe v Rwanda; Angola v Gabon

October 8: Nigeria v Zimbabwe; Gabon v Algeria
October 9: Rwanda v Angola

The first phase fixtures may seem to favour Angola though.... I really do not see them losing to Rwanda or Zimbabwe at home, and their away match in the first phase is to Gabon (they should be able to win that I would think as the Angolans are quite technically sound). Nigeria must win out the first phase and hope Angola slip up, we can not afford to lose any more points I believe. As for Omey2k4, I really do not know why you revel in the misfortune of others. Are we to blame the administrators for the indiscipline of established players like Kanu and Okocha, who know how vital their experience is to this team, but (Okocha especially as Captain!) chose to behave so irresponsibly that his disposition actually befuddles even the most objective observer. Well, it is not Nigeria's fault that some people can not meet up their end of the bargain. Who does Okocha think he is? Because he kicks a roundball, then the whole country should freeze at his beckon. I have tons of friends and family members that have had twenty times the money Okocha lost, stuck (never to be retrieved) in the same Nigerian Banks (their life savings), and they did not seek Obasanjo's help (or get his audience as Okocha did) so as to retrieve their money. Anyway, we must encourage those young men that showed up in Luanda, and I personally think that Chukwu did the best with what he had. We will still qualify though and life goes on as usual!

Obafemi Martins.... Class and Professionalism Personified
The Nigerian.... A Jewel of Inestimable Value
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

I agree with you on most things except the statement that CCC did the best with what he had. Regarding Okocha, Chukwu was in the same situation at the last Unity Cup games in London. Okocha kept on saying he will turn up (even promising the organisers up to the day before the match) but he never did. For this game, Chukwu did not get any guarantees again, WHY DIDN'T HE LOOK FOR ALTERNATIVES? Before we start calling the Obiefule's and Wahab, these guys are so inexperienced. Never played such an important game in their lives. What has happenned to Ikedia (ANC, Olympics, W/C experience), Uche Kalu, even the younger Oliseh?

CCC needed a stronger midfield. Can you imagine when Baita got injured, Chuckw brought on Wahab and moved Obiefule to the right side of midfield. I suspect this must have been Wahab's first cap plus a tired Olofinjana. Also Obiefule on the right did not make any sense apart from the fact that the guy is still very raw. What about moving Ekwueme to the middle or maybe Lawal as an additional midfielder?

One thing most people in Nigeria who know their football will tell you about Chukwu is the stupid subs he makes and their timing. I don't think he seeks advice from his team. That will be his downfall.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Lolly wrote: Can you imagine when Baita got injured, Chuckw brought on Wahab and moved Obiefule to the right side of midfield. I suspect this must have been Wahab's first cap plus a tired Olofinjana. Also Obiefule on the right did not make any sense apart from the fact that the guy is still very raw.
LOLLY:
It is always necessary that when folks embark upon declarative pronouncements that they nsure that their facts are in order: because any theory premised upon a faulty factual basis is inevitably going to lead to a fatally-flawed conclusion.

As TXJ, KOC and anyone else familiar with the domestic league in will inform you, Paul Obiefule plays week-in and week-out at the RIGHT SIDE OF MIDFIELD for Inwuanyanwu Nationale, until Chukwu converted him to a central holding role (see below).

Excerpted from KickOff Nigeria.Com, Friday, April 30, 2004
http://www.kickoffnigeria.com/stories/? ... defeat.php

Coach blames Obiefule for defeat

Unlike in the wings where he operates for Nationale, Obiefule said he become more comfortable when coach Christian Chukwu converted him to attacking midfield role and he found himself better positioned to shoot direct at posts.
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

Gotti wrote:
Lolly wrote: Can you imagine when Baita got injured, Chuckw brought on Wahab and moved Obiefule to the right side of midfield. I suspect this must have been Wahab's first cap plus a tired Olofinjana. Also Obiefule on the right did not make any sense apart from the fact that the guy is still very raw.
LOLLY:
It is always necessary that when folks embark upon declarative pronouncements that they nsure that their facts are in order: because any theory premised upon a faulty factual basis is inevitably going to lead to a fatally-flawed conclusion.

As TXJ, KOC and anyone else familiar with the domestic league in will inform you, Paul Obiefule plays week-in and week-out at the RIGHT SIDE OF MIDFIELD for Inwuanyanwu Nationale, until Chukwu converted him to a central holding role (see below).

Excerpted from KickOff Nigeria.Com, Friday, April 30, 2004
http://www.kickoffnigeria.com/stories/? ... defeat.php

Coach blames Obiefule for defeat

Unlike in the wings where he operates for Nationale, Obiefule said he become more comfortable when coach Christian Chukwu converted him to attacking midfield role and he found himself better positioned to shoot direct at posts.
Unfortunately, all his shots at goal today ended up killing a few Angolan birds...
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

Gotti, you are the man. Infact i bowImage. You've just killed off most bashers today with cold hard facts, and reduced the shameless ones like MD to talking about killing birds, and stuff like that. You are the man.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Gotti,

I must say I know very little about his role in his club but I met him at the hotel during the Unity Cup and he told me he plays as a defensive midfielder.

From what I saw of him at the Niger v Jamaica game, I thought he looked really raw, made too many school boy errors in giving away the ball but he had a lot of energy. Now I know why.

Why has chukwu converted him to a DM then? This is part of the problem with Chukwu. Can't he find a comfortable DM in the whole of the football playing population of Nigeria. Even the guy said he felt more comfortable when he was moved.

Gotti, Chukwu makes substistutions that don't make sense. Even the coaching team make the same complaints about him, this is information from within.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

Lolly,

Still grasping at straws, i see. Shameless.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Muzines,

Why don't you show some respect? All we are doing is having a sensible discussion about football. There is nothing to be shameful about. I make a comment, you don't agree, we discuss further. I have not abused CCC, neither have I abused Gotti. Simple football talk.

Some of you guys really get me thinking. Is this how you live your life day to day?

muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

Lolly wrote:Muzines,

Some of you guys really get me thinking. Is this how you live your life day to day?
No, just on Sundays.
Akure4Life
Egg
Egg

Post by Akure4Life »

Respect, sense and Muzines dont come in the same sentence. He is a blind follower.
Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

Akure,

When it comes to CCC, i'm completely biased. I can admit it, just like you and most of yur ilk are against the guy.
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

Lolly wrote:Muzines,

Why don't you show some respect? All we are doing is having a sensible discussion about football. There is nothing to be shameful about. I make a comment, you don't agree, we discuss further. I have not abused CCC, neither have I abused Gotti. Simple football talk.

Lolly, you are wasting your time trying to reason with someone whose head is so way deep up Chukwu's rear orifice that he's going to need at least ten guys to help yank it out..

Those in the know including CCC's employers have made it clear time and again that he is only a caretaker..yet they refuse to see how clueless he is especially in matches like this..
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Muzines is nothing but an ingride with no common sense! The dude worship CCC crap and digest it for meal!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Akure4Life
Egg
Egg

Post by Akure4Life »

muzines wrote:Akure,

When it comes to CCC, i'm completely biased. I can admit it, just like you and most of yur ilk are against the guy.

FYI, i was a big supporter of CCC until i saw the ANC qualifier against Angola last year. That game showed it he is a clueless coach.
Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

Undertaker wrote:Muzines is nothing but an ingride with no common sense! The dude worship CCC crap and digest it for meal!
Dictionary - Thesaurus - Web

Get the Most Popular Sites for "ingride"
No entry found for ingride.

Did you mean ing ride?
Suggestions:
in gride
in-gride
ing ride

Look at the nonsense you are talking. You claim I don't have common sense, yet you make a fool of yourself in the process. maybe you're the one who needs to go back to school.

MD,

You are a whiner. you whine too much. Let me get you a good pictureImageImage. Infact, this is what hate does to you Image.