This result is the best medicine for SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Naija fan
Egg
Egg
This result is the best medicine for SE

Post by Naija fan »

Folks, this is difficult for me to say, but if we are going to be honest with ourselves, this loss may actually be a blessing in disguise. Imagine for instance if we had won this game inspite of all the NFA mishaps and player drama leading to the game. We never seem to take anything serously until we have our backs to the wall. Fortunately for us, it's early enough in the qualifiers to set the ship straight.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
theDunamis
Egg
Egg
Re: This result is the best medicine for SE

Post by theDunamis »

Naija fan wrote:Folks, this is difficult for me to say, but if we are going to be honest with ourselves, this loss may actually be a blessing in disguise. Imagine for instance if we had won this game inspite of all the NFA mishaps and player drama leading to the game. We never seem to take anything serously until we have our backs to the wall. Fortunately for us, it's early enough in the qualifiers to set the ship straight.

I see your point of view and concur Naija Fan. I have always hoped for this kind of wake up call (cos raving and ranting never did work) but I hope it is loud enuff for our deep-sleeping admins.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

theDunamis wrote:I see your point of view and concur Naija Fan. I have always hoped for this kind of wake up call (cos raving and ranting never did work) but I hope it is loud enuff for our deep-sleeping admins.
It will be interesting to see how the NFA reacts to this one and how many of the players will show up for the Algeria game. It is imperative for all our super stars to show up (in person and on the field) and stamp Nigeria's pedigree on this group. All is not lost, yet.
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

Naija fan,

You are the type of honest person we need on these boards. Everybody else will blame CCC. I'm surprised that he hasn't blamed for the war in Iraq, and for global warming.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.
ezeoneofobz
Egg
Egg

Post by ezeoneofobz »

All is not lost and this is only the 2nd game of 10. People are funny sometimes. I am always optimistic and we are 2nd at the moment and our destiny is in our hands because we get to play Angola again. Besides, I believe Rwanda can beat Angola and that will help us as well.
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

ezeoneofobz wrote:All is not lost and this is only the 2nd game of 10. People are funny sometimes. I am always optimistic and we are 2nd at the moment and our destiny is in our hands because we get to play Angola again. Besides, I believe Rwanda can beat Angola and that will help us as well.
Interesting point, let's just keep our fingers crossed.
oglex30
Egg
Egg

Post by oglex30 »

Naija fan wrote:Folks, this is difficult for me to say, but if we are going to be honest with ourselves, this loss may actually be a blessing in disguise. Imagine for instance if we had won this game inspite of all the NFA mishaps and player drama leading to the game. We never seem to take anything serously until we have our backs to the wall. Fortunately for us, it's early enough in the qualifiers to set the ship straight.
I AGREE WITH U
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

In a race for the sole ticket to the WC, being in pole position at all times is much better than trying to play catchup. I would rather have my destiny in my hands than in the hands of someone else.
Out of a possible 6 points against the groups powerhouses (Nigeria and Algeria), they have picked up 4 points. If they can pick up draws in the return fixtures against both teams and beat up on Zim, Rwanda and Gabon (which is entirely possible), then Nigeria is out of the 2006 WC.
You will be amazed how easy it is to fall behind if you don't maximize every opportunity you have in these qualifications.
ezeoneofobz wrote:All is not lost and this is only the 2nd game of 10. People are funny sometimes. I am always optimistic and we are 2nd at the moment and our destiny is in our hands because we get to play Angola again. Besides, I believe Rwanda can beat Angola and that will help us as well.
yaro maiwayo
Egg
Egg

Post by yaro maiwayo »

yeah :!: but i hope we don't mess up again
hey hey hey
smoke weed everyday
take a stack a day
to keep the doctor away
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

yaro maiwayo wrote:
yeah :!: but i hope we don't mess up again[/quote]

If we do, then we don't deserve to qualify.