VICTOR-AGALI: OUT OF NATION CUP-2004

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Eaglet
Eaglet
VICTOR-AGALI: OUT OF NATION CUP-2004

Post by GUEST »

SOURCE: NEWAGE
2004 AFRICAN NATIONS CUP COUNTDOWN:
Agali out, as injuries ravage Eagles in Faro
•••Eagles beat Zwollen 2-1; Aghahowa scores
••• Okoronkwo swells Eagles to 30
By ADE OJEIKERE, in Owerri -HOW DID HE KNOW?
A nightmarish feeling has enveloped the Super Eagles camp in Faro, Portugal, following the shocking news that Schalke 04 of Germany’s striker Victor Agali may have been ruled out of Nigeria’s 2004 Africa Nations Cup matches due to a muscular injury sustained over the weekend.

NewAgeSports gathered that the muscular injury and the thought of not playing for Nigeria at the Nations Cup left Agali sobbing according to a report on Supersports on Sunday as he had hoped to reinvent his international career through the country’s matches beginning with the opening game against Morocco in Monastir on January 27.

Agali had to stop his trip to Faro on Sunday although no word has been heard from the NFA or Chukwu on this sad development.

Sadly, Agali’s muscular injury has increased the worries over Eagles chief coach Christian Chukwu who has watched in awe as his players skip training due to various injury cases.

Curiously Taribo West who has shone like the true star that he is in training is down with an ankle injury that kept him out of the team’s training in Faro on Thursday and Friday with the team doctors battling to get him back at training.

Goalkeeper Austin Ejide is also nursing a slight shoulder injury that has kept him out of the team’s training session all through last week as he only kept fit by jogging round the pitch.

As for Julius Berger’s defender Seyi Olajengbesi, a nagging toothache that has left his mouth swollen has scuttled all attempts to train with the team for over four days last week.

Meanwhile, Eagles beat portuguese first division one side Zwollen 2-1 with former Nigerian junior international Albert Yobo playing for 90 minutes.

Osaze Odenwingie scored Nigeria’s first goal in the second minute but Zwollen equalised in the 23rd minute. But Julius Aghahowa, who replace Ekene Ezenwa scored Nigeria’s winner in 82nd minute, in a game that he played for 15 minutes. Chukwu made used of over 26 players as he fielded two different squads against Zwollen at Faro on Saturday.

However, Eagles camp swelled to 30 on Sunday, when Isaac Okoronkwo arrived much to the relief of the team’s technical crew that had been worried over the injuries to key defenders in the camp.
Last edited by GUEST on Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cyber Saint

Post by Cyber Saint »

Hmmmmm. This is troubling.
I pray it doesn't happen again.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

The Lord works in Mysterious ways. Our prayers have been answered. I hope he fully recovers afetr the Nations cup intime to go back and stake a strong claim to his jersey in Schalke.
Edu
Egg
Egg

Post by Edu »

chief nfachairman wrote:The Lord works in Mysterious ways. Our prayers have been answered. I hope he fully recovers afetr the Nations cup intime to go back and stake a strong claim to his jersey in Schalke.
what exactly was our prayer??????
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

Edu wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:The Lord works in Mysterious ways. Our prayers have been answered. I hope he fully recovers afetr the Nations cup intime to go back and stake a strong claim to his jersey in Schalke.
what exactly was our prayer??????
Ol'boy I wonder oh. :(
MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

he has a slot for his client. Agali don give am chance to lock in that spot.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

MYMIND wrote:he has a slot for his client. Agali don give am chance to lock in that spot.
Who will that client be--Just Curious!
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

SOme of you just run your mouth like #$%. Which client are you talkin gabout? Do u know me to have any client that is a striker? Abeg, shut your dirty mouth.

Robby,
Me i feel Agali is wack and has no business in that team.
MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

na fight? shay because I forget my smiley face oya take :D
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

You are pathetic. Maybe when someone pokes your eyes out and learn that some people are happy about it then it would sound like good news to you.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Poor Agali though I doubt if his presence in Faro will be missed that much.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

scholl wrote:
You are pathetic. Maybe when someone pokes your eyes out and learn that some people are happy about it then it would sound like good news to you.
Scholl,
Sharaaaaaaaaaappppppppppppp

MYMIND,
no vex
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

NFA CHAIRAMAN...U ECHO MY SENTIMENTS...I AM FINALLY BELIEVING WE CAN WIN IT...THE LORD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS...HOPE AGALI RECOVERS "AFTER" THE NATIONS CUP
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

kudos to AGALI and this is wishing u a full recovery and back to shalke ("not eagles") in no time ....amen
old_obsession
Egg
Egg

Post by old_obsession »

THE LORD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS

my guy i don't know who your lord is that you're celebrating someone else's misfortune.
sleaky21
Egg
Egg

Post by sleaky21 »

o ma se o oooooooo.
Dem don do juju for this poor boy. :roll:
If you have tears prepare to shed them now.
Holla!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

See as pipul dey pray for injury to befall their fellow man... just so that their clients can find work... na wao...
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Kanu needs to develop a sore eyelash, since with his weak a$$, that might be enough to keep him away from the Eagus :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

anikulapo wrote:Kanu needs to develop a sore eyelash, since with his weak a$$, that might be enough to keep him away from the Eagus :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Ol'boy take ya time oh. I know say you no wan see my red eye. :P
the rock
Egg
Egg

Post by the rock »

me I smell a fish here. If he no wan play for naija make he tel us all this sudden injury na wa o. But if it is true I wish him speedy recover but I still doubt this story sha.
omonoba
Egg
Egg

Post by omonoba »

we still don't really have a consistent aerial offensive threat apart from when Yobo and West come forward on Corners; However, i'm not worried about this for a number of reasons.
1. We are comfortable with morocco and s.africa's style of play and have been able to beat them before without the kind of aerial threat Agali would have provided.
2. If we do make it out of the first round and challenge for the tropy, we will be jostling with teams like Senegal and Cameroon that both defend very well against the aerial ball. you will yield much more dividends attacking both these 2 teams in other ways
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Green4Life,

Shraappp my friend!!!!

NOw i just pray there is no business or first class seat to Portugal or Faro from london so that Kanu does not show up in camp. If hin try use economy, i feel sorry for him and Nigeria, with dat hin long leg.
Yettycom
Egg
Egg

Post by Yettycom »

personally, well i wish he'll recover on time to make the ANC. i'd like to see him there. he could prove very useful especially since his fellow "tall" teammate cannot "jump". :D
God is good to me and all who love and follow him.. Amazingly, he's also loving to all those who dont know him. What a mighty God he is!