Van Gaal Interested in SE Job?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Van Gaal Interested in SE Job?

Post by wiseone »

From This Day

Dateline: 12/01/2004 07:39:36

Former Ajax Manager,Van Gal, Eyes Eagles' Job
By Pius Anakali

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Former Ajax and Barcelona FC manager Louis Van Gal has said that if given the opportunity he would like to coach Nigeria's National team, the Super Eagles.

Van Gall who spoke to journalists at their Faro, Portugal based camp said he has always loved the Nigerian National side but noted that he is presently on contract with Ajax Armsterdam where he is the football director.

Van Gaal who also tutored the Ajax team at a time when the club dominated Europe soccer added that whenever he is out of contract he would consider the offer if given the opportunity.

Van Gaal who is reputed to be behind the success of two Ngerian great footballers Finidi George and Nwankwo Kanu has an impressive international reputation.

Few years after capturing the EUFA Cup, the burly coach got an offer to coach Barcelona, though he could not match the success he recorded in Holland with his success in Spain his achievement with the Catalan side was still very visible. Perhaps that was why he was invited to handle the Dutch National team.

Though, a Sports Director of his darling team Ajax, he still has his eyes on coaching job. Doing it with Eagles he says would be a delight.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Failure has trailed this man of late, so I suggest he stays well clear of our darling SE.
To stop trying is to start dying
Jmal
Egg
Egg

Post by Jmal »

U ´NEVER KNOW HE COULD BE THE ONE THAT NIGERIA ARE LOOKING FOR...FORGET ABOUT BARCELONA AND HOLLAND THE MAN TOOK AJAX WITH FORCE IN THE EUROPIAN CUB...IF I WAS THE MINISTER OF NIGERIA I WOULD GIVE HIM AT LIST 2 YEARS ...

WHAT DO U THINK GUYS?????
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Shownoja wrote:Failure has trailed this man of late, so I suggest he stays well clear of our darling SE.
Yeah you're right......we should go with one of the other "successful" coaches who have coached Naija over the past decade during which we have not won a senior trophy.
authority
Egg
Egg

Post by authority »

What is wrong with our current coach ?
Cyber Saint

Post by Cyber Saint »

Tell him we've got a coach, and NOT interested in him.

O pari
Akoni Miyake
Egg
Egg

Post by Akoni Miyake »

Baba van Gaal could bring the best out of our players and for sure wont collect Egunje or Big man recommendations for player getting into squad, i feel he would be very strict.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Van Gaal is the man anyday, anytime and far better than some of the LC's we have who call themselves coaches... They are nothing but a bunch of pretenders...
Soldier of Fortune...
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I would give Van Gaal the job today. However, I cannot see the NFA employing him.

Over the weekend, the sports minister berated the NFA in Owerri, saying that up till now, they have not provided him with any details of how they will pay a foreign coach's salary. Mohammed Musa has made it crystal clear that if they want a foreign coach:

(1) They must provide documentary evidence of how his wage will be paid
(2) They must get the approval of the ministry first
(3) He needs to see hopw a salary of about $30,000 a month will be paid fpor the duration of the contract.

Ogunjobi will not touch this issue with a barge pole. He is in deep trouble.
authority
Egg
Egg

Post by authority »

Just because he is a white man . I am disappointed with the reasoning of some people . They will only learn when some one is promoted ahead of them base on their skin colour .
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

authority wrote:What is wrong with our current coach ?
...his contract is going to expire in a few weeks' time.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Hmm interesting the Minister is now blaming NFA wow everyone is repenting, confessing and pointing fingers now hoping if things go bad in the ANC "Make una no blame me ohh" hahahahahaha..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I would give Van Gaal the job today. However, I cannot see the NFA employing him.

Over the weekend, the sports minister berated the NFA in Owerri, saying that up till now, they have not provided him with any details of how they will pay a foreign coach's salary. Mohammed Musa has made it crystal clear that if they want a foreign coach:

(1) They must provide documentary evidence of how his wage will be paid
(2) They must get the approval of the ministry first
(3) He needs to see hopw a salary of about $30,000 a month will be paid fpor the duration of the contract.

Ogunjobi will not touch this issue with a barge pole. He is in deep trouble.
Soldier of Fortune...
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

authority wrote:Just because he is a white man . I am disappointed with the reasoning of some people . They will only learn when some one is promoted ahead of them base on their skin colour .
Do you know who Luis Van Gaal is?
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

He doesn't....

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
authority wrote:Just because he is a white man . I am disappointed with the reasoning of some people . They will only learn when some one is promoted ahead of them base on their skin colour .
Do you know who Luis Van Gaal is?
Soldier of Fortune...
Unisol
Egg
Egg

Post by Unisol »

I think a dutch coach would understand the Nigerian way of soccer. I mean i like the free flowing attacking football played by the orange men.
Go Super Eagles - We taught the world to play Soccer.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

His coaching record is impecable and he is a top class coach. However, there is no chance of him getting the job. He is too outspoken and will ruffle a few politicians.

He is also a strict disciplinarian.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

Waffiman,
that's why Westerhoff had problems and Troussier was hounded out.

However, as for Van Gaal, I'm not sure how his favoured system will work in Naija.
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Jiggerman21 wrote:Waffiman,

However, as for Van Gaal, I'm not sure how his favoured system will work in Naija.
Jiggerman - I think you are right. He will find it hard to find the defenders to execute his system for Nigeria. We will leak goals like a basket case if he plays his famous free flow football with the eagles. That said I still dont see him accepting the NFA's ineptitude, so him coaching the SE will remain a forlorn dream.
To stop trying is to start dying
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Shownoja wrote:
Jiggerman21 wrote:Waffiman,

Jiggerman - I think you are right. He will find it hard to find the defenders to execute his system for Nigeria. We will leak goals like a basket case if he plays his famous free flow football with the eagles. That said I still dont see him accepting the NFA's ineptitude, so him coaching the SE will remain a forlorn dream.
Good point about his favoured system. However we cannot conclude that it will not work because it has not been tried.
authority
Egg
Egg

Post by authority »

140 million people looking for a white man to coach them : funny indeed . Some one even questioned if knew this jesus Van Gaal . Well one day you people will see the light.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Irresponsible journalism... if you ask me... we have a nations cup to prepare for and all the damn journalist can think of is figuring out who the next foreign coach will be... i mean, we've got issues with goalies, defenders, clubs holding onto our players, etc, etc... talk about an unnecessary distraction. :evil: ... are you sure the author isn't cameroonian? :mrgreen:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

green4life wrote:Irresponsible journalism... if you ask me... we have a nations cup to prepare for and all the damn journalist can think of is figuring out who the next foreign coach will be... i mean, we've got issues with goalies, defenders, clubs holding onto our players, etc, etc... talk about an unnecessary distraction. :evil: ... are you sure the author isn't cameroonian? :mrgreen:
True!
La Reussi
Egg
Egg

Post by La Reussi »

The man is just too strict for his own good.He benched Rivaldo and hounded him out of Barcelona.He will surely have problems with our NFA.They won't touch him with a 10 foot pole.

La Reussi
In all things and every situation, give thanks to God.