Aghahowa is out of order!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Aghahowa is out of order!

Post by cic old boy »

Julius is quoted in the Observer as having said on Brila FM that he is not going to Faro b/c he was booked to fly there on economy class. He allegedly said: Do I look like an animal or what? I have never travelled economy before, so why now? I don't want to be accused of turning down my country - but if it's not sorted, I will go home. "

Now, as much as the NFA has no business booking economy tickets for star players, Aghahowa does not have to disrespect the millions of people that fly economy with his "animal" comments. He may be a big shot now, but I'm not sure he could afford an economy ticket when he was policeman.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Aghahowa is out of order!

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

cic old boy wrote:Julius is quoted in the Observer as having said on Brila FM that he is not going to Faro b/c he was booked to fly there on economy class. He allegedly said: Do I look like an animal or what? I have never travelled economy before, so why now? I don't want to be accused of turning down my country - but if it's not sorted, I will go home. "

Now, as much as the NFA has no business booking economy tickets for star players, Aghahowa does not have to disrespect the millions of people that fly economy with his "animal" comments. He may be a big shot now, but I'm not sure he could afford an economy ticket when he was policeman.
(1) This is old news
(2) It was garbage
(3) Aghahowa arivesd in camp the following day, so it is totally untrue that he refused to fly that day
(4) CIC, The Observer just lifted that story from Brilla, Reuters' and the BBC's website
(5) How you can believe the crap put out by Nigerian journalists when you have real live gist from Faro here is beyond me.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Ayo, my beef is with his "animal" statement.
http://www.naijiant.com/
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

That's Naija press for you!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

cic old boy wrote:Julius is quoted in the Observer as having said on Brila FM that he is not going to Faro b/c he was booked to fly there on economy class. He allegedly said: Do I look like an animal or what? I have never travelled economy before, so why now? I don't want to be accused of turning down my country - but if it's not sorted, I will go home. "

cic old boy,
Am sure you should know that this type of post is not suppose to come from you at all. JAG was never a POLICEMAN.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

CIC:
I share your sentiments on this one! I wonder if his team in Ukraine ever fly first class. I don't even believe the old Russian planes have first class! :lol:
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

cic old boy wrote:Ayo, my beef is with his "animal" statement.
CIC, Aghahowa's statement is not too far from the truth. Most Nigerians that fly economy behave like animals. You know, the ones you would tell, "only one hand luggage is allowed as carry-on", but they would bring 2 suitcases and try the jam them in the overhead compartment. The ones that believe the over-head compartment space directly above their seat belongs to them. The ones that wait until the "fasten seat belt" signs are turned on before deciding they need to use the bathroom. If financially, I have a choice, I would never fly economy, but man no grab, so I guess is off to the zoo everytime I travel.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Inaija spot on. SPOT ON. They scare the crew at Virgin training camp , that they'll get put on flights to Lagos if they dont tow the line :P
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

Even if JAG felt that way, he did not have to publicly insult millions of people by calling them animals. It's way out of line.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

YUJAM wrote:CIC:
I share your sentiments on this one! I wonder if his team in Ukraine ever fly first class. I don't even believe the old Russian planes have first class! :lol:
Yujam, you ought to stay clear of this issue cause the more you blame JAG for the standby ticket fiasco, the more you begin to look like a freaking senegalese double agent in disguise.... trying to destabilize the eagles nations cup campaign... Bro Yujam, God willing, this cup is our like it or not. :D
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

1naija wrote:
CIC, Aghahowa's statement is not too far from the truth. Most Nigerians that fly economy behave like animals. You know, the ones you would tell, "only one hand luggage is allowed as carry-on", but they would bring 2 suitcases and try the jam them in the overhead compartment. The ones that believe the over-head compartment space directly above their seat belongs to them. The ones that wait until the "fasten seat belt" signs are turned on before deciding they need to use the bathroom. If financially, I have a choice, I would never fly economy, but man no grab, so I guess is off to the zoo everytime I travel.
No offense, but to break it down further, if u fly US-London-Lagos, the flight to London is usually incredibly orderly even when the passengers are predominantly Nigerians...but once London people enter the plane nko? Total katakata breaks loose!!!
If no be money yab man...na to buy private jet sef, because no be only for economy them dey misbehave.
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

1naija wrote:
hahahahaha.. 1Naija don kill me o. Lat time I go Naija, I had the misfortune of taking Naija Airways. Only God knows how many fight happen for Airport before we enter plane. Plenty people sleep for JFK the day before the flight, so dem go be the first on the line the next day, but some bufoons starting cutting the line prior to boarding time. The funnies na wetin happen inside plane, when one old man dey try sleep, one young girl con dey gist with her peeps, na hin the old man slap am for inside plane. No joke.. Dem fight for atleast one hour, before somebody come trade seats with the old man..
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

1naija wrote:
It's not just about money. I have travelled with some very ignorant people on first/business class. As the saying goes, you can take the boy out of the village, but you cannot take the village out of the boy. Unfortunately, our people are a very impatient bunch, but calling then animals is not called for.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

1naija wrote:
This na the post of the year so far. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Schillachi wrote:
1naija wrote:
hahahahaha.. 1Naija don kill me o. Lat time I go Naija, I had the misfortune of taking Naija Airways. Only God knows how many fight happen for Airport before we enter plane. Plenty people sleep for JFK the day before the flight, so dem go be the first on the line the next day, but some bufoons starting cutting the line prior to boarding time. The funnies na wetin happen inside plane, when one old man dey try sleep, one young girl con dey gist with her peeps, na hin the old man slap am for inside plane. No joke.. Dem fight for atleast one hour, before somebody come trade seats with the old man..
Schillachi:

How body? how we go take do for this ANC now? BTW, you sabi Solowe? He said he met us during the last ANC....
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
PapaK
Egg
Egg

Post by PapaK »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D (c) okochadman
Never enter into a quarrel with an id!ot, lest he drag you down to his level and then beat you up with experience.
PaJimoh

Post by PaJimoh »

Some of us are vegetarian. so we no get upset

Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

nanijoe wrote:
1naija wrote:
No offense, but to break it down further, if u fly US-London-Lagos, the flight to London is usually incredibly orderly even when the passengers are predominantly Nigerians...but once London people enter the plane nko? Total katakata breaks loose!!!
If no be money yab man...na to buy private jet sef, because no be only for economy them dey misbehave.
I go die oooooo, I beg ooooooooo.
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

Schillachi wrote:
1naija wrote:

dang!!!! ....I never fly naija airways b4 but I dey consider am this year to save money...but after reading ya post ...I no do o!! :lol:
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

PaJimoh wrote:Some of us are vegetarian. so we no get upset

Pa Jimoh: Do you like vegetables with your Spuds :wink: ?
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

SOME PEOPLE JUST SPOILING BUSINESS FOR THIS NIGERIA BUSINESS - OK TRY SHAN-SHANGI AIRLINE IF NOT ABAKA.

ImageImageImageImageImage
La Reussi
Egg
Egg

Post by La Reussi »

I don't know what you guys are beefing about.Aghahowa did make the comments and he refused to fly on that particular day.He however offered to buy his own ticket, business class of course, but the NFA officials refused.He was eventually provided with a Business class ticket.

Pls refrain from saying what you know nothing about.

La Reussi
In all things and every situation, give thanks to God.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

vindave,
Aghahowa was a policeman!!!