English Referees, Na wa for dem. Just look at this again

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

VINDAVE
English Referees, Na wa for dem. Just look at this again

Post by VINDAVE »

Last week it was Diouf getting a WRONG RED CARD, and just yesterday again, it was another WRONG DECISION .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 387493.stm

I was expecting the ball to be played upfield but it was rather a poor passback and I was caught quite a distance from play," said Durkin.

Durkin, who also ruled out a United goal by Mikael Silvrestre, added: "I was just totally uncertain whether there had been any contact.

"It was a big blow for us and looked as if Howard did catch Alan - it looked like a penalty

Magpies boss Sir Bobby Robson
More Newcastle reaction

"Obviously now I have seen it on television there was a little bit of contact there and Newcastle can count themselves a little bit unlucky."

I think they need a distance focus infocus.
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Durkin has publicly accepted that he has made a mistake and said it is a massive personal blow to him because he likes to get the big decisions right.. especially in big games.

I don't fault him though. Although a clear penalty, he was moving up the field and from his line of vision it was quite difficult to determine whether contact was made. His linesman should have helped though... although he was on the other side of the field, he was probably in a better position