Ferguson called to order over son's work

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

Monday January 12, 10:29 AM

LONDON (AFP) - Manchester United have called on manager Alex Ferguson to explain his son Jason's continued involvement in the club's transfer dealings.

United have already denied allegations they made illegal payments to land American goalkeeper Tim Howard in a 2.3 million pound (4.2m dollar) transfer.

It is claimed United paid 139,000 pounds to Gaetano Marotta, who passed the money to Mike Morris, a business associate of Jason Ferguson's, newspapers reported on Monday.

The United board are understood to be angry the new allegation has emerged, having already warned Sir Alex his son's involvement could lead to a conflict of interest.

Plc chairman Sir Roy Gardner wants an explanation from Sir Alex so the club can put itself above suspicion and be in the clear over any allegations of wrongdoing.

United insisted on Sunday they are happy with Marotta's work on bring Howard from US club New York-New Jersey Metro Stars in July and will not be launching an investigation of their own.

Spokesman Paddy Harverson said: "All our transfer deals are approved by the board of Manchester United plc and are conducted in accordance with FIFA and FA rules.

"Details of all payments involved in these deals are sent to the football authorities as required under their regulations."

United are determined to avoid a repeat of the embarrassment caused by Jaap Stam's 15 million pound switch to Lazio

Morris and Jason Ferguson, who had worked together on a number of deals, were also involved in this one.

The United board were embarrassed when the Italian club publicly thanked Morris for the part he had played and were forced to admit Elite Sports Management, run by Jason Ferguson, had shared a commission of around 1.4 million pounds from the transfer.
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

Monday January 12, 11:10 AM

United defend Howard deal

Manchester United have launched a vigorous defence against allegations they made hidden payments to agents in the transfer of Tim Howard.
A dossier on Howard's £2.3m move from United States Major League Soccer outfit New York-New Jersey Metrostars has been handed to the FA for investigation after it was claimed money was passed from one agent to another after the deal had been completed.

Sir Alex Ferguson's son Jason is mentioned in the report as being a close associate of Monaco-based agent Mike Morris - the man to whom the second payment is alleged to have been made, raising a potential conflict of interest.

However, United officials are furious at the insinuation and insist they were perfectly satisfied with the job Swiss-based agent Gaetano Marotta did on their behalf.

"All our transfer deals are approved by the board of Manchester United plc and are conducted in accordance with Fifa and FA rules," said a statement issued on behalf of the club.

"Details of all payments involved in those deals are sent to the football authorities as required under their regulations
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Ferguson and Big Sam pikin na agent dem be. It is terrible that they are allowed to get away with such blatent conflict of interest. Shame!

My bro, wey be Manure shareholder wrote to complain about this and I fully support am.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Guv007 what position is Westham in the Nation wide division? :|
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
torontoeagle
Egg
Egg

Post by torontoeagle »

Even Oyingbo people dey do mago-mago
T-Dot
Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

This thing with Fergusons son being an agent has been an obvious nepotism/insider trading thing from day one. He and other Ferguson cronies have been doing trades and I'm sure money cycles back to him one way or another. This includes many trades that have been washouts like Erik Nevland and such.

I can't believe it took this long for anybody at Man U to raise the issue. Yet another reason to stay the hell away from investment in football shares - it aint run like a proper business at all - unless you call Parmalat a proper business.
"Jose Mourinho favoured directness and used to throw Robert Huth or John Terry up front when Chelsea were chasing the game, a ploy associated with the industrial era of English football management."
- The Guardian UK, November 26, 2007
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

omey2k4 wrote:Guv007 what position is Westham in the Nation wide division? :|
Omey2k wetin this got to do with West Ham? :mrgreen:

At least its not only Fergie and Big Sam who are at it.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

torontoeagle wrote:Even Oyingbo people dey do mago-mago
Abeg ansa me, Oyinbo nor be human being? How you think say dem get their so called Empire. Na thief theif, lie lie, mago mago and egunje dem use.
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

we day 8th.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Kai! Pure wickedness. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

The Hammers are not a happy bunch, they expected to come back up automatically immediately but alas trouble dey and dem dey look coming up via play offs or Nationwide for another season. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

Waffiman wrote:

The Hammers are not a happy bunch, they expected to come back up automatically immediately but alas trouble dey and dem dey look coming up via play offs or Nationwide for another season. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Don't see them coming up at all except through a miracle.
torontoeagle
Egg
Egg

Post by torontoeagle »

Waffiman:

Be careful...e be like say you go soon reach ya 419.... th post. Dat na very dangerous numba
Waffiman wrote:
Abeg ansa me, Oyinbo nor be human being? How you think say dem get their so called Empire. Na thief theif, lie lie, mago mago and egunje dem use.
T-Dot
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

torontoeagle wrote:Waffiman:

Be careful...e be like say you go soon reach ya 419.... th post. Dat na very dangerous numba
Waffiman wrote:
and 419. :P :P :P :P :P :P

Na dem invent 419, not us.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Out of all people its supposed to be Waffiman breaking this kin news,i no expect Guv007.I had to look at the posters name twice. :x
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Guv007 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Don't see them coming up at all except through a miracle.

Oh ye of little faith. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

omey2k4 wrote:Out of all people its supposed to be Waffiman breaking this kin news,i no expect Guv007.I had to look at the posters name twice. :x
Sharraappppp dia! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Guv007 wrote:
we day 8th.
Guv007 becos you dey buy meat for upton market and dem dey give you discount you com dey support West Ham you and CIC :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Prince: Who tell you say I dey support the Hammers? Even though they are 5 mins away from me, I no get time for the yeye team.

There is hardly any club in England in which this crap isn't going on. The inflated agent fees are paid as backhanders back to the coach, and in some clubs certain directors. The English FA have just handed over their file on John Gregory to the police. Leeds are also being investigated for paying about £1m to agents for Roque Junior - who was meant to be on loan.

It's no wonder several English clubs are on the verge of bankruptcy, with money being stolen from the game by crooks.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

Prince wrote:
Guv007 wrote:
we day 8th.
Guv007 becos you dey buy meat for upton market and dem dey give you discount you com dey support West Ham you and CIC :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Prince

You to jealous as the MacDonalds near Chelsea dey give una discount too.
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

Too much EGUNJE and Fergie is trying to keep everything (money) in-house.

Who wouldn't if they can get away with it.
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

All in the familly.
who no know go know.