Celtic pair included in Guinea's Nations Cup squad

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Alaafin
Egg
Egg

Post by Alaafin »

CONAKRY, Jan 12 (Reuters) - Celtic defender Bobo Balde and clubmate Mohamed Sylla have been called up to play for Guinea at the African Nations Cup finals, which kick off in Tunisia at the end of the month.

Midfielder Sylla has been selected despite telling coach Michel Dussuyer that he would not be going to the finals.

"I spoke to Bobo and told him I was staying and he respects that," the 26-year-old told last week's edition of the Scottish club's official magazine Celtic View. "The manager called me and tried to get me to change my mind but once he realised that my mind was made up then he accepted."

"I don't want to go into exactly why I made the decision because that is private and personal, but I thought about it for a while and this is the right thing for me to do," he added.

Squad:

Goalkeepers: Kemoko Camara (Brei Sakhmin, Israel), Abdallah Bah (Nice, France), Mohamed Keita (Bastia, France)

Defenders: Morlaye Soumah (Bastia, France), Bobo Balde (Celtic, Scotland), Kader Camara (Club Bruges, Belgium), Ibrahima Sory Conté (Lokeren, Belgium), Almamy Schuman Bah (Metz, France), Kanfory Sylla (Charleroi, Belgium), Mamadi Kaba (AS-Kaloum)

Midfielders: Sekouba Camara (AS-Kaloum), Abdoul Salam Sow (Qatar), Mangue Camara (As-Kaloum), Ousmane N'Gom Camara (unattached), Abdoulaye Capi Sylla (Tours, France), Mohamed Sylla (Celtic, Scotland), Sekou Oumar Drame (Luthianas, France), Abdoul Karim Syla (Lokeren, Belgium), Pascal Feindouno (Girondins Bordeaux, France)

Strikers: Fode Mansar (Montpellier, France), Alhassane Keita (Zurich, Switzerland), Aboubacar Titi Camara (Al Sailiya, Qatar), Sambegou Bangoura (Standard Liege, Belgium), Souleymane Youla (Genclerbirligi, Turkey), Kaba Diawara (El Quos, Qatar).
Iku Baba Yeye; Alase Ikeji Orisa

He who has power over life and death; Second-in-Command to the gods
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

Guinea,has always had its share of good players,who can forget the Camara

brothers of the 80's Papa camara and Musa camara.
who no know go know.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Chineke see squad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
rogo2k1
Egg
Egg

Post by rogo2k1 »

Which group is Guinea in?
they may make a run for the title this time.

I have a feeling the finalists will be countries that have never been in a championship match in a while, like Mali vs Guinea.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

The boy say e no wan play..them still put in name!!!! Which kind life?