LARRY: Can you check this Babayaro Story?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
LARRY: Can you check this Babayaro Story?

Post by Enugu II »

Chukwu vows to sack Babayaro from Eagles
•••Rejects Saturday arrival date
•••Any absentee should forget Nations Cup
By ANDREW ABAH in Abuja
Super Eagles chief coach Christian Chukwu has informed Chelsea FC of London’s defender, Celestine Babayaro not to bother joining the team in Faro, Portugal after Tuesday night.

Indeed, Babayaro had called up Chukwu on telephone from London informing him of his decision to join the Eagles on Saturday. But Chukwu told him pointedly that the Saturday date was not acceptable and that he should consider himself out of Nigeria’s 2004 African Cup of Nations if he goes ahead with his plans.

Consequently, Chukwu has contacted the Nigeria Football Association (NFA) informing it of his decsision to sack any player that fails to report at the team’s Ria Park Hotel in Faro latest Tuesday night.

Chukwu informed NewAgeSports on telephone from Faro that there would be no automatic shirts for any player no matter his status in the team, adding that: “Apart from the few injuries in the camp presently, the spirit in the team is high and we shall leave for Monastir on January 22.”

He disclosed further that there were 28 players in the team’s camp as at Monday afternoon although he was quite optimistic to have a fuller camp when the legion of Eagles players in the English Premiership and other European leagues arrive by Tuesday night.
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

Enugu II, which newspaper reported this story..and how come it is coming from a journalist in Abuja..

I will call the TC in the morning to verify this story..
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

ah, this one get as e be. :shock:
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
old_obsession
Egg
Egg

Post by old_obsession »

i support chukwu 100% on his stance here even though i would love to see baba in the squad
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

mister dolly wrote:Enugu II, which newspaper reported this story..and how come it is coming from a journalist in Abuja..

I will call the TC in the morning to verify this story..

MD:

It is culled from NewAgeSports
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

So will all the big boys... oga & them, be in camp by 1/13/04? This story smells like BS to me.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I doubt the authencity of the story, plus Nigerians won't stand a squad that doesn't include the likes of Okocha, Kanu and Babayaro.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
senator
Egg
Egg

Post by senator »

If t is true the CCC must be doing some hard job, the guy has poved me wrong for now sha, hope he achieves a result come the tournament proper
''Watching United today was like watching your woman with another man. They were where we should have been, doing exactly what we should have been doing, and deep inside you know they were doing it better than we ever have.'' __Arsenal Fan after watching Man Utd defeat Roma 7-1 10/04/07

mouko wrote:
''Going by this list Nigeria would survive if they can score more than they would concede.''
old_obsession
Egg
Egg

Post by old_obsession »

Its a Goal wrote:I doubt the authencity of the story, plus Nigerians won't stand a squad that doesn't include the likes of Okocha, Kanu and Babayaro.
i know where u're coming from but io'm a nigerian, u're a nigerian.Will u stand for it on tyhe grounds given? I know i will.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

A squad w/o Yobo, jj, kanu, YAK, etc.... C3 better be ready for real war when his flight touches down in Lagos. :mrgreen:
PapaK
Egg
Egg

Post by PapaK »

I support CCC and if it means axing Oga, then so be it!
We cant put up with this nonsense.
Never enter into a quarrel with an id!ot, lest he drag you down to his level and then beat you up with experience.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

PapaK wrote:I support CCC and if it means axing Oga, then so be it!
I agree with you, especially the part as it relates to Oga being a "nonsense" :P :P :P :D :lol:
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]furiously frank[/color] wrote:
I agree with you, especially the part as it relates to Oga being a "nonsense" :P :P :P :D :lol:
Sharrap there. He meant nonsense to the nonsense going on in camp :evil:.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
dagooner
Egg
Egg

Post by dagooner »

PapaK, the canadian weather MUST be doing u wondas!!! ANC without Naijas BEST crop of players???? Wetin Suku wan teach the EPL players wey im never teach them in since wey im get the job ...... abi no be im dey do try ya luck with players?

We ALL know that NO EPL team will be ready to let ANY player go until after this weekends matches.

Na Mondday ANC dey start?
TRUTH is NOT Known by Its Popularity!!!!
PapaK
Egg
Egg

Post by PapaK »

This is getting very frustrating. The boys promised to go after last weekend's game. Now some of them are practicing the disappearing acts, while some are doing "now you see me, now you dont" in Lagos.
If dem no show face for Faro on Tuesday, they should all be dropped. Then, I wont bother to watch the championship. That's better for all of us than raising our hopes high only to get there and start to play those uncoordinated football that's dangerous to Nigerians' health.
Never enter into a quarrel with an id!ot, lest he drag you down to his level and then beat you up with experience.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Sabotage at work here Naija style...
Soldier of Fortune...
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

NA WA, THOSE WHO SUPPOSE TO BE SHOWING GOOD EXAMPLES ARE THE ONES PARADING IN LAGOS, GIVING ORDERS AND THEIR OWN DATE OF ARRIVALS, HOW ARE WE SURE THEY ARE NOT EVEN THE ONE ASKING THEIR ENGLISH COACHES TO HELP WITHOLD THEM FOR A WHILE.
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

MI5 wrote:Sabotage at work here Naija style...
Abi o....
Thank God sey I no be CCC. i for just go rent Eyimba of Aba and take them to the ANC :evil:
Na when all this players wan com camp....?? After the ANC! Okocha, aiyegbini, Kanu, Yobo, and the rest of the EPL naija team players better enter camp A.S.A.P :cry: :cry:
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

CCC must be strong with these guys especially someone like Baba who is being given a second chance. What is he doing in London that he cannot be in camp now? Wonders shall never end.
To stop trying is to start dying
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Make Babayaro go siddon for dotti, abegi
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

Baba was palnning to travel on Thursday to Tunisia when I saw him last week cos we were under the impression that the team would be at Tunisia by then.

Baba plays agaist Watford tomorrow.