Christopher Kanu, Osaze To make final List.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tolu
Christopher Kanu, Osaze To make final List.

Post by Tolu »

CHRISTOPHER Kanu and Osaze Odemwingie's performances in the Super Eagles 2-1 win over FC Zwolle of Holland have given Coach Christian Chukwu hope of a good outing at the 2004 Nations Cup in Tunisia.

Kanu and Osaze, according to our source, were said to have controlled the right side of the Eagles' team so effectively in the first half of the match that Chukwu was left thinking of what could be in Tunisia.

Eagles' first goal in the match, according to the source, was said to have been as a result of the understanding between both players, as it was Kanu's crossfield pass to Joseph Enakhirire, which the midfielder passed for Osaze to finish for the first goal of the match.

Observers at the match venue were said to have predicted that barring any injury to the players they would definitely make the trip to Tunisia in two weeks time for the continental championship.

Other players reported to have impressed the crowd during the time they played in the match include Romanus Orjinta, Ekenne Ezenwa and Joseph Enakhirire. Enakhirire was said to have been so impressive that Coach Chukwu allowed him to finish the match, while substituting the other 10 players, who took part in the first half of the game.

More friendly matches have been lined up for the Eagles in their build-up to the Nations Cup. It is from the performance of the players in the matches that those who will make the journey to Tunisia will be picked.

However, our source revealed that the final list of players for the Nations Cup would not be made public until the arrival of the England-based players, who were permitted to come to the Eagles Faro camp late due to their clubs commitments in the English Premiership.

Chris Kanu was not officially invited by Christian Chukwu.
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

.......so na how many players we wan carry go the ANC proper??? As e be sey everybody na him dey impress for camp because I never see any player wey no impress CCC,... even, plus, including Garba Lawal :| :|
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Will that be Christopher Kanu ahead of Abbey George???
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

If Ogbona Kanu makes the team we know the reason why.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Mago mago in the works...
Soldier of Fortune...
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

omey2k4 wrote:If Ogbona Kanu makes the team we know the reason why.
And what would that reason be?
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

omey2k4 wrote:If Ogbona Kanu makes the team we know the reason why.
So the bobo no fit earn hin jersey again? You know it is comments like this that makes me believe sometime that we are blaming the wrong people for the sad state of Nigerian football. IMO it is fans like you that have led us to the sad state we are right now as a football nation.
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

everybody dey impress for camp, na wa
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I would be very surprised if the list looks any different from this:

(1) Greg Etafia
(2) Vincent Enyeama
(3) Austin Ejide

(4) Chris Kanu
(5) George Abbey
(6) Joe Enakarhire
(7) Joseph Yobo
(8) Isaac Okoronkwo
(9) Romanus Orjinta
(10) Celstine Babayaro
(11) Ifeanyi Udeze

(12) Seyi Olofinjana
(13) Austin Okocha
(14) Gabriel Melkham
(15) Ifeanyi Ekwueme
(16) Chris Obodo
(17) John Utaka
(18) Osaze Odemigwe

(19) Nwankwo Kanu
(20) Julius Aghahowa
(21) Yakubu Aiyegbeni
(22) The question is who takes the spot now vacant as a result of Martins and Agali now not going!

I do not necessarily agree with this list, I just believe it is what CCC will opt for.
Baii
Egg
Egg

Post by Baii »

Ayo whats the key for the guys with smily faces to thier names?
“A fanatic is one who entrenches himself in invincible ignorance.”

― OSWALD CHAMBERS, Baffled to Fight Better
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

...Ayo, I think your list is almost there. However I suspect that Utaka will be moved to the fourth striking role to make room for Pius Ikedia on the right side of midfield.

I also suspect Bob Usim might stake a claim to Chris Kanu's position...or it is possible that Chris Kanu would be dropped in favor of a fifth striker betwen Aliyu/Ogbeche/Ezenwa.

Hence my lists would look like this.

1) Vincent Enyeama
(2) Greg Etafia
(3) Austin Ejide

(4) Chris Kanu
(5) George Abbey
(6) Joe Enakarhire
(7) Joseph Yobo
(8) Isaac Okoronkwo
(9) Romanus Orjinta
(10) Celstine Babayaro
(11) Ifeanyi Udeze

(12) Seyi Olofinjana
(13) Austin Okocha
(14) Gabriel Melkham
(15) Ifeanyi Ekwueme
(16) Chris Obodo
(17) Pius Ikedia
(18) Osaze Odemigwe

(19) Nwankwo Kanu
(20) Julius Aghahowa
(21) Yakubu Aiyegbeni
(22) John Utaka

OR

1) Vincent Enyeama
(2) Greg Etafia
(3) Austin Ejide

(4) George Abbey
(5) Joe Enakarhire
(6) Joseph Yobo
( 7)Isaac Okoronkwo
(8) Romanus Orjinta
(9) Celstine Babayaro
(10) Ifeanyi Udeze

(11) Seyi Olofinjana
(12) Austin Okocha
(13) Gabriel Melkham
(14) Ifeanyi Ekwueme
(15) Chris Obodo
(16) Pius Ikedia
(17) Osaze Odemigwe

(18) Nwankwo Kanu
(19) Julius Aghahowa
(20) Yakubu Aiyegbeni
(21) John Utaka
(22) Aliyu Mohammed / Bart Ogbeche / Ekene Ezenwa
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Ayo, good list... though I suspect that Ekpe Ekong will make the final list plus one home based striker...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

We are on the same wavelength MD, One of these will go. I think the others who do not will be the most dissapointed:

Bob Usim
Garba Lawal
Tijani Babangida
Ikpe Ekong
Ikenne Ezenwa
Bartholomew Ogbeche
Pius Ikedia

Whichever of these six do not go will have a hard time coming to terms with it. I think the other players will accept their fate.

If I were a betting man, of the six above, I would trim the list down to a straight fight between Usim/Lawal/Ogbeche/Ikedia.
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

..Baii.. a bracket ) and the number 8 gets automatically converted to a smiley..
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Is Lawal not there anymore? I think they'll put him in there if he's fit. I'm not happy about it, but to be fair, without him, that midfield is weak defensively.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
HAWKEYE
Egg
Egg

Post by HAWKEYE »

I doubt whether Lawal would be dropped. I won't be surprised to see him instead of Melkham. Experience and versatility might guide CCC's decision.
CAPTAIN HAWKINS
leftee
Egg
Egg

Post by leftee »

Chris Kanu? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
"If You Need a Helping Hand, You'll Find One at the End of Your Arm"
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

With three left footers in camp - Lawal, Melkham and Ekwueme, one has to go. Lawal is the least versatile of all three of them, the oldest and the only one that is clubless.

At right back, Bob Usim, Chris Kanu and George Abbey are fighting for two places. The fact that Chris Kanu is oin the camp despite not being invited, tells me he is likely to get the nod over Bob. Abbey as we all know, wioll start.
The Observer
Egg
Egg

Post by The Observer »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:With three left footers in camp - Lawal, Melkham and Ekwueme, one has to go. Lawal is the least versatile of all three of them, the oldest and the only one that is clubless.

At right back, Bob Usim, Chris Kanu and George Abbey are fighting for two places. The fact that Chris Kanu is oin the camp despite not being invited, tells me he is likely to get the nod over Bob. Abbey as we all know, wioll start.
Ayo, all the three left footers you referred to might make it to Tunisia. The important question is how Chukwu sees things. I would not be surprised if Lawal makes the final 22 at the expense of Orjinta.

Furthermore, Chukwu has invited Lawal for a specific reason, which may be imperative now that West will not make it to Tunisia. I do not think the coaching crew consider Lawal as clubless. Check out the team list post on the Photo Gallery of the friendly match. Lawal is listed as US based.

Ikedia should also make the it.
senator
Egg
Egg

Post by senator »

I agree with you Observer on the Lawal case but it seems Osaze will take the spot meant for Ikedia
Ayo, all the three left footers you referred to might make it to Tunisia. The important question is how Chukwu sees things. I would not be surprised if Lawal makes the final 22 at the expense of Orjinta.
Furthermore, Chukwu has invited Lawal for a specific reason, which may be imperative now that West will not make it to Tunisia. I do not think the coaching crew consider Lawal as clubless. Check out the team list post on the Photo Gallery of the friendly match. Lawal is listed as US based.

Ikedia should also make the it.
''Watching United today was like watching your woman with another man. They were where we should have been, doing exactly what we should have been doing, and deep inside you know they were doing it better than we ever have.'' __Arsenal Fan after watching Man Utd defeat Roma 7-1 10/04/07

mouko wrote:
''Going by this list Nigeria would survive if they can score more than they would concede.''
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Observer, Chukwu did not know anything about Lawal when he was invited. Trust me, CCC was not the sole architect of that list of 41.

I like Garba Lawal with his energy but I think that with Ekwueme and Melkham both able to play in central midfield, left wing back, playmaker and as playmaker, they will get the nod over Lawal. Let us see how things go.
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Ayo: I was under the impression that Chris Kanu was ALWAYS on the originial 41 list. I could be wrong but I doubt it. And as far as I know the technical director (MD's reports) stated that there were no gatecrashers.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Paveman wrote:Ayo: I was under the impression that Chris Kanu was ALWAYS on the originial 41 list. I could be wrong but I doubt it. And as far as I know the technical director (MD's reports) stated that there were no gatecrashers.
Not everything that goes on is reported in public.