TJ Babangida Quits, bid Eagles goodbye.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

VINDAVE
TJ Babangida Quits, bid Eagles goodbye.

Post by VINDAVE »

Image Babangida riding high on Taribo West’s shoulders after scoring the two goals that sent South Africa out of the 2000 Nations Cup finals in Lagos

Babangida told reporters on Monday in Faro, Portugal at the Super Eagles training camp that he would retire from the team after the Tunisia Nations Cup finals.

"I will still continue in football at other levels but I'm through with the national team for good," said Babangida. "I will still play football for three or four more years. Then I will go into business."

For the first time, Babangida told of how the old generation of players were "maltreated by the football authorities in the last Nations Cup in Mali."

He said that the disaster in Mali was caused by the NFA, which refused to honour a deal reached with the players before the commencement of the tournament.

MORE:

http://www.punchng.com/sports/article01
Last edited by VINDAVE on Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Interesting and reading from this it looks like Babangida will be on the team whether the list is out or now... It seems to be a coded message telling everyone he will be there..
Soldier of Fortune...
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

MI5, I think so myself, so atleast, we can have too Alhajis in the team after all na WAZOBIA country be this.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Vindave,

Hmm interesting i jus dey wait for the list wey come out but i no go surprise at all by the names wey i go see for dia CCC style...
Soldier of Fortune...
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

Good for him....i think he should have been in busuness long time before now. Let him pray that he makes the team first...Ireally don't know what he is doing in camp anyways :?
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

omonaija wrote:Good for him....i think he should have been in busuness long time before now. Let him pray that he makes the team first...Ireally don't know what he is doing in camp anyways :?
omo, prayer keee! no need. the die is already cast.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Can anyone tell me why this guy is in camp in the first place?
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

Sir V wrote:Can anyone tell me why this guy is in camp in the first place?
at least to compete for one of their slots in that ZONE.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: TJ Babangida Quits, bid Eagles goodbye.

Post by Sir V »

VINDAVE wrote:Image Babangida riding high on Taribo West’s shoulders after scoring the two goals that sent South Africa out of the 2000 Nations Cup finals in Lagos

Babangida told reporters on Monday in Faro, Portugal at the Super Eagles training camp that he would retire from the team after the Tunisia Nations Cup finals.

"I will still continue in football at other levels but I'm through with the national team for good," said Babangida. "I will still play football for three or four more years. Then I will go into business."

For the first time, Babangida told of how the old generation of players were "maltreated by the football authorities in the last Nations Cup in Mali."

He said that the disaster in Mali was caused by the NFA, which refused to honour a deal reached with the players before the commencement of the tournament.

MORE:

http://www.punchng.com/sports/article01
Na blue jersey we use?
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

VINDAVE wrote:
omonaija wrote:Good for him....i think he should have been in busuness long time before now. Let him pray that he makes the team first...Ireally don't know what he is doing in camp anyways :?
wE nO nEeD THis GuY foR CAmP, HoPe SeY CCC dEcAmP ThIs OnE wAy pLYeR :!:
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

omonaija wrote:
VINDAVE wrote:
wE nO nEeD THis GuY foR CAmP, HoPe SeY CCC dEcAmP ThIs OnE wAy pLYeR :!:
Na OUR J5 u deh talk to like this???? no let the Atikus, the Babangidas and the Zinginas catch u o!
Last edited by VINDAVE on Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

VINDAVE,
I thought what you wanted to say was that, the Atikus, the Babangidas and the Zinginas should be careful because If I catch them....uuh them go hear wen! even plus, including the wasteful resources J5.
La Reussi
Egg
Egg

Post by La Reussi »

Have you guys ever heard of Quota system?It has been and will always be the bane of everything Nigerian.He's there to fulfill the quota of a section of the country.Same reason why Lawal is always on everyteam.Has little or nothing to do with competence or current form.How many clubless footballers are in camp, apart from Garuba Lawal? How many china based players are in Camp, apart from Babangida?

La Reussi
In all things and every situation, give thanks to God.
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

La Reussi wrote:Have you guys ever heard of Quota system?It has been and will always be the bane of everything Nigerian.He's there to fulfill the quota of a section of the country.Same reason why Lawal is always on everyteam.Has little or nothing to do with competence or current form.How many clubless footballers are in camp, apart from Garuba Lawal? How many china based players are in Camp, apart from Babangida?

La Reussi
But is high time the younger players from that quarter allowed their place too... after all, we have Yaro Yaro there and I think Babayaro has been believed to come from that zone too. So what is so special about this two old brigades.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

A good servant , his time has come and past. good luck for the future TJ
VINDAVE
Re: TJ Babangida Quits, bid Eagles goodbye.

Post by VINDAVE »

Sir V wrote:
VINDAVE wrote:Image Babangida riding high on Taribo West’s shoulders after scoring the two goals that sent South Africa out of the 2000 Nations Cup finals in Lagos

Na blue jersey we use?
Is not blue but green, na camera problem.
La Reussi
Egg
Egg

Post by La Reussi »

Vindave, who told you yaroyaro is a young man?

La Reussi
In all things and every situation, give thanks to God.
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

La Reussi wrote:Vindave, who told you yaroyaro is a young man?

La Reussi
The feelings is that any Nigerian Player that has not gone offshore is regarded as one
ImageImageImageImageImage