Ogbeche Told to Forget ANC

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Shownoja
Egg
Egg
Ogbeche Told to Forget ANC

Post by Shownoja »

Culled from the Guardian online

From Mathias Okwe, Abuja

CHIEF Coach of the Super Eagles, Christian Chukwu, is contemplating petitioning FIFA, the world soccer body, over the non-release of Super Eagles' invited players by English clubs in Europe for this year's Nations Cup tournament expected to kick off on January 24 this month.

According to the Nigeria Football Association (NFA) spokesman, Samuel Kaalu, who briefed journalists in Abuja yesterday on situation in the camp, said Chukwu had informed the FA about the plan, adding that the development was not in the best interest of the team, which was preparing to re-enact its 1994 feat in Tunisia.

Some of the utility players of the Super Eagles invited were last week yet to report to Eagles' camp because of non-release by their clubs.

They include: Bolton's Okocha, the team's skipper, Arsenal's Nwankwo Kanu and Everton's Joseph Yobo.

They were, however, expected to hit camp yesterday, according to Kaalu, who spoke with Chukwu on phone.

He said a total of 28 players were in camp as at yesterday, including Isaac Okoronkwo, adding that Chukwu had turned down Celestine Babayaro's request to arrive on Saturday, insisting that he should either arrive yesterday or forget the Nations Cup tournament.

In the same vein, Bartholomew Ogbeche, whose club said they would not release him until Wednesday, has been told by Chukwu to forget Tunisia 2004, as according to the coach, every invited player must struggle for a shirt for the Nations Cup as there was nothing like automatic shirt.

Chukwu said decamped home-based players are to leave Portugal for Nigeria on January 17, while the team for the Nations Cup will leave for Tunisia on January 22, 2004.

He said the spirit and morale in camp was high and players were exhibiting good discipline.
To stop trying is to start dying
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Does this same thing apply to Kanu also?
Soldier of Fortune...
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

I hope so. While the man might be talented, this kind of indisciplin will cost us dearly if tolerated.
Jmal
Egg
Egg

Post by Jmal »

Well if this is true ,...its good news because i feel the players need
A good discipline BY CCC...Ogbeche and others who still not are here...am not happy at all..
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

what is wrong with this boy self, last time u said you were going to finalize your contract and could not make it to Mali, now after shouting for your inclusion, you are there again struggling btw club and country. anyway, na u sabi, na ur toror be dat.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

I dont have any hope! :cry:
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

omey2k4 wrote:I dont have any hope! :cry:
You're alone bruv :)
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
Cross
Egg
Egg

Post by Cross »

guys like ogbeche who have a lot to prove in football (eagles and PSG) should naturally be the first to storm camp. Okocha and Kanu on the other hand have very little to prove.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

This is a very disappointing development.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

we need this boy on the bench...in a way its not Ogbeche's fault since his club refused to release him....
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Blakes - You cant say that. If the boy had told the coaches he was having problems being released, they could have threathened PSG just like they are doing to Arsenal, Bolton and Pompey now.
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

they are going to do it to Arsenal, Bolton and pompey...if players from these clubs are not yet in camp then i don't see why ogbechhe cant still say he was having problems being released...there is a huge double standard...and Like i saaid b4 C3 should have just turned on his TV and selected his 22....on what basis is YAk allowed to stroll in late yet ogbeche has been asked to go home...
Yak is being on judged by what he did on TV and not how he blends-in in camp.I think ogbeche should still be given a chance even if its one friendly..
-Biggie
leftee
Egg
Egg

Post by leftee »

So should Kanu and anybody else not in camp by the (already ridiculously late) deadline. Treat all players equally
"If You Need a Helping Hand, You'll Find One at the End of Your Arm"
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

Blakes wrote:they are going to do it to Arsenal, Bolton and pompey...if players from these clubs are not yet in camp then i don't see why ogbechhe cant still say he was having problems being released...there is a huge double standard...and Like i saaid b4 C3 should have just turned on his TV and selected his 22....on what basis is YAk allowed to stroll in late yet ogbeche has been asked to go home...
Yak is being on judged by what he did on TV and not how he blends-in in camp.I think ogbeche should still be given a chance even if its one friendly..
Blakes...you are so right and I agree with you. IMHO, CCC is sending out conflicting messages to the players not yet in camp. He needs to lay down the law for one and all or lay down no law at all..
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

Kanu ,Ogbeche,Yak,Yobo,Baba,Okocha, Utaka...all have the same reasons for reporting to camp late....yet some have been asked to go home i.e ogbeche...at this rate we will never find any new players since we give the old and dying unecessary VIP status..
-Biggie
marloski
Egg
Egg

Post by marloski »

Ogbeche na fringe player
Okocha na captain and talisman,besides if alardice had his way we would not see JJ at all.
Ayegbeni na hot property.
Kanu na...............well me I don't know where to put him sha.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Say it like it is, Kanu is living on past glory he has no business playing for Naija
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

well with the way things are going kanu will continue to live on past glory for another 5 years..and when the time comes so will okocha and all the other "talisman" abi "mascots" on the team.BTW Kanu does just about as much as a mascot for the Super eagles..
-Biggie
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

Why do you believe this story.

Mathias Okwe is telling a lot of lies here and the articles shows alot of floors.

Obviously he has been visiting CE and overloaded himself with info and ended up writing this genius of a article.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Blake, i think you should take into consideration the fact that (unlike Ogbeche) Kanu, Okocha, and Aiyegbeni have all played multiple times under CCC so he knows them, how they play and how he wants to use them and they are for the most part starters in their clubs (except Kanu) unlike Ogbeche who hasn't featured for CCC and so he needs to be in camp to show the coach what he can do.
Blakes wrote:well with the way things are going kanu will continue to live on past glory for another 5 years..and when the time comes so will okocha and all the other "talisman" abi "mascots" on the team.BTW Kanu does just about as much as a mascot for the Super eagles..
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

Blake, i think you should take into consideration the fact that (unlike Ogbeche) Kanu, Okocha, and Aiyegbeni have all played multiple times under CCC so he knows them, how they play and how he wants to use them and they are for the most part starters in their clubs (except Kanu) unlike Ogbeche who hasn't featured for CCC and so he needs to be in camp to show the coach what he can do.

it is impossible for coaches to be completely nuetral when it comes to selecting players, there is always a degree of prefrence involved...But this level of prefrence that C3 is showing is the kinda of stuff that will leave the okocha's and Kanu's playing till they are 45...
as a coach u have the players u prefer to use, but then u also have to be on the look out of new talent ....this "new talent" are the players who are allowed to warm the bench and come-in in the last 15 minutes of the game and play well...isn't this how we found aghohowa..
-Biggie
daddyrich
Egg
Egg

Post by daddyrich »

Ogbeche's exclusion must be tribalism! ...oh dear, I guess they're from the same tribe - no wonder I hadn't heard it already!! :|
Baxter Onigbinde's second coming is the most disingenious stint ever in Nigerian coaching history.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Blakes,

it doesn't seem like Ogbeche kept in contact with CCC or the NFA, the English players had already been given the go ahead to arrive later, so y didn't Ogbeche pick up the phone and let CCC know that he needs time also?

Larry already posted that Ogbeche doesn't have a clue what is going on in camp and will be travelling with Utaka, isn't this utter nonsense? If he wanted to make the team y wouldn't he keep in contact with the coaches?
Blakes wrote:

it is impossible for coaches to be completely nuetral when it comes to selecting players, there is always a degree of prefrence involved...But this level of prefrence that C3 is showing is the kinda of stuff that will leave the okocha's and Kanu's playing till they are 45...
as a coach u have the players u prefer to use, but then u also have to be on the look out of new talent ....this "new talent" are the players who are allowed to warm the bench and come-in in the last 15 minutes of the game and play well...isn't this how we found aghohowa..
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!