Kanu on Eko FM

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

PapaK
Egg
Egg
Kanu on Eko FM

Post by PapaK »

You may all want to deny it, but this story from Guardian has just confirmed it that it's not only Punch reporters that saw Kanu in Lagos. He was on radio as well. Very sad!
Kanu calls for prayer
By Adeyinka Adedipe

SUPER Eagles' mercurial midfielder, Kanu Nwankwo has called for prayer for the team in their quest to lift the Nations Cup in Tunisia. The Arsenal of England's star stated that despite the preparation of the team, prayers are still needed to excel.

Kanu who was at the EKO FM conference hall venue of the WAMCO Tunisia 2004 promotional draw said: "I am very happy to be part of this event. And I am using this opportunity to call on Nigerians to support and pray for us so that we can bring back the cup to Nigeria."

Kanu who has been in impressive form of late is one of the players Coach Christian Chukwu is banking on at the Championship. He scored against Everton last Wednesday while he provided two assists in Arsenal's 4-1 demolition of Leicester City at the weekend.

With Kanu's presence in Lagos, it is however not clear whether he would join his team-mate at the Faro camp. A source close to the Nigerian international stated that he may not join the camp until January 17, five days before the Eagles will depart Portugal for Tunisia.

"The NFA has already granted approval for Kanu and Okocha to join the team after their league games on January 17", the source added.
Never enter into a quarrel with an id!ot, lest he drag you down to his level and then beat you up with experience.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: It's okay to drop Uche Kalu and Femi Opabunmi for others. It's okay to tell Ogbeche not to bother showing up in Faro. It's cool for players like Kanu not to report to camp immediately after his release from his club and many more... Wow double standards at it's highest where different rules for different people...

What is all this CCC talk about taking reporting Bolton and Arsenal to FIFA when they have been released????

Certain deadline for certain people.. Hmmm i dey wonder oh...
Soldier of Fortune...
PapaK
Egg
Egg

Post by PapaK »

Kanu's presence in Lagos is a clear evidence that he's been released. Bolton's official declaration of lack of knowledge of Okocha's whereabouts is an evidence they had released him.
Why are these guys not heading to Faro immediately?!
I need explanations quickly before I join the UBA and BANK. :D
Never enter into a quarrel with an id!ot, lest he drag you down to his level and then beat you up with experience.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

We need to hold fire a bit here. While I am dissappointed in this action by Kanu, it might just be the case that the NFA are aware that he is in Lagos.

If memory serves me right, there was an article on Eyinmba, where in it Peak officials intimated that they had given a cheque of $50,000 (i'm not sure of the figure) to the NFA for the ANC. Could it be that this was pasrt of the sponsorship agreement, for one of the leading stars of the team to be involved in promotional work to coincide with the ANC?

It could well be, and they have chosen Kanu, and will pay him as well for his time. My point here is that he just might have had the blessing of the NFA to make this move, otherwise it will be a very bold and rude move to make.
To stop trying is to start dying
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Excuses excuses excuses as always.....

Shownoja wrote:We need to hold fire a bit here. While I am dissappointed in this action by Kanu, it might just be the case that the NFA are aware that he is in Lagos.

If memory serves me right, there was an article on Eyinmba, where in it Peak officials intimated that they had given a cheque of $50,000 (i'm not sure of the figure) to the NFA for the ANC. Could it be that this was pasrt of the sponsorship agreement, for one of the leading stars of the team to be involved in promotional work to coincide with the ANC?

It could well be, and they have chosen Kanu, and will pay him as well for his time. My point here is that he just might have had the blessing of the NFA to make this move, otherwise it will be a very bold and rude move to make.
Soldier of Fortune...
bigtruth
Egg
Egg

Post by bigtruth »

If it is true, then I think he should have gone straight to Faro not Lagos.
Last edited by bigtruth on Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thought
Egg
Egg

Post by Thought »

PapaK wrote:Kanu's presence in Lagos is a clear evidence that he's been released. Bolton's official declaration of lack of knowledge of Okocha's whereabouts is an evidence they had released him.
Bros, take am easy now. :shock:
Real Madrid - The Greatest Club on Earth!
La Reussi
Egg
Egg

Post by La Reussi »

Have u forgotten Kanu has approval of the NFA to report to camp on the 17th?What's all the noise about abeg?

La Reussi
In all things and every situation, give thanks to God.
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

Shownoja wrote:We need to hold fire a bit here. While I am dissappointed in this action by Kanu, it might just be the case that the NFA are aware that he is in Lagos.

Shownoja

1.Are you saying that Peak don't trust the NFA and would rather give the cheque to Kanu?

2.The cheque is so light that only Kanu can carry it?
Jmal
Egg
Egg

Post by Jmal »

I was also sad that Kanu is in lagos if the news is true ...

mybe he wanted to visit his family before jeting to Faro....

u guys need to chill Kanu is very important weather he drink juice or wisky....he will deliver when the time comes... :lol: :lol: :lol:

he knows what is waiting for him because this is 3 time he is ANC WITHOUT SCORING A SINGEL GOAL.....
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Since i will be going to Tunisia they should have contacted me to make quick stop and pick up the cheque... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guv007 wrote:

Shownoja

1.Are you saying that Peak don't trust the NFA and would rather give the cheque to Kanu?

2.The cheque is so light that only Kanu can carry it?
Soldier of Fortune...
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

Why the ned to go to Lagos when he could have gone to FARO straight from London?
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

PapaK wrote:Kanu's presence in Lagos is a clear evidence that he's been released. Bolton's official declaration of lack of knowledge of Okocha's whereabouts is an evidence they had released him.
Or you could reduce the hassle by half and join the United Bank of Africa (UBA)
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Una see wetin I dey talk about Kanu's houseboys...

When the boy doesn't score them go call am "Assistant Striker"

When them talk say e no fit in with Arsenal's free-flowing soccer them go say na "Ball Holder"

And now when Arsenal don release am and im no show up for camp them say e dey Naija to help collect promotional check.....LOL...Joseph Goebbels no get anything on Kanu's spin doctors...

The boy is a wastepipe...Only Good for the Carling cup and impeding the growth of Nigeria's young strikers
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Papa K:
This can't be correct.

Waffi already informed us that he talked to a friend of a friend of a friend of Kanu.

That friend told him that Kanu is not in Nigeria! :lol:
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Lol @ Yujam....The angel* is in Lagos!!!!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Ugbowo wrote:Lol @ Yujam....The angel* is in Lagos!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sunshinestar
Egg
Egg

Post by sunshinestar »

MI5 wrote::D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: It's okay to drop Uche Kalu and Femi Opabunmi for others. It's okay to tell Ogbeche not to bother showing up in Faro. It's cool for players like Kanu not to report to camp immediately after his release from his club and many more... Wow double standards at it's highest where different rules for different people...

What is all this CCC talk about taking reporting Bolton and Arsenal to FIFA when they have been released????

Certain deadline for certain people.. Hmmm i dey wonder oh...
Simple truth :!:
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Why must they go to Nigeria and chuk before they go to camp?No wonder the guy hasnt scored 1 goal in 12 ANC matches.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
ukblack
Egg
Egg

Post by ukblack »

Furhtermore after ANC he and Babayaro will do their customary one week disappearing act.

I just can't understand why they cant be professional (a bit rich coming from me who is spending time on the forum instead of working, nothing spoil) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)