Diawara becomes latest to seek to new nationality

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Jmal
Egg
Egg

Post by Jmal »

By Mark Gleeson

JOHANNESBURG, Jan 13 (Reuters) - Former Arsenal and Paris St Germain striker Kaba Diawara has become the latest ex-French junior international to seek permission from FIFA to change his nationality and play at the African Nations Cup finals.

Diawara, who played for France at Under-21 level, has been named by Guinea in a provisional squad for the tournament in Tunisia from January 24-February 14.

The move brings to seven the number of former French junior internationals who have opted for an international career with African countries after a change in the FIFA statutes.

The 27-year-old forward, whose previous clubs also include Bordeaux, Olympique Marseille, Blackburn Rovers and West Ham United, now plays in Qatar and is expected to be given permission to represent his parents' country.

FIFA have already granted permission to Frederic Kanoute and Mohamed Lamine Cissokho to play for Mali, Lamine Sakho for Senegal and three others to appear for Algeria at the Nations Cup -- Samir Beloufa, Abdelnasser Ouadah and Antar Yahia.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

No thats what am talking about,this french people will be scared now LOL.We taking back what we own. :lol:
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Fourteen
Egg
Egg

Post by Fourteen »

o boy - the rate at which all the ex-fake-french players dey come join African teams - Nations cup will be very explosive this year - and hopefully for years to come. [Licking his lips]. Now to go and perfect my excuses :wink:
nasoo
Egg
Egg

Post by nasoo »

France own don dey finish small small :D :D
IN GOD I TRUST, WITHOUT HIM I AM NOTHING