Papillo is still in London

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

quickie
Egg
Egg

Post by quickie »

Waffi,

No mind dem....dem just wan cause unnecesary wahala between Arsenal and NFA with all the rumours.
Even if he was in Lagos, he must have had permission to go (or miss training) from Arsenal.

Q
leftee
Egg
Egg

Post by leftee »

If he plays for Arsenal on Saturday; he should be dropped from our ANC team period!
"If You Need a Helping Hand, You'll Find One at the End of Your Arm"
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

waka-man wrote:Waffi, na the same phone you bin use today as the one wey use bin use for Okocha to Jamaica?? You suppose tro way dat phone man.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No worries, forget 'phone Larry go verify soonest.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
quickie
Egg
Egg

Post by quickie »

leftee wrote:If he plays for Arsenal on Saturday; he should be dropped from our ANC team period!
In fact the Villa v Arsenal match is even Sunday. ...don't be surprised if he is spotted in Birmingham running rings past Melberg on Sunday o. :D :D :D

Q
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

quickie wrote:
leftee wrote:If he plays for Arsenal on Saturday; he should be dropped from our ANC team period!
In fact the Villa v Arsenal match is even Sunday. ...don't be surprised if he is spotted in Birmingham running rings past Melberg on Sunday o. :D :D :D

Q
quickie, you just wan start war for here. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
temitope
Egg
Egg

Post by temitope »

Waffiman

What is the possibility of a deal here .. Kanu heading off to Faro for a few days and then heading back for the game... If Kanu misses the game then Arsene will play Bentley who has been on the bench .. If Bentley impresses then its curtains for kanu..
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

temitope wrote:Waffiman

What is the possibility of a deal here .. Kanu heading off to Faro for a few days and then heading back for the game... If Kanu misses the game then Arsene will play Bentley who has been on the bench .. If Bentley impresses then its curtains for kanu..
In theory yes, Papi could lose his place. But Bentley na small boy and he never ready yet. Make we see how he cope against Ugo and Southgate first.
La Reussi
Egg
Egg

Post by La Reussi »

Guys, Kanu was in Lagos.

La Reussi
In all things and every situation, give thanks to God.
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Waffiman wrote:I did not speak to Papi but I spoke to another player who is a close friend and he verified he was still in London. Guys that story in the punch is junk.
WAFFI:
I am skeptical about your friend's assertion, for although I am not a big fan of Nigerian journalists in general, the SECOND paragraph of the following news report is far too detailed to summarily dismiss:

http://www.newage-online.com/sports/article10
Last edited by Gotti on Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
okuns
Egg
Egg

Post by okuns »

If I get Kanu kind money, I go dey commute from London to Lagos everyday...
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Like I said Gotti, Larry will confirm. My direct contact to Papi is actually in Lagos at present.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]okuns[/color] wrote:If I get Kanu kind money, I go dey commute from London to Lagos everyday...
Dat mean say you go bi like YeKing wey dey play soccer at 60 just to get money to chop :P.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

Waffi e be like sya your sources don disappoint you oh. Them don leave you solo to chop stray blows :lol:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Bottomline: It is a win-win situation for Nigeria and Arsenal if Kanu remains in London for the next six weeks, Period!
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Conclusion: Kanu made the trip and fly back immediately. apparently he used the excuse that he is going to Lagos to physically convince NFA to extend his stay to sort out a commercial deal. He was also smart enough to fly back within time. So Waffi's cell phone is now working welll... :D :D Kanu did "plane and deplane" to Nigeria within 36 hours :lol: :lol: . Channels TV pick him live. Case closed :!:
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Africana
Egg
Egg

Post by Africana »

Waffiman:

Would you look me in the eye and say that Kanu was not in Nigeria this weekend, even if he has since returned to London?

Ask your source pointedly, not just the easy question, "IS Kanu in London?" and the equally easy answer, "Kanu IS in London."

The question should be, "Was Kanu in Nigeria on Monday?"

On a related matter, I find it incomprehensible that Kanu is going to inordinate lengths to play for Arsenal, now bent on tossing him away, when he should be practising with the Eagles.

Does the man have self-esteem at all?
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Waffi should revert to NITEL kia, kia
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
sunshinestar
Egg
Egg
Re: Papillo is still in London

Post by sunshinestar »

Waffiman wrote:Guys please do not believe all the reports about Papi being in Lagos. He is still in London, I have just 'phoned and got confirmation about this.
AIT this morning showed Kanu among the dignatories at the Peak Milk Promotion extravaganza,in Lagos,on Monday.
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by original skeepolah »

llll
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

Waffi:

It is apparent from the stories including those who watched AIT and Ikwerreman who I presume was at the event, that Kanu was infact in Lagos. It seems therefore that the reasonable conclusion is that he was in Nigeria briefly for the event and then returned to London. However, your source may be able to explain it differently, if at all possible.
bleaching cream
Egg
Egg

Post by bleaching cream »

Waffiman wrote:I did not speak to Papi but I spoke to another player who is a close friend and he verified he was still in London. Guys that story in the punch is junk.
Waffi, e bi like say na u be de "junk" journalist :D
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Leave my fellow Arsenal supporter alone jo!