Papillo is still in London

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Papillo is still in London

Post by Waffiman »

Guys please do not believe all the reports about Papi being in Lagos. He is still in London, I have just 'phoned and got confirmation about this.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Waffi,

Did you actually speak to him?

If you did then Kanu must have a doppleganger.

8-)

Cheers
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

Thanks oh jare Waffiman. Can you please tell Kanu not to engage his phone. I have been trying to call him all day. :D
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

mmmmm hmmmmmm! :lol:

Is your source secret? :roll:
Guys please do not believe all the reports about Papi being in Lagos. He is still in London, I have just 'phoned and got confirmation about this.
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Kanu in D-day
By Steve Stammers, Evening Standard

13 January 2004

Arsenal will learn tomorrow if Nwankwo Kanu has been successful in his plea to the Nigerian Football Association to delay his arrival for the African Nations Cup.

Kanu has contacted the authorities in Lagos to ask if he can play in Sunday's clash at Aston Villa before joining up with his international team-mates for the tournament in Tunisia.

Arsenal will again be without Dennis Bergkamp and Sylvain Wiltord and promising French striker Jeremie Aliadiere is out for three weeks with knee ligament damage.
=================================

When I first read this, I read thism as Kanu being in Lagos and speaking to the NFA, but re-reading it, it supports what Waffi is saying..
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

AreaDaddy, whats your point?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

I did not speak to Papi but I spoke to another player who is a close friend and he verified he was still in London. Guys that story in the punch is junk.
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

So far as he is not in Camp with the rest of his mates, he should not be tgiven preferential treatment
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

This is what a mean about trash Naija journalism!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

EW

In another thread I had suggested that if he is in Lagos, he may be there with Arsenal's permission, based on my initial reading of the Evening standard article.

I had misinterpeted the part where it says he is in contact with authorities in Lagos as implying he was doing this physically, I did not consider the fact that he could well be doing this over the phone and in no sense does it imply he is physically in Lagos.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Waffiman wrote:I did not speak to Papi but I spoke to another player who is a close friend and he verified he was still in London. Guys that story in the punch is junk.
Ol'boy, how you go hang your neck out like dat? You spoke to another player who is a close friend?

Remember what happened when you spoke to Okocha on the plane to Jamaica and when they deplaned, Okocha miraculously disappeared.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Cellular wrote:
Waffiman wrote:I did not speak to Papi but I spoke to another player who is a close friend and he verified he was still in London. Guys that story in the punch is junk.
Ol'boy, how you go hang your neck out like dat? You spoke to another player who is a close friend?

Remember what happened when you spoke to Okocha on the plane to Jamaica and when they deplaned, Okocha miraculously disappeared.
"deplaned" What the hell does that mean?
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

Cellular wrote:

Cellular, are u into voodoo or something? U just took the exact words out of my mouth!
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cellular wrote:

You dey find trouble oh. :x :x As you know I nor speak to Oga and the message I received was crossed because of a bad mobile 'phone line. Yeye man. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :D :D :D
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

To disembark from a plane...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Waffiman wrote:
Cellular wrote:

You dey find trouble oh. :x :x As you know I nor speak to Oga and the message I received was crossed because of a bad mobile 'phone line. Yeye man. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :D :D :D
Oga Waffi, you know I couldn't resist... :lol: :lol: :) :) :lol: :lol:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Cellular wrote:
Then why didn't you say that instead of writing bad English? :wink:
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kanu may very well be in London right now, I mean how long does it take to fly back to London from Nigeria within a 24 hour period?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Waffi, na the same phone you bin use today as the one wey use bin use for Okocha to Jamaica?? You suppose tro way dat phone man.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

RudeBoy wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Then why didn't you say that instead of writing bad English? :wink:
Rudeboy, for my standard 5 level edumacation, na "deplane" way we bin dey use... I will try to use more modern vocabulary... :lol: :lol: :) :) :lol: :lol:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Riche007 wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Cellular, are u into voodoo or something? U just took the exact words out of my mouth!
Men...you people beat me to it sha !
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Its a Goal wrote:Kanu may very well be in London right now, I mean how long does it take to fly back to London from Nigeria within a 24 hour period?
Very true. I think the report was a bit too vivid and descriptive to have been made up by a Punch Journalist. A Guardian Journalist also carried the story, so I dont think they are lying. It does not take very long to hot foot it to Nigeria and back to London without your friends knowing you are gone.

Abi Kanu dey report im whereabouts to this ya source?
To stop trying is to start dying
oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

Guys,
Kanu was actually in Lagos for the peak promotions, speak to any folks of yours who has access to Channels TV in Lagos, he was shown handing out the prizes, wearing a Blue 'senega' brocade.
As some other cybers have mentioned, London to Lagos is a little under 6 hours.
BTW, i confirmed the Channels TV stuff with someone residing in Lagos.
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS