Shouldn't NFA publicly attack Wenger?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

The way some of you guys jump to conclusions and resort to name calling is absolutely absurd and ignorant...

Jiggerman you should be ashamed of yourself....Have you looked at Arsenal's team and seen how many black players are on the roster. Was he not the same one that plucked Kanu off the bench at Inter where he was languishing and gave him start after start despite all the protestations to the contrary because of his poor form.

And if Wenger is holding Kanu back, then why is he in Lagos eating pepper soup rather than in Faro with the rest of the Eagles. When you cry Wolf all the time you do a disservice to the genuine sufferers from racism and discimination in this world :shock: :roll: :roll:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
quickie
Egg
Egg

Post by quickie »

Jiggerman21 wrote:okjazz,

I am an Arsenal fan.

I would not have guessed so with all those names that you called Wenger.

As an Arsenal fan, you should know the bracket of Kanu's wages.....that Kanu's contract ends soon.....the predicament of Arsenal regarding strikers at the mo.

The man that is missing out most in all this is Kanu himself. This is probably the best time for him to cement a place at arsenal and probably sway the club towards an extension.

For the money he's on, and the number of matches he has played, is it too much for his employers to demand him to play an extra game?

I'll ask you honestly, if have agreed a booked holiday to say Lagos for Xmas in your company for a member of staff, and all the guys covering the holidayman start dropping like flies, would you kindly appeal to the holidayman to stay for extra 3 days or just throw caution to the wind?

Q
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

anikulapo,

numbers of black players, yes..... but respect for their patriotic obligations, capital NO.

The players are a means to an end and it's a slap in the face of the entire black race should Wenger get his way...again.

Kanu was a cheap, potentially valuable resource. It's like buying a cheap house, touching it up and deriving great value from it.

Wenger shows no respect for Africa, and we keep on taking it. Other coaches have joined his bandwagon.

Anyway, money talks. We cannot really fight them.
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Kanu is cheap??????

What?

Do you know how much Kanu makes a week? Jiggerman come on, you have got to be kidding me....Please say you really don believe what you areb saying here
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

anikulapo wrote:Kanu is cheap??????

What?

Do you know how much Kanu makes a week? Jiggerman come on, you have got to be kidding me....Please say you really don believe what you areb saying here
I didn't say Kanu is cheap, I said he was cheap. Relatively cheap for a guy of his quality. That's why Wenger swooped. Not for the man, but for the business.
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

quickie wrote: I'll ask you honestly, if have agreed a booked holiday to say Lagos for Xmas in your company for a member of staff, and all the guys covering the holidayman start dropping like flies, would you kindly appeal to the holidayman to stay for extra 3 days or just throw caution to the wind?

Q
If the man/woman was going to serve his/her country, I will let him go. You cannot compare ANC to holidays.

Anyway, this argument is becoming redundant. Perhaps we will never reach the dizzy heights of 1994 again, given that all our players have to secure their club careers , especially when it comes to ANC.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

SO are you telling me that Wenger is responsible for Kanu reportedly being in Lagos chilling while he should be in Faro.

MLK.
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

Do you know what Kanu is doing in Lagos, really? If at all he is there? What does that have to do with anything?
quickie
Egg
Egg

Post by quickie »

Jiggerman21 wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Kanu is cheap??????

What?

I didn't say Kanu is cheap, I said he was cheap. Relatively cheap for a guy of his quality. That's why Wenger swooped. Not for the man, but for the business.

When Kanu was languishing in the reserves of Inter (I didn't mention Martins o) after his hear operation, who wanted to touch him? Kanu was a HUGE gamble which no one was willing to take except Wenger. All the papers here were sharpening their pens and waiting for him to flop.
Let's face it, if you were not Nigerian/African, would you gamble £4m on Kanu? Come off it, man.

Kanu wasn't cheap...and he definitely isn't cheap.
Let me put it in perspective....

North Bank Gooners buy a season's ticket for over £1000 per season.
A season's ticket holder will have to buy his booklet for 40 years to be able to pay for Kanu's weekly wages.

You work it out, and say Kanu doesn't owe his club and fans an extra game rather than checking out G-strings in Portugal.

Q
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

If he is in Lagos then all the wailing you are doing because you claim Wenger is a bigot for not releasing African players on time to play for their country is ridiculous....Because Kanu is doing an even bigger disservice because he has been released and is busy pursuing other matters rather than preparing for the ANC

MLK.
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

quickie,
You work it out, and say Kanu doesn't owe his club and fans an extra game rather than checking out G-strings in Portugal.
This is exactly my point. Why should National service be compared to checking out G-strings on a beach?

National service used to be sacred and honourable. Now it's a game of chess between the Wengers and the FAs.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Jigga: Are you sure you read Quickie's post? :mrgreen:

MLK.