Your DEFENSE looks very shaky, folks

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Mbape
Egg
Egg
Your DEFENSE looks very shaky, folks

Post by Mbape »

Without the recent news about Taribo; without Okoronkwo's fitness problem; without Udeze's possible suspension, the Nigeria defense was not much to rave about. With these problems you are approaching a crisis. I have to admit I don't know what the new guys like Abbey George, Melkam, or Enakhaire (sp?) bring to the table, but they sure do not bring experience, and if you absolutely have to have experience anywhere, its on defense. You will not win too many shootouts in a tournament like the ANC.

What do do? First, Babayaro should be your starting left back. I don't get this Baba/Udeze debate. Its a no-brainer IMO. Second, you would need to deploy a 3-5-2 system and reinforce the midfield with wingers who can retract and defend as well as attack on the flanks (question mark will be the role of Okocha as distributor/playmaker). Udeze might be the left side solution there. I don't know about the right side (maybe Utaka if he can defend). Strike pair at any rate s/b Aghahowa and Yakubu.

PS, I know some of you will accuse me of disengenuity in recommending Babayaro over Udeze, but I am on the up and up!
Last edited by Mbape on Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

Punk! :mrgreen:
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Mbape,

You just have to wait and see...

The bandwagon will roll into town shortly, when the Eagles have landed and the drums start beating, you go hear wen!

;-)

Cheers
Cross
Egg
Egg

Post by Cross »

Sound analysis, although you forgot to mention the goal keeping problem which when factored into the defensive problem would give a very hopeless picture.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Mr Shows wrote:Mbape,

You just have to wait and see...

The bandwagon will roll into town shortly, when the Eagles have landed and the drums start beating, you go hear wen!

;-)

Cheers
I gotta give it to us tho...we get mouth!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

Mbape is right ...cele vs udeze is a no brainer....I have always said I fancy udeze better in left midfield...
Mbape
Egg
Egg

Post by Mbape »

Cross wrote:Sound analysis, although you forgot to mention the goal keeping problem which when factored into the defensive problem would give a very hopeless picture.
Yap, Cross. The goalkeeping just compounds the problem. As I see it the best solution is to reinforce the midfield.
Baii
Egg
Egg

Post by Baii »

As usual the truth is a bitter pill to swallow.
“A fanatic is one who entrenches himself in invincible ignorance.”

― OSWALD CHAMBERS, Baffled to Fight Better
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

The guy is saying the truth.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

He is saying the truth but we don't need him to say it :mrgreen:
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Jiggerman21 wrote:He is saying the truth but we don't need him to say it :mrgreen:
So you need Chukwu to say it? Make yu dey wait!
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
shaq
Egg
Egg
Re: Your DEFENSE looks very shaky, folks

Post by shaq »

Mbape wrote:Without the recent news about Taribo; without Okoronkwo's fitness problem; without Udeze's possible suspension, the Nigeria defense was not much to rave about. With these problems you are approaching a crisis. I have to admit I don't know what the new guys like Abbey George, Melkam, or Enakhaire (sp?) bring to the table, but they sure do not bring experience, and if you absolutely have to have experience anywhere, its on defense. You will not win too many shootouts in a tournament like the ANC.

What do do? First, Babayaro should be your starting left back. I don't get this Baba/Udeze debate. Its a no-brainer IMO. Second, you would need to deploy a 3-5-2 system and reinforce the midfield with wingers who can retract and defend as well as attack on the flanks (question mark will be the role of Okocha as distributor/playmaker). Udeze might be the left side solution there. I don't know about the right side (maybe Utaka if he can defend). Strike pair at any rate s/b Aghahowa and Yakubu.

PS, I know some of you will accuse me of disengenuity in recommending Babayaro over Udeze, but I am on the up and up!
You know your football man
kad
Egg
Egg

Post by kad »

Mr. Shows:

Which kind yeye bandwagon are you talking about. Smell the roses brother...Nigeria is definitely not a sure banker. If we slip up and come second on our group we could even meet Cameroun in the 1/4 final. I'm NIgerian but I have to admit that Cameroun would be favorites!

kad
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

all I know is, we better beat Benin :mrgreen:
Jmal
Egg
Egg

Post by Jmal »

Can babayaro play centreback ?

he is confidence in that roll + he is very good in the air and is quick pace to pace. The question is why CCC havent tried to put Baba that Position. because he is experience is needed
In my mind I would rather Baba play centreback he is quick and knows what to do..very excelent player...And am sure baba would use the
tournament to exhibit his skills and get playing time at chelsea where his salary requirements, given that he is on £30,000 a week at Chelsea.
Mybe it is bad to start baba play centreback but who do we got..i know Yobo is currently Nigeria's best central defender!
Mybe ´baba is what Nigeria missing from the Central defence :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

Jmal wrote:Can babayaro play centreback ?

he is confidence in that roll + he is very good in the air and is quick pace to pace. The question is why CCC havent tried to put Baba that Position. because he is experience is needed
In my mind I would rather Baba play centreback he is quick and knows what to do..very excelent player...And am sure baba would use the
tournament to exhibit his skills and get playing time at chelsea where his salary requirements, given that he is on £30,000 a week at Chelsea.
Mybe it is bad to start baba play centreback but who do we got..i know Yobo is currently Nigeria's best central defender!
Mybe ´baba is what Nigeria missing from the Central defence :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
i seriously hope ur kidding :shock:
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Kad,

You say Nigeria is not a sure banker..so tell me, is Cameroon?

I am simply looking at the bigger picture. Yobo, Baba & Okoronkwo are not new to the scene. The new faces that will emerge at Tunisia are no rookies either.

My point is and remains let wait and see. If we meet Cameroon in the 1/4 finals and they think it's going to be a stroll in the park then fine.

It's rather a bit to early to conclude that our defense is shaky when the final personel have not be unveiled and tested.

Cheers
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Yes, he makes some very good points but we always find ways to overcome. I hope we can this time around.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Sir V wrote:
Jiggerman21 wrote:He is saying the truth but we don't need him to say it :mrgreen:
So you need Chukwu to say it? Make yu dey wait!
The guy go wait till heaven come then... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dog Bruno
Egg
Egg

Post by Dog Bruno »

We have problems, ten ways to sunday. My recommendation is for the NFA to properly wash their mouths, brush their teeth, in preparation to kiss Oliseh's #$%. Beg him to come help us out.

Oliseh will take a look at them and say, naaaaaaaaah- I don't think so.
You are Your Own Dog
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

The only problem we have is if people attack us with crosses... you know our keepers and crosses!

Moreover, defending is not done by defenders alone!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

U see because of Chuwkwu Mbape is mouthing off and telling us the bold truth.It all Chukwus fault eveything is on him. :evil: :x
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

I don dey fear....