UNCONFIRMED: I will join the team in Tunis- Okocha

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I am still holding out on the validity of this story. I still can't believe JJ will do this.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
pasamu
Egg
Egg

Post by pasamu »

though i love jj to bits and realise he is a very patriotic nigerian, this is a huge mistake. first he has set the precedent for all the so called big boys to do as they like. it makes a mockery of the fifa deadline set up in order to combat this club v country problem. why should wenger allow kanu to go now? what does it say to everton fans about yobos commitment to their club if the captain of his country is playing for his club while he yobo insists on going to camp. how fair is it on babayaro if he does not make the squad afterall did he not want to land earlier than the 21st? more significantly the squad is shorn of leadership with taribo not there to motivate the young ones by example in training now if it happens jj literally wants to arrive on the field and lead? and of course the little matter of blending. how often has okocha himself complained that the team does not have the time to train together and they need time together. now they have legitimate sanctioned fifa time he spurns it .
if this happens it would be because fat sam has played jj like a cheap harmonica. first make him captain, then play on his sense of responsibility. the irony of course is that if liverpool or any big team come in for fat sam i bet he jumps ship faster than popping corn out of a hot frying pan!!!
if its true then ccc has to bite the bullet and take some form of disciplinary action. drop him from the starting line up by declaring him unfit to start the first game (come up with some medical nonsense). or make a big show of fining jj or better still, launching a fierce broadside at fat sam insisting that its his fault and taking bolton to fifa. that may help jj cos fifa stipulates no team can play a player during that period unless some form of agreement is reached. these are only suggestions but if (and lets face it jj may even be on his way to camp even as i tap away) if its true some form of punishment must be found. jj has been a great servant for nigeria and deserves to go to tunis, but must as captain show the way for the others, if this news is true this is a bad way he is showing
my times are in HIS hands
Phalanx14
Egg
Egg

Post by Phalanx14 »

Greeting Super Eagles,

Bolton fan here to add a few comments your heated debate on our captain and yours, JJ Okocha. Firstly good luck for the tournament, I’m pretty sure all Bolton fans will become Nigeria fans for the duration of the tournament. I for one have always enjoyed watching Nigeria play and hope you can win the tournament.

I have no worries about JJ going away for the tournament. I would like to point out that even if Bolton did not want him to go they cannot, according to Fifa law, stop him from going. So don’t be blaming us for this, it is up to him to decide when and if he joins the squad. You cannot blame Sam for trying to keep our inspirational captain for as long as possible, if it was your team you would try to keep him for as long as possible as well. After all JJ did retire from international football before we signed him.

I don’t see JJ arriving late as a big problem for your team; he is going to arrive completely match fit (excluding possible injury) having just played in one of the top 3 leagues in the world. A player of his class will have no problem adapting to the tactics of your new coach quickly.

I was going to end this with ….

So sit back relax and watch JJ play his skin out for the country he loves.

But I just read this…..

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/art ... ?id=181376

So maybe be a little worried, but it’s probably rubbish.

Good luck

Hudds White
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

I thought the worst had happened with the chaotic nature of invitations to camp, the Martins saga, the injury to West and some others. Now Kanu and Jay Jay are planning to join the team in Tunisia while if some reports are to be believed Babayaro has been dropped. Things have really gone from bad to worse. I think tough action is needed here. Both Kanu and Jay Jay as well as Babayaro can stay on at their clubs :evil: :twisted: . The cummulative effect of their absence cannot be much worse than it is right now. And people thought that Martins was playing pranks :shock: :shock: .

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Its a Goal wrote:I am still holding out on the validity of this story. I still can't believe JJ will do this.
IAG, did you get a confirmation on Larry's thread that said Babayaro was on his way to Camp or why didn't you change that heading?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

YeyeMan v2.1 wrote:Gemini, JJ's family and economic stability (dubious money making schemes aside) are secure. I'm yet to hear a valid reason for his absence in camp.
Jay Jay is looking for a lucrative contract next season...the ANC cant cut it for him...Furthermore, i dont blame him....there's really no guarantee we wud even see the quarter finals (Jay Jay or no Jay Jay)....so why jeopardise his "work"he already started?? In the first place, we shudnt be relying on one man alone.....we had over a yr to come up with 11 other men.
Altho i'm disappointed, but i've got to realise it's his life....same with Obafemi Martins...they know the uncertainties and they have to guard against it....I'm sure if they played for a country that was better organised, they wud have been in camp long before Christmas.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
monkeypost
Egg
Egg

Post by monkeypost »

Chei Allardyce get raps e don rap chukwu and chukwu drop and Oga na last chance saloon e dey all this will come to an end.
If you give me Cole and I give you Gallas, surely, SURELY, you owe me money? waka man on the Cole Gallas transfer saga
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

I hear what you're saying Richie but your disorganisation argument doesn't quite hold up. Nigeria's preparations are no better than they were in the run up for WC2002 and just about any other tournament for that matter. Also, if as you say, the ANC 'doesn't cut it for him' then his priorities are skewed. If Okocha is looking for a lucrative contract then he'll have no better stage than the ANC to showcase his talents. Alternatively, he can struggle with his below average team hovering above the relegation zone.

BTW, don't you think it sets a bad example to the other players on the team? Remember he is captain after all. If he wishes to make such a tardy appearance then I suggest he gives serious consideration to remaining in Greater Manchester where he can lead Simon Charlton, Mario Lardel and co. to Worthless Cup glory.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

When will this end? I think we should start a thread and see how many people still want to see this players appear for Naija in Tunisia.
To stop trying is to start dying